A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,362
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winnie The Pooh Mural - No Disney here!! ;)  (Read 1710 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

treasures_Of_Albion
« on: January 22, 2012 12:24:29 AM »

I nanny for a *nearly* 2 year old boy, who LOVES Winnie the Pooh, but, not the Disney versions, (Which I don't think he has ever even watched!) He loves the original stories and drawings. So, as it is his Birthday coming up soon (Two months!) I offered to paint his play room, as all the walls were white and bare. No fun for a kiddie!
Of course, we all decided on a Winnie the Pooh theme.
I chose an illustration from the story 'Tiggers Don't Climb Trees' and started from there. I wanted all the characters in, so I added owl on a branch of the tree, and on the wall on the other side of the door, I added Rabbit from, oh, the story has escaped me! Sorry! Basically, Rabbit finds a note from Christopher Robin on his door.
The little boy was so good when I was painting in his room, knowing not too come to close, and re-assuringly pointing at the Characters and telling me who they were! Phew!
He loves his new playroom, and will always randomly point and say 'Christopher Robin!' or, 'Pooh Bear!' Like its the first time he has seen them, and has no idea how they got there Cheesy

This is the original:

I realised a few minutes after painting Rabbit, than he is actually a really pale sandy brown. Gah! At least the little boy knew it was A rabbit, he just thought it was Peter Rabbit!!

I'd love to know what you think, and I would love to hear any comments or advice!!
-Update!

Buzzy bees!

Hey, thats better!

Coming together!

I've finished it now, so when I am there next, (monday) I will be able to take actual finished pictures =0
Its all done! The photos are a little awkward, as they had put all the furniture back in by the tim eI got around to taking photographs! But hopefully you get the idea Wink

Hope you like!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012 10:30:48 AM by treasures_Of_Albion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.--C.S. Lewis
embercostumer
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012 01:07:41 AM »

How sweet! I grew up reading the stories, not watching the movie too. Your mural looks adorable so far. I can't wait to see it completed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.com
treasures_Of_Albion
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012 09:56:36 AM »

Thankyou! Im hoping to get it finished by next week! *Fingers Crossed!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.--C.S. Lewis
Taramor
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012 08:08:02 AM »

It looks great - I'm looking foreward to the finished work, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jessiemessy
Jessie

Your life, Your story, Your way<3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012 12:24:15 PM »

winne the pooh
winne the pooh
chubby little tummy
stuffed with fluff!
Winnie the pooh
Winnie the pooh!!!!!
p.s i adore winnie the pooh!!!!!
poor tigger!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CheeryBombs
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012 01:32:24 AM »

Wow! You've done a great job so far! I think it will look amazing when it's finished. (Eeyore is shaping up brilliantly)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
treasures_Of_Albion
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012 10:33:01 AM »

Thanks for the comments everyone! I have had such an amazing time painting it, it did take a while, but I love doing projects like this, so it was definatley a labor of love, and the look on the little boys face is payment enough =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Great Craft Ideas For A Fun And Festive Fourth Of July
Great Craft Ideas For A Fun And Festive Fourth Of July
Make It Simple: 4th of July Firecracker Pom Pom Cupcakes
Great Craft Ideas To Bust Your Boredom This Summer
PB2_EP01_LAUNCH_TEASE_TeamCoCo_ProRes422HQ.Mov
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...