A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,666
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchie My Theme R2  (Read 14977 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whats_her_name
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2011 01:41:44 PM »

I've crafted for one of my partners so far, will work on another one today.  Wink  I will probably have them all finished this week and I'll send them out all at the same time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2011 01:54:32 PM »

Oh wow I feel so behind everyone else!

This evening was my first proper inchie making time, but I've had so much fun planning out ideas since we got partners. I'm planning to dedicate some serious inchie time this week, so hope to finish them soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2011 02:34:34 PM »

We have our first official sender so we have a gallery Smiley 

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377559.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pioneer9
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2011 03:02:29 PM »

Just a quick question, how thick do you expect your inchies to be? I have some watercolour paper that I am using and it is 190gsm. Is this thick enough or should I glue it to a cereal box or something similar?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

That sounds good to me. I like 'em flat because I mount them in journals. And honestly, some of the ones I'm making are probably even thinner than wc paper-- I draw on paper, then mount on cardstock, which isn't overly heavy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tree27
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2011 03:14:14 PM »

Just a quick question, how thick do you expect your inchies to be? I have some watercolour paper that I am using and it is 190gsm. Is this thick enough or should I glue it to a cereal box or something similar?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

That sounds good to me. I like 'em flat because I mount them in journals. And honestly, some of the ones I'm making are probably even thinner than wc paper-- I draw on paper, then mount on cardstock, which isn't overly heavy.

I noticed a lot of people in our group either wanted to frame the inchies or mount them somewhere, so I also used cardstock as a backing to keep them as flat as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2011 05:30:30 PM »

I think that I am going to put my inchie things away until I am off on Thursday.  To be honest, I don't have a working printer and am having trouble finding alternate create ways to make themed inchies.  I think I need to walk away and come back with a fresh brain.  Grin

Also, I can't believe someone has sent already.  There always seems to be someone who is able to send early in the swaps I'm in and then I feel like I'm SO behind.  Sad Ah, the ongoing need for more craft time in my day.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011 06:06:38 PM by imbettinonalice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2011 05:45:42 PM »

I seriously neglected housework to get the inchies done.. I can't draw so what I did was fairly quick but hopefully effective. and I'm a stay at home mom so I only have a house to keep and little ones to entertain. Not having a full or part time job on top of motherhood makes a big difference in crafting time.

Maybe I should've held off on posting.

No one should feel bad. There are 20 days left until the sendout date. As long as the inchies are sent on the sendout date then you've nothing to worry about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2011 06:03:48 PM »

I seriously neglected housework to get the inchies done.. I can't draw so what I did was fairly quick but hopefully effective. and I'm a stay at home mom so I only have a house to keep and little ones to entertain. Not having a full or part time job on top of motherhood makes a big difference in crafting time.

Maybe I should've held off on posting.

No one should feel bad. There are 20 days left until the sendout date. As long as the inchies are sent on the sendout date then you've nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't hold off if you were able to get them done.  If you are anything like me, that poses more of a risk that they may get lost or become a cat toy. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2011 08:12:50 PM »

I actually made progress today!! I managed to turn a few of my sketches into reality. I am happy with how they turned out.

Then I got side tracked with magazines and my 1" square punch. There are some seriously cool things you can find in a magazine that fit perfectly in that 1" square Smiley

I think this one may be my favorite Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2011 06:37:45 AM »

I think that I am going to put my inchie things away until I am off on Thursday.  To be honest, I don't have a working printer and am having trouble finding alternate create ways to make themed inchies.  I think I need to walk away and come back with a fresh brain.  Grin

Also, I can't believe someone has sent already.  There always seems to be someone who is able to send early in the swaps I'm in and then I feel like I'm SO behind.  Sad Ah, the ongoing need for more craft time in my day.

I had to take a few days off too. I was just in a rut. It is nice to come back with a fresh head.  : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insta-Makeover: The Perfect Makeup Style for Almond Shaped Eyes
How to Do Your Makeup in 5 Minutes
How to Wear Lace in Summer
Can This Argan-Oil Cream Give Us Three Times The Volume?
How to Get the Most Thorough Pedicure of Your Life
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...