A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: converse shoes  (Read 9804 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

I Hate Your A Face

"Schnazz" is my middle name. No, really.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2004 12:46:23 PM »

For my converse, I didn't want to mess them up irreversibly, so I got some extra white shoelaces and wrote some song lyrics on them with a sharpie. That way, if I ever get tired of it, *poof!* they're back to normal.
I chose an excerpt from the theme of "The Breakfast Club": "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds. So 80's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like a shout through an empty sanctuary,
Speak but a whisper.
I'll hear a sermon.
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2004 07:53:07 AM »

okay. so i dont have much of an imagination today, and i was wanting to do something different with my old cons seems as everyone i know seems to have ones exactly the same as mine.
 so does anyone have any ideas of cool things i could do to them?
 thankies

This isn't super crafty but I found some colored shoe laces at the supermarket for my old chucks:

I bet you could dye your own shoe laces to get some interesting colors.

Hooray for sprucing up something old rather buying something new!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
bewitched

grab your glitter and your glue gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2004 09:02:41 AM »

i do seem to remember that sharpies are best for writing/drawing on the rubber parts. i tried several different kinds of markers on old pairs of mine and i think the sharpies were the only ones that didn't bleed and go all blurry.

i'm not that old, but, damn, didn't cons used to cost $10?  i guess it's been several years & one big corporate takeover since i've bought them.
tell me about it! the last pair i bought (about... 7 years ago) cost me $17. i just bought a new pair this weekend and paid $40 for them!!!  Shocked
my feet have been rather problematic ever since i was pregnant though and i really needed them for ankle support, so i just had to suck up the price  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cast your spell... bewitched bath & body
http://www.bewitchedbubbles.com
jessdell
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2004 11:22:59 AM »

first of all get a scrap of canvas and spray paint it to see if it works, then if it does spray paint them! that is what i'm doing
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessdell
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2004 11:27:05 AM »

o yea and sharpie definitely stays. I accidentally got some on my bright yellow converse after I colored my shoelaces with pink and blue stripes, and it sweated off, so i have pink and blue marks on the tongue. NEVER do it! (unless they are black shoes) I tried everything to get it off, and oxicleaned it a hundred times, but got nothin. If you do color your shoelaces, bleach them first. The color wont dissapear, just get a little bit lighter, and then it doesn't sweat off
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004 11:31:16 AM by JesusFreak3259 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hatchild
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2004 11:39:26 AM »

My old chucks are almost dead  Cry but before they die, i want to write some lyrics all over them. They're black so they'd need white writing. The only thing i can think of is bleach ( I forsee it going very wrong) or tippex. Any ideas? Another really cool thing to do is get people to sign the white part all round the bottom. I have one signature so far- Rob from 4ft fingers when i saw them and im gonna get my friends and hopefully some more ppl from bands. Any ideas for white stuff?!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violet13

What is this, a freak out?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2004 12:11:38 PM »

For writing on black they make white laundry pens, they're available at most craft and fabric stores. I used them at the dry cleaners I worked at in college to write in dark shirts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thewalrusisme
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2004 01:04:39 PM »

not sure if this question works here or not, but ive actually got old chucks [my first pair from 8th grade] that i love and cant part with but can no longer fit into, plus they are quite warn...any idea of something artsy i can make them into so i can have them forever?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning.  My definition ends there.  It doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define." ~ A.Difranco
AladdinStardust

Juggalo rida bitch!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2004 10:15:23 AM »

i'm not that old, but, damn, didn't cons used to cost $10?  i guess it's been several years & one big corporate takeover since i've bought them.

yeah i heard nike bought converse, now they r made by exploited children with bleeding fingers like all other nike crap,  i used to love converse shoes, im vegan and they r one of the only brands that have canvas shoes instead of sued or leather and i used to love how you could personalize them, now i just buy keds, they are a lot cheeper and not made in sweatshops
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arizabif
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2004 09:04:19 AM »

Old, creaky me is so relieved to find out Cons are coming back.  I knew if I wore them long enough, they'd be in style again.  Ha!  I win!

Back in the day, we used bleach to alter our Cons, especially the black high tops.  Get yourself a bleach pen, and go crazy.  As long as you don't leave the bleach on there for hours and hours, the fabric will be fine, and you'll look oh so fetching in your faux 80's wanna-be skater punk Cons.  (Bonus points if you put Dead Kennedy's logos on them and post pictures. Smiley )     

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Best Trends From London Fashion Week!
10 Heinous Trends From the 2000s That Should Never Come Back
How to Remove Wrinkles from Clothing Without an Iron!
Guide to Wearing Your Little Black Dress
The Fit Housewives of Arizona Photo Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...