A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Act Of Kindness Swap Gallery  (Read 27053 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jaywesome
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2011 12:20:15 AM »

My partner for round 3 is awesome.
I could easily make 5 points packages for her.
Too bad it's one small, but she will be spoiled with the extras. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2011 06:03:41 AM »

Lol that'd be me - didn't I put my user name on the card? Or was that the one I bought a card for but realised *after* I posted I still had the card? Lol. I'm glad you liked it - I've been stressing about it because it took a while for me to do, but then when I saw how spoilt everyone else was I felt really guilty I hadn't done more for you. Sorry about that, but I am really glad you like it Smiley

I had the same problem...  being worried that I sent enough stuff!  But the details said that we were sending smalls (I had to keep reminding myself of that)!  I enjoy "Don't Piss off the Fairies"  I think I have something similar on my wist.  Cheesy  Great xstitch work!

I'm a tiny bit slack but I'm sending out my round 2 package this afternoon!  I'm pretty excited about this one!  Nervous because its not identical but I'm still excited.  Cheesy  I hope my partner likes it!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 06:04:41 AM by Ffrogg526 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2011 06:13:56 AM »

Lol that'd be me - didn't I put my user name on the card? Or was that the one I bought a card for but realised *after* I posted I still had the card? Lol. I'm glad you liked it - I've been stressing about it because it took a while for me to do, but then when I saw how spoilt everyone else was I felt really guilty I hadn't done more for you. Sorry about that, but I am really glad you like it Smiley

I had the same problem...  being worried that I sent enough stuff!  But the details said that we were sending smalls (I had to keep reminding myself of that)!  I enjoy "Don't Piss off the Fairies"  I think I have something similar on my wist.  Cheesy  Great xstitch work!

I'm a tiny bit slack but I'm sending out my round 2 package this afternoon!  I'm pretty excited about this one!  Nervous because its not identical but I'm still excited.  Cheesy  I hope my partner likes it!

Thanks for making me feel better Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
susanab
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2011 06:32:38 AM »

Round three partners are out! Everyone should have theirs, I believe. If you don't have yours, please check in with one of the Orgs.

I am taking notes on how to make the second round of this swap run smoother, but there will be a second round in June.

I thought this was peachy wonderful, honestly!! I don't know how it can be better, then again you are behind the scenes making it smooth. I'm so in for June!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
crazy4bags
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2011 07:15:37 AM »

Grin
no problem Lisa, you can NEVER have enough fairy stuff !!!!!

my bad: recieved from Stefanie Flowers.  Thanks again!!

please please don't feel bad, it's great!!! I can't crossstich at all but my sister does and I know how time consuming it is I know that piece took more than an hour!!!!
I am so excited, i'm on mat leave right now but I was a framer at Michaels so I'm gonna frame my little fairy stitch for my room, a reminder for my hubby. (one of his pet names for me is fairy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aheartofglass

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2011 07:46:24 AM »

Round three partners are out! Everyone should have theirs, I believe. If you don't have yours, please check in with one of the Orgs.

I am taking notes on how to make the second round of this swap run smoother, but there will be a second round in June.

I don't have a lot of experience with Swapping yet, but this has beed a wonderful one! I will sign up as soon as I see it posted!
I'ts run so smoothly and efficiently!
Well done, great job, kudos, and all that jazz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2011 08:11:29 AM »

Grin
no problem Lisa, you can NEVER have enough fairy stuff !!!!!

my bad: recieved from Stefanie Flowers.  Thanks again!!

please please don't feel bad, it's great!!! I can't crossstich at all but my sister does and I know how time consuming it is I know that piece took more than an hour!!!!
I am so excited, i'm on mat leave right now but I was a framer at Michaels so I'm gonna frame my little fairy stitch for my room, a reminder for my hubby. (one of his pet names for me is fairy)

I used to do more extensive cross stitch but my hands are weaker now so it hurts if I do anything too extreme - the cross stitch and the frame itself took close to two hours to do but it felt pretty quick to do at the time lol. I'm so glad you like it and I like the idea of framing it - you will have to show me a picture of it with a proper frame Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2011 01:35:57 PM »

Today I received the most wonderful Round 2 swap package from susanab!  She zeroed in on the things I like best and sent me a combination of hand-crafted and store-bought goodies.  Take a look:

This shows the whole package:  gummy candy (my favorite!) made in New York, where she works; big ol' lollipops; some interesting foreign stamps; the 2 different fabrics that everything is resting on; and the best part:  three hand-made pins! Here's a closer look:

Each pin is very special to me for a different reason.  She made the heart pin because I love hearts (as you can tell from my user name!).  It is made from various ribbons, in my favorite colors, stitched together and then cut into the shape of a heart.  It is embellished with glitter and a heart applique.  The oval pin features my favorite scripture verse ("A happy heart makes the face cheerful") and is made using the lens from a pair of old eyeglasses--talk about recycling!  I've never seen that before.

But it's the bird pin that really knocked my socks off--she saw it on my profile page where I have it listed as a favorite project made by someone other than myself. It was designed by a craftster called elowezil who lives in New Zealand.  Susan contacted her to inquire about the details of making it, and elowezil graciously replied with detailed instructions for Susan to follow to construct her own version.  (In the top photo, the bird pin is sitting just above a copy of the reply from elowezil, along with pictures of her original bird pins.)

The pin Susan made is beautiful!  It is made from strips of fabric and ribbon, with a felt beak and button eye.  The best part is the wing, which is some sort of soft fur--I can't stop stroking it!! 

Thank you so much, Susan, this thoughtful package was a WONDERFUL surprise and really brightened my day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2011 01:40:55 PM »

Wow. That's it, just Wow  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EnginerdLisa
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2011 05:14:01 PM »

But it's the bird pin that really knocked my socks off--she saw it on my profile page where I have it listed as a favorite project made by someone other than myself. It was designed by a craftster called elowezil who lives in New Zealand.  Susan contacted her to inquire about the details of making it, and elowezil graciously replied with detailed instructions for Susan to follow to construct her own version.  (In the top photo, the bird pin is sitting just above a copy of the reply from elowezil, along with pictures of her original bird pins.)

WOW, that is a great story about the spirit of craftster, and random acts of kindness, it's almost like your swap package kinda came from 2 people in a way!  It made me smile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wood Carving with Eric Saperstein
Meet Basket Maker Mary May
How to Weave Baskets with Mary May
Meet Ceramic Artist John Cheer
Meet Handcrafted Soap Artist La Shonda Tyree
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...