A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: okay, tampon BOXES  (Read 2947 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

curiocait
« on: March 15, 2011 11:01:13 PM »

I recently bought a TON of tampons (6 boxes, and I got em Fo free!) using coupons..
So I decided to put them all in one holder, and keep the boxes for crafty goodness. What should I do with them?!

Here's a pic, you can kinda see the cool lip thing.

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aisy
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011 08:56:00 AM »

I use them to mail small packages lol. You can also build paper miniatures from them I'd you use gesso
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyxmalia
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011 07:32:31 PM »

I found this a few years ago and have been tempted to try it since I only use Pearls and the boxes are so awesome!

http://www.craftbits.com/project/tampon-box-oraganizer

I would reinforce the box somehow...maybe people on here would have an idea to do that but I was thinking a thicker acrylic paint or cardboard inside it or something since they seem kind of flimsy.

I like the idea of using it as an organizer box...put smaller craft items or pens/pencils in...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
curiocait
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011 10:57:58 PM »

Hmm an organizer could work well. I'm doing a craft show soon, so maybe I could deck it out an make it all un-tampony. haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011 06:01:39 PM »

They make great storage, you could put 'dividers' in it with the tutorial lovelyxmalia posted and store multiple small items in it.

Or cut them in different ways to make them look interesting and still functional.
I found this as inspiration: http://www.stylehive.com/blog/hot-product-hotel-boxes-spring-cleaning

I use old boxes (all boxes, no matter shape or size) for storage. I use acrylic paint or spray paint to coat the box and make it "less tampony", [as you put it Wink] and for some boxes I make slipcovers out of fabric. You could certainly cover them with scrapbook paper, or modpodge magazine cutouts to decorate them as well.
Depending on how you cut boxes, you would be surprised at what you can use them for as storage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011 09:25:17 AM »

I am not sure if it is possible with this box, but I like to gently open up boxes and turn them inside out then glue or tape them back together. I am not if it would work, but could you turn it into a purse?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JodiHendon
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011 06:08:37 PM »

I made a jewelry box that I use when I travel out of a check box.  I covered it with quilted fabric and then padded the bottom with fiberfill and covered that with more fabric.  It holds everything I need for a trip and the padding keeps it from getting jumbled around.  You could probably do the same with one of these boxes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tnjharrison
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011 01:17:41 PM »

i wrap mine in chrismas paper and use for decorateing on tables
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kourtkourt
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012 11:02:21 AM »

I use tampon boxes all the time for organizing.
I don't use the pearl but I use the regular tampax, those boxes have removable inserts that separates the different types. Those inserts are especially good for pens/pencils/ etc, and the box itself is good for makeup, receipts, nail polish, (boxes can be sliced in half to make not as deep) Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmandimarie
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012 09:50:49 PM »

I love the organizer idea!! I have oftened wondered if there was anything I could do with old tampon boxes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Supervillain Origins: The Vulture
Supervillain Origins: The Lizard
Supervillain Origins: Carnage
Learn About Spiderman Comic Books
A Guide to the World of Batman
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...