A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: oh yes I DID go there! Home away from home..come by for a visit!  (Read 1710 times)
Tags for this thread: spongebob , hat , plankton  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sallymayhomer
Happiness by Hand

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2011 07:42:27 PM »

Sally..again..me..yep. So I thought to myself who else in that "scantily clad bottom" town would make a good hat and yes..you guessed it... it.. hit me.. Pine to the apple, hell to the yes.

This one was a wee bit trickier than the rest but I L O V E it.. looooove it. Wear it out in public love it. At least I get smiles all day...did I mention I love it?  Ok so I knit an orange hat.. easy enough. Then weaved a web of criss crossy ness and added dimples in the resulting diamond shapes. I knit the front door, the garage door (in the back) three windows and the chimney, whipped up the pieces for the top and used the awesome i-cord technique yet again for the flowers and the door...handle thingy and edges. When I finally attached all of those things I thought to myself, no one in this modern society could possibly NOT know what this is..but for good measure I made a mini version of the first hat, sewed his bikini bottom shut and perched him atop his amazing abode so as to leave no room for question.

I also have other ideas, like the star guys rock as a hat.. easy peasy... Plankton..genius! This particular hat is a one of a kind, didn't bother making a pattern for it. Was such a pain I don't think I ever will again. But I shared what I could and if anyone has any questions feel free. Hope you got a smile out of it!

Here's what it looks like on mah head
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011 03:06:56 PM by sallymayhomer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We should all fear evil men, but what we should fear most, is the indifference of good men. On a lighter note..have you smiled today? If you have not, Just DO IT! If you have..do it again!
microjivvy
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011 07:58:25 PM »

And omg, this is a hat so very worthy of all the love.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
susief00

Live and let.......Crochet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011 08:01:20 PM »

I love love love all your great hats!! I can't believe you had only been knitting, what was it....three months...when you started Spongebob...that is amazing!!

I also love that you just decided that since you where pregnant you needed to know how to knit and just dove in...I've been trying to learn off and on forever and never make it past a few inches of work..lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011 08:52:49 PM »

The idea is great and the execution is superb! Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Senjej
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011 04:17:57 AM »

OMG this is so awesome!!! love spongebob and this just looks totally amazing! this rocks!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011 04:22:47 AM by Senjej » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady_cyanide
too weird to live, too rare to die.

hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011 05:27:25 PM »

i must say, you are insanely talented and creative...my jaw literally dropped. have you ever considered making stuff to sell?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a pile of shit has a thousand eyes.
sallymayhomer
Happiness by Hand

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011 09:30:52 AM »

Thanks for all your great comments, I didn't need to put blush on today! When I first started making the hats my now ex had me make a few of the spongebob and he sold them, I gave one to Edie Falco for her son and although he's now grown out of it he still displays it proudly..yay!
This one I still have and don't plan to get rid of, I'd love to start my own side thing where I just make things I love and maybe sell them, a few things crossed my mind like starting a website called...don't steal this "fuckingadorable.com"  didn't think it was kid appropriate, but I can't get it out of my head maybe someday.. a girl can dream right? Regardless, I usually only make things when people ask or the mood strikes, life just keeps on happening and I never really just have time to think about what me, myself and I want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We should all fear evil men, but what we should fear most, is the indifference of good men. On a lighter note..have you smiled today? If you have not, Just DO IT! If you have..do it again!
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011 07:25:47 AM »

This is wicked Epic! Excellent design work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcombixgirlx
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011 10:36:35 PM »

Shocked simply amazing! great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Fit Image in Photoshop
Removing Pimples and Wrinkles in Photoshop
Adding Subtle Colors to a Black and White Image in Lightroom
Photoshop Curves Tutorial - Part 2
How to Add Reflections in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...