A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Japan-a-long-INACTIVE 2011  (Read 5303 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aethelberga
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011 07:33:02 AM »

Since I am a little busy to do something specific at the moment, I have raided my stash of unframed needlework & come up with these.

St Georges Day

Bishop

The Fab 2

The penny is included for size reference, but these would all make decent small notebook covers or framed pieces. I will now rush over to post them on Crafts for Japan. I also have larger pieces. If anyone would be interested in a large art deco pastel sampler, let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011 01:15:57 PM »

Hehe, wasn't Saint George about bloodily slaughtering an ugly monster rather than celebrating a cute and gorgeos fairy tale creature? Grin Of course, considering that nowadays cute dragons are such a lot more popular, having the dragon in triumphant full roast mode makes actually sense to me Grin
Hm, I might know someone who wants the Beatles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkeye

i love my horse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011 08:30:10 AM »

I took Sunday and a remnant of this corset, and came up with this wallet for our charity auction. I initially wanted to make some sort of one-size-fits-all skirt but I couldn't find a style I liked.

The fabric is light blue and super sparkly (seriously I was about to go cross-eyed sewing it), though that makes it almost impossible to get a good pic of - I tried twice!

The top little fold over is of the wrong side of the fabric for added effect. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011 01:03:04 PM »

Aw... makes me wish so hard I could sew and make something like this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011 09:25:45 AM »

I just found this over at CRAFT..
http://quiltsforquakesurvivors.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/calling-all-quilt-tops/

They are gearing up to start a drive for quilts for Japan.

Thought this would be a good place to post it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011 11:07:25 AM »

Their quilts are wonderful. I miss some information on their blog though about how the will proceed after the quilting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aethelberga
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011 04:36:41 PM »

Their quilts are wonderful. I miss some information on their blog though about how the will proceed after the quilting.

Are the quilts going to be sold to raise money or are the quilts actually for the victims?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h-chan

<3 Xia Junsu (duck butt) <3

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011 05:15:51 PM »

I just posted my offering http://craftsforjapan.forumieren.com/t20-love-for-japan-pillow-cover-case#23
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eu Kyang Kyang!!!

http://www.wists.com/h-chan
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011 06:56:17 PM »

I followed the link I posted earlyer and found this.  The dead line is preaty close.  I'll be making quilts for my Moms quilt guild to send to Japan in a few monthes.  Her guild was told not to send stuff till later in the year.  But it sounds like this group is an on going situation, and there might be opertunities to send things in the future...I just thought someone would be interested Grin

Our early/mid April bees and quilts/blocks collected will be focused primarily on comfort quilt donations to Japan. Thanks to both Seven Winds, Inc. and Quilters Newsletters quilt drives in partnership with Patchwork Tsushin in Japan, we will be joining up with them (probably Seven Winds since shipping to California may be a bit faster than Colorado, from where we are). Both QN and Seven Winds have asked for quilts by April 30, so if you have time to piece blocks or tops or even finish a quilt, we would LOVE to get it as soon as possible. There may be other opportunities to send via one of these wonderful organizations after April 30, but wed like to get ours there by the deadline for sure! Follow the links above for more info on the Patchwork Tsushin collections, including direct mailing addresses for QN and Seven Winds if youd like to send directly. If you would specifically prefer your quilt to be auctioned/sold to raise funds, that is wonderful just let us know and we will reserve it for sale.

Our later April and May bees and quilts/blocks collected (after the Patchwork Tsushin deadline) will be focused primarily on quilts to auction to directly raise funds for Mercy Corps/Peace Winds Japan. We will have an Etsy shop at QuiltsforQuakeShop that will serve as a global fundraising effort, and we are also doing our best to organize a Portland event on or around May 11th as a live auction to complement/partner with the online sale. 100% of funds raised will go directly to Mercy Corps/Peace Winds Japan.

Any questions, thoughts, feedback very welcome please email us at quiltsforquakesurvivors at gmail dot com or comment here. Thank you everyone!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011 11:29:13 PM »

Squeal! I want to cuddle it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Moving Objects
Macro Flash Photography Seminar at B&H
Macro Flash Photography Technique
Foggy Marsh Photography Shoot in Garmisch, Germany
Dusk Photography Shooting Outdoor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...