A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: lutterloh's Zuschneide Lehrwerk TONS of picture, TONS  (Read 4070 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kriminie
« on: March 19, 2011 07:07:17 PM »

after ruby's post of Der Golden Schnitt, I was reinspired to look for old copies of lutterloh's books. I have two more modern copies but hadnt been able to get my mitts on a really old copy. This one (i think) is from 1947 i picked it up on Ebay for cheap. Im loving the pictures, and im SOOOO excited to begin making myself some clothing. I can definately see me wearing some of these, especially some of the skirts, with a bit shorter hem line of course Cheesy. Anyway, on to pics Cheesy

wish you could see the detailing on these, stupid cell phone pics.. stupid scanner that wont work without a print cartridge.. le sigh

i wanna make this in black or dark blue velvet with a square neck... Cheesy

you know ill be wearing some of those, for suresies

cant forget the men, but i dunno why there is a frilly apron on this page, maybe they know something about these boys that we dont?

and children's knitted clothing!! that little girl bottom right freaks me out... seriously
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011 07:20:08 PM by kriminie - Reason: forgot to add all the pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I know what I want to smell like when the giant alien bunnies come calling

MY ETSY - currently under construction - exhale
MY BLOG - ummm.. under construction?? - kriminie
smallhold
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011 01:40:36 AM »

Oh wow Kriminie, they are fantastic! Absolute wonderful patterns.
I'm afraid to ask but are you in Germany? Cos I'm there half of the year and wouldn't mind drawing a few patterns off your stash.
Magnificent find. I had no idea they were still out there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi, my name is Smallhold and I compulsively collect looms."
"Hi Smallhold."
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011 03:10:14 AM »

Wow, in color! Interesting to see the changes compared to 1941, funny how the absence of puffy sleeves make things more playful... and it still doesn't look like the 50s.
Great find!
smallhold, I'm in Germany, in case you're interested in a 1941 pattern. I could also mail copies I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kriminie
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011 10:25:58 AM »

@ smallhold sorry Sad im in the US, texas to be more exact.. Like Ruby, i wouldnt mind scanning and emailing/snail mailing some to you if you like. I love the color pics, the colors that they chose are amazing arent they Cheesy

@ Ruby I know right!!! im so excited to see the 41 book, I love comparing clothing trends throughout the years, it cracks me up to see what changes, and really to see what stays the same. Like remember how we hated on the clothing in the the 80s?? how we swore that we would never wear baggy shirts and leggings, or leg warmers or neon ever ever again, guess whats back in style... yeah, all of the above.. HAHA

http://honestlywtf.com/inspirations/spotted-neon-pfw

guess they were right when they said that fashion takes a 30 year rotation!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smallhold
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011 12:12:26 PM »

Since I didnt know Lutterloh, are they complete patterns or examples to design your own patterns with their method?
And do they go up to the more... voluptuous kind of woman?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi Smallhold."
kriminie
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011 04:50:33 PM »

I think ruby's post has a better example of the actual pattern part, its a small diagram that you use with special tape measure to draw out a pattern to your own measurements. As far as i know, they work on any size, they do have special editions for voluptuous sizes Cheesy.... but since you use your own measurements, unless the tape literally doesn't reach, I would think any of them could be used for any size. I haven't tried it tho, i'm a size 12US right now, and usually a size 8 so I don't really know how they would work on someone larger than that. I don't even have anyone to experiment on Sad All i have is brothers and a sister who would rather die than wear a dress... le sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smallhold
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011 01:44:38 AM »

Ah got it. So they are for people who learned to work with the Lutterloh system.
Once you master that, the books are with examples that can be made with the method.
Hmm makes me embarrassed I never finished that course of pattern designing when I was 16.
Will look into a Lutterloh class.
Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi Smallhold."
kriminie
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011 07:26:41 PM »

oh no, you dont need a class.. here, let me find a link.. its advertising, but they do a much better job explaining than i do.. its really simple connect the dots... very easy!! no pattern making or anything like that, unless you are picky on fit!! Mine that i have made havent needed any fitting, but maybe i have a more standard shape? i dunno.. ok linkage

www.lutterloh-system.com

on the left are links, click the video one Cheesy let me know if that doesnt help .. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smallhold
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011 04:46:12 AM »

Flabbergasted! How come in all my decades of sewing never heard of this? It's pretty fantastic this!
So all it takes are the patterns and a special Lutterloh tapemeasure?
Going hunting for one of those.
Thank you so much for posting this.
As soon as I found a tapemeasure, I'll get back to you on the patterns.

THUD! You may have heard me crash to the floor all the way there. 95euro for the kit.
Vavoom, that's a bit steep isn't it?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011 04:52:14 AM by smallhold » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi Smallhold."
kriminie
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011 02:38:57 PM »

well, i don't know, i guess all together it is, but it is over 280 patterns, in your own size, of all types. Im sorry i don't have a number in my head for euro/dollar, so im gonna compare in dollars, and let you do the math (blech, math) In the US, most patterns go for between 8 and 20$, I only buy patterns that i really really need right away at full price (though usually with a coupon) Usually I wait till they go on sale, the 1$ sale days are the best. so, lets say i was able to get all the patterns at 1$ each, thats 280$. In the US the book sells for around 125$ with the drafting implements included, thats less than half of the supersale /clearance price of patterns. Even if you didn't use all of them, you are still saving money. Especially if you sew for other people, you can just remake the pattern in their size and never worry about it being cut out to the wrong size. Plus, since each pattern is individual, and easily remade, it makes it tons easier to fit a pattern. If you traced it on swedish tracing paper and just fit the pattern then you would have an immediate sloper.. pretty much... and if you ripped it or the cat tracked poo across it (no lying, happened to me) or something else horrible happened to it, you wouldn't care because all you have to do is pull it out again and redo it.

HOWEVER, if you aren't interested in the modern patterns, there is really no reason to buy one. You can easily make your own tape measure by downloading a copy and attaching it to any centimeter tape measure. Id recommend the drafting tools( whose names have escaped me now, basically one that is curved for making curves and one that is straight) just cause it makes it easy. Mine came with it ( i started with the modern one) so i've never tried it without. And then all you have to do is get the patterns that you WILL use, or steal some from me and others Cheesy

sorry for the late response... been a bit busy over here.. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rihanna’s Loose Waves Hair Tutorial
How to Get Soft Waves Without Heat
Beard Transplant: New Fashion Craze? Really?
Nicole Richie Dyes Her Hair Purple
Ashish Fall 2014 London Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...