A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: White Lies Designs  (Read 4220 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinytallgirl
« on: June 01, 2005 11:01:01 AM »

I'm so excited!!!  I just ordered the patterns for the two cardigans below. 

Debating on posting a kal...but I should probably check first.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
fiber_freak

ruthee in Jacksonville -- Proud Knitting Bitch =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005 11:45:53 AM »

I love her designs....so nice to see things for plus-sized women that are not gross....like that "Flattering Dress" from the Lion Brand site that was posted a wee bit ago.  eeek.

ruthee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog (of course....)
http://saoirse4me.blogspot.com
bespectacled
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005 01:20:48 PM »

oh i have been dying to knit those FOREVER, but just haven't had the money for any of the supplies... i've only seen one white lies design FO on here in the past and i can't wait to see what you end up doing! what yarn are you planning on using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
tinytallgirl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005 01:33:24 PM »

(In my dreams)  Some of this bamboo yarn from purlsoho for the 1st cardigan: Classic Elite Basics
Bam Boo  100% Bamboo

2nd cardigan: Blue Sky Alpacas - Silk Alpaca

::crossing fingers:: Hopefully sometime this month.  I just ordered both patterns today.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
starlings
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005 05:45:52 AM »

I recently made the Angelina cardigan for my mother. It wasn't the most fun thing to knit ever, but it turned out beautifully. Unfortunately, I sent it off to her before I took a picture of it and she has yet to send me one of her in it - I'll post one when she does.

There's a WLD board moderated by the designer, Joan McGloan-Michael where you can post questions about the patterns and you can search the archives for questions that others have had about your projects:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WLDknitalong/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
franna724
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005 08:42:36 AM »

I've heard mostly good things about White Lies, but after a thread I read on Knitter's Review, I'm a little skeptical about the yarn kits.  I believe it was the Shapely Tank, I'm not sure, but this woman had finished the project and went to wash it.  After it emerged from the sink, most of the color had bled out of the yarn, leaving her with a garment that looked faded and worn.

I think the White Lies owner replaced the yarn for free, but all that hard work wasted!

Anna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005 08:53:15 AM »

I love both those sweaters - I've been lusting after the Angelina one for ages, and I think I might actually have to make it this fall.  I think I will probably just buy the patterns, though, and find my own yarn...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
starlings
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005 09:27:28 AM »

I think I will probably just buy the patterns, though, and find my own yarn...

I used Peruvian Collection Quechua from Elann and it worked beautifully. I'm a big believer in picking my own yarn over kits.

Tinytallgirl, I think your Blue Sky Alpacas yarn will make a breathtaking Angelina. I love the colour!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mathgirl
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005 05:05:22 PM »

2nd cardigan: Blue Sky Alpacas - Silk Alpaca

::crossing fingers:: Hopefully sometime this month.  I just ordered both patterns today.  Smiley

I actually started this Angelina in the same yarn, in the white color I bought on e-bay. I think it will work well for you. But I abandoned it when I realized 180 stitches of k2p2 was not fun. Actually I like the first purple cardigan more, because It has the lacy look I wanted the Angelina to have. I don't forsee ever trying to do this pattern again. However, I love this yarn, and I will use it somehow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gymkeiki
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005 06:47:08 PM »

I finished the Angelina and the one thing I can recommend is that you make the K2P2 ribbing for the body narrower if your chest measurement is smaller than a 34. I narrowed the smallest size by 12 stitches and it could still stand to be 8 stitches smaller.

HOWEVER, I love the sweater, wear it all the time, and will likely make another one for my Mom, probably in an alpaca wool blend (alpaca for the fuzzy, wool for the stretchiness).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
6 Holiday Treats Your Kids Can Make for Santa
Peppermint Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
Hazelnut Caramel Chocolate Bar Recipe
Blueberry and Banana Pie Recipe
How to Make Black Chocolate Truffles With Cointreau
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...