A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday 3/23 : Share your WIPs Here!  (Read 511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2011 03:42:07 AM »

Now that I'm looking at it, shouldn't it be WsIP?  But, then again, I think WIP is a stand-alone word, right?  Anyone care to weigh in?

So, we haven't had a WIP Wednesday for awhile.  I usually remember it's Wednesday on Thursdays which doesn't really do us any good. WIP Thursday doesn't have the same alliterative appeal that WIP Wednesday has.  Smiley

What are YOU working on lately?

I'm juggling working FT, taking care of Sprout more than FT and now, we're in the process of buying a house and packing so... yeah, not much time to knit.  I do have several projects on the needles that are staring at me from across the room, however:

This blanket has been a WIP for a long time.  I'm making it for my new nephew who is expected to arrive mid-April.  The colors a little off in the photo - it's actually a traditional baby blue for my brother whose nursery is pretty traditional. Smiley

Stitch Close-Up

I think I'm going to wrap it up here shortly.  The pattern calls for 23 repeats but I think doing about 18 will be plenty big for a baby.  Besides, if I stick with it through 23 repeats, I may never finish.

And, as I realized once I had started on this blanket, I haven't knit a blanket for MY son.  So, I cast on this simple garter striped blanket for him.  This is exactly the kind of knitting I have time for - easy and no pattern required.  I also used it as an excuse to order some Madeline Tosh Vintage yarn.  I love her yarns luscious colorways and the fact that it's superwash is nice, too.  I ordered a total of 8 colors, so you can see I'm just a tad over 25% finished with his blanket.

What's on your needles? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jamielynk
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011 04:14:44 PM »

The stitch on the sweater is lovely! Both projects look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mossie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011 12:37:33 PM »

I wasn't going to post, but I had to because the pile of yarn in my lap right now looks remarkably like the yarn you're using for the blanket, except my yarn is actually that color gray.  I'm working on a raglan sweater from knitty.com's sweater design article.  It's my third sweater made using it and I'm completely hooked on it.  Luckily, I'm friends with someone who operates a small gift shop.  He keeps me in yarn, I keep him in sweaters.  It's a good deal for someone who always wants something on her needles.  Anywho, enough talk.  Time for photos.  I cast off today and am trying to convince myself to work on all of the boring finishing tasks.

EDIT-I'm new here, so I can only link to pictures for right now.  Here are the links:

Picture of my almost done sweater.
Close-up of a cabling.

The photos were taken at different times, but I wanted to include the second one because it shows the large lattice detail well.  There's also a smaller one a couple of inches above it that just has the four center bars cross over.  The second lattice was an afterthought...I accidentally made the bottom one too low and I needed something to balance the sweater a little differently.  I'm happy enough with how it turned out though.  

Now I just need to get back to the boring bits of knitting...weaving in loose threads and blocking.  Blech.  I have some very pretty cream colored wool that's calling to me, but I can't do anything with that until I finish the grey sweater, otherwise the finishing will never get done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011 04:10:33 PM »

I'm working on this cowl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/boscage-cowl with malabrigo in a fun rainbow type colourway. At first I thought it was ugly but I'm starting to like it. I don't have a picture of the wip but I'll post when it's finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mint Leg of Lamb
How to make a Hearty Hamburger
How to Make Homemade Tortilla Chips
How to Make Chicken Wings
How to make a Ham & Onion Omelet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...