A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage inspired high waisted jeans, circle skirt and matching top  (Read 4264 times)
Tags for this thread: jeans , circle_skirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

horrormaedchen
« on: March 13, 2011 01:28:05 AM »

Hi everyone, I haven't been sewing much for myself lately but now I finally have new pieces to show.
I wanted some high waisted jeans for a while now but couldn't find the right denim. What I could find in my local shops was too heavy especially with Spring/Summer in mind. But last week they finally had a lighter denim in the right colour so I whipped up these:

I used Burda 8488, which I have made a couple of times before, see here http://horrormaedchen.blogspot.com/2010/10/wide-legged-trousers-finished.html and here http://horrormaedchen.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-pair-of-trousers.html
I decided to not make the front flappy bit for the jeans and instead sew the buttons straight onto the main trousers. Do you think the red buttons look a bit clown-ish? I asked this question on my blog already but would like your opinion as well.
More pictures:

I also made up this simple circle skirt and matching top. I made my own bias binding for the top's neckline, armholes and hem.

and of course a twirl for all of you

Thanks for looking. Please let me know your comments and your thoughts on the buttons.
If you are interested, check out my blog for more sewing adventures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NewbieUK
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011 01:54:11 AM »

You're so clever! I noticed the red buttons first of all but I love them, didn't even think of clowns until you mentioned them!  Everything looks amazing well done you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tentbruiser
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011 03:46:49 AM »

As you obviously wear a lot of red anyway I think the buttons are lovely as they'll compliment any red top or accessories brilliantly. I'm not sure about wearing them as the sole piece of red in your outfit though. The jeans look fantastic on you, I love the skirt & top too. I wish I had a  skirt to twirl in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NewbieUK
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011 04:13:29 AM »

Just peeked at your site I love your clothes.  I live near you actually, I'm buying a new machine on Friday from Franklins it's like mecca for sewing! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nellyphant
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011 04:34:37 AM »

They all look fab!  I love the buttons on the jeans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011 05:56:11 AM »

I like the red buttons. The pants are really cute and look great on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011 01:05:32 PM »

I LOVE the pants! The buttons make them sailor-iffic. Excellent work...you've inspired me to pick up this pattern and finally try making pants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HM Elfke
aka elfke the strange

weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011 02:16:26 PM »

I love the trousers, very well done! If I ever come across that pattern I wanna give it a try myself  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep on smiling, cause when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you!
horrormaedchen
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011 02:38:50 PM »

Thanks everyone.
I love the trousers, very well done! If I ever come across that pattern I wanna give it a try myself  Grin
I LOVE the pants! The buttons make them sailor-iffic. Excellent work...you've inspired me to pick up this pattern and finally try making pants!
This is a great first trouser pattern as it's so easy to whip up. No waistband, pockets or anything like that. Very easy to fit too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knottylindsi

gosh, you're pretty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011 09:04:47 PM »

YES!!  Those pants are amazing, I've been hunting for something like that I'm so glad you were able to point me to the pattern! 

And that skirt and top look effortless on you.  This whole post deserves a ton of gold stars!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simon De Pury Talks About Design
Paola Antonelli Talks About What Makes a Design Good
Art Deco Design
Designing a chair, first sketch
Designing a chair, 3D sketch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...