A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Soul Journaling-a-long  (Read 9128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011 03:13:01 PM »

yeah - the smash books are expensive to buy in UK, but I made my own!

Did (well - still doing) one for DH for Christmas, and used cereal boxes for the pages, then covered them with  fancy papers to hide the printing Smiley before decorating the pages. I haven't gone for much 'smashing' as I wasn't really comfortable with it, and didn't think DH would appreciate it, but got another one planned for me (got some old smallish divider cards I'm going to use) and going for a few more embellishments for that one. I did manage to get a packet of the book rings at a decent price, so doing your own pages is ok.

I'll post some pictures when I'm finished
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2012 11:10:42 AM »

What are smash books?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2012 01:27:04 PM »

SMASH is an exciting new program from K&Company that takes scrapbooking back to its roots. Simplistic, on-the-fly, and with no rules and no special crafting ability needed, you can Smash your everyday life between the pages of the contemporary-style Smash Books.
An ultra-convenient combo glue pen/journaling marker comes attached to each book so its always at hand when you need it. Now, how cool is that?!

So, what do you Smash? Well, it doesnt have to be a life event, just the special little momentsand mementos of your daysome of that stuff in your junk drawer, for example. A snapshot, a ticket stub from that movie you loved, a newspaper clipping, a magazine snippet, a cardboard coaster from a favorite restaurant, your childs first crayon doodleget the idea? Smash it, jot a note or add a caption sticker, and go! 
http://creativitystore.blogspot.com/2011/06/smash-journaling-is-here_27.html

- it's making a book and using all sorts of dodads to decorate it, it can be a memory book, or a journal, or anything else you fancy.

The comercial 'smash' books come with pages already printed (I covered mine with fancy paper), and little folders etc on them for stashing important bits etc as well as the glue/pen combo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2012 03:54:13 PM »

ah, thank you.  I am *so* out of the loop!

I think I've finished with this page.  I need to figure out a better way to photograph the pages better; the colors are less stark and a little more complimentary than it looks.

This spread is also fairly tactile.  The layers of paint are very thick and rough.  Some of the numbers are cut out of textured paint chips, and the crown form is cut from the textured gold paper that comes in the cigarette package.  The 'meaningful word' is done with textured paint, and even the sewing provides a nubby surface.

This was a fun one -- especially since I felt like I stumbled on a theme.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012 11:33:30 AM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
6 Sizzling Wedding Hair Accessories
9 Knockout Wedding Hairstyles
Get the Best Haircut For Your Face Shape
How to Style Your Hair for a Heart-Shaped Face
Get a Great Hairstyle For an Oval-Shaped Face With Straight Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...