A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Act Of Kindness Swap Gallery  (Read 24620 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

susanab
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2011 05:45:31 PM »

I'm so so happy that you liked everything, Leslieshappyheart. Thanks for the nice words Kaotic and Enginerd!! It was like two people sent and I pm'd the link to Elowezil so she can see. And NOW.....I was insanely lucky enough to have Leslieshappyheart choose me for her round 3 partner in this so great swap!

Here's how it looked when I opened the box:

This MAKE magazine is AWESOME! It has so many great things to make. Leslieshappyheart folded down a few corners of some of her faves. I'm esp glad she has this magazine at home, too, because in future swaps perhaps I'll get one of those fantastic animal doorstops, or T-shirt purse, or--I liked everything you liked lhh so feel free to "go for it!" Cheesy

Back in round 1, Leslieshappyheart made something for Larissa-Rasputin that I was coveting. Bad. I never thought I would be gifted with son of Zipper-Face but, today, I was! Lush purple velvet and full of personality:

I am so excited, my keyboard is sticking to my hands (that's a little yuck, right? sorry.)

And when I unzipped Zipp...Pinky was there:

I told leslieshappyheart in a PM that if all I got was Pinky, I would have been happy. And that's the absolute truth. Look at her!

She looks like a colorful cassette tape!

Then there was a matchbox--cat stamped and colored, because we love 'em!

And inside was a "Be Happy" button that she made, a polymer clay Angry Bird book thong (from another swap that I was coveting--but there they were knitting markers) and a great good fortune:

What can I say? I practically have to go to bed now from all of this.
You aren't JUST a creative wonder--and you are that. You are a dear.

She ALSO made an intoxicating catnip toy for my 3 boys. It's a large and fluffy toy that they went WILD over. Nash was the first to claim ownership.

And, now that I look at this, he was also the SECOND to claim ownership (Sorry, Kish):

And when old man Tut finally sauntered in, the Alpha kept control from then on!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011 04:25:48 AM by susanab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.co m
Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2011 06:06:48 PM »

Awesome package!  I'd have been happy with just Herb!  (The green counterpart to pinkie)  I agree.  Love your little guys pin too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2011 06:18:02 PM »

I'm so happy that you like your package, susanab! It was a fun coincidence that we both received on the same day...I was able to mail quickly, because I chose her for round three, and I had everything ready when round three started.

I agree that the bird pin Susan made for me was like getting a gift from two people! Such a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
FoxyBlue
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2011 06:19:03 PM »

Such great packages everyone!!! Such thought and care was put into everything and it shows!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
anefariousimp
Addicted to cute and tiny things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2011 06:43:45 PM »

FoxyBlue's package for me finally made it to California today!!!  I will post pictures as soon as I locate my camera.... I got the cutest pink bunny amigurumi and craft book from her.  Thank you Wink

[Edit] I came home and saw the package sitting on my desk.  When I opened it up I found this inside:

A very cute pink bunny amigurumi, which I greatly admire since I have failed multiple times at my previous attempts at amigurumi.  She also got me this awesome craft book called Bazaar Bizarre that I can't wait to dig into!

Isn't this bunny soooo cute ?!?!?!?! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 07:18:16 PM by anefariousimp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be strange. Be weird.  Be geeky. Embrace cuteness =)
www.anefariousimp.e tsy.com
http://www.wists.com/anefariousimp
http://pinterest.com/anefariousimp/

***I don't do personal swaps - I was flaked on and it was not a great experience, however I am open to commissions***
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2011 07:47:47 PM »

So much awesomeness going around! I sort of feel like I owe my first two partners some better goodies now that I am getting better at this.

I have their addresses. At some point, they will get a few more goodies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lynds
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2011 07:58:12 PM »

I am an awful and terrible person. I took pictures of my round one gift ages ago, and then the transfer cable for my camera broke, and I just forgot to upload them. Haylie and Aheartofglass, if you have better pictures of these, I bet everyone would love to see them, because they're way more beautiful than these pictures can express.

Round 1 -- Glass from Haylie

This is sooo gorgeous. My roommates were all in shock when I took it out of the box -- "Oh my gosh, it's like someone painted everything you like on a glass!" Yep, that's pretty much right. The design is totally rad, really striking while still being elegant and sophisticated -- and Haylie even sneaked a Fifth Element reference in there. I tried to photograph this a million different ways, but these are done with my camera phone, so none of them do it justice.

Aheartofglass, my round 2 partner, also totally spoiled me.
SO MUCH LAVENDER. *swoon*
Lavender scent thingymabob, and not just any scent thingymabob, but the bobbly kind with the squishy bobbles, which I happen to be totally obsessed with. *squishes*
There are also two little packages of "paper soap" (awesome for travel!) and a gorgeous bracelet.

Close-up of the bracelet: it's really hard to see, but the glass gems each have a very subtle variation in hue. I find a lot of bracelets floppy and annoying, but this one fits so well and is so breathable that I'm not sure I'll ever take it off.

Thank you guys sooooo much! You guys rock and are both so talented!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 08:14:54 PM by seasidemuses » THIS ROCKS   Logged
FoxyBlue
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2011 04:06:04 AM »

So happy to see all this awesomeness in the gallery! Way to go, everyone!

anefariousimp - OMG!! Thank heavens it made it there FINALLY! I mean...it only took three weeks! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2011 08:43:14 AM »

My round 2 package is finally on its way.  I sent it yesterday after school got out.  And I must say that it too is an amigurumi...  a simple one to say the least but still an amigurumi none the less. Cheesy 

Now I have to get started on my round 3 partner's project.  She likes two things that could easily be combined AND that I just recently bought a book about.  Cheesy  Maybe this weekend I'll get to sit down and fiddle a bit with it.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyBlue
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2011 11:34:21 AM »

Round three parcel shipped yesterday! This was fun!! Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Making An Easy Breakfast Sandwich With Chef Tiffany Derry
Simple Baked Beans Recipe
BBQ Potato Chips Recipe
Lighter Three-Cheese Mac
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...