A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 307,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
296 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting burnout/motivate me swap  (Read 604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 11, 2011 12:44:39 PM »

I have burn out.  I hate not making things but lately haven't seemed to be very inspired.  So as I was browsing through the available swap and not really feeling up to joining any of them, I thought a swap to get myself back into the game might be in order.

The idea would be to get to know your partner, what things they like to make and do, what things inspire them, and send a package accordingly, whether handmade or purchased (or handmade and purchased).  I like to needlefelt but am a little sick of staring at my current boring supplies that I have been drawing from forever.  Some fancy new fibers, new tools I haven't tried, a bag full of eyeballs/etc. would be awesome and maybe help get my butt in gear. 

I'm thinking like some crafting spoilage, not just a supply or "I have some extra fiber laying around, I will stuff that in a box and be done" swap.  Like for yarnies, maybe some fancy handspun yarn or handmade knitting needles.... stuff that would be fun to have but most people aren't going to splurge on for themselves. 

Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011 07:15:09 PM »

Sounds like fun.  I saw somewhere on someone's Etsy today (sorry I can't remember who to give credit to!) a "motivation package" little gift thingy, which was a cardstock tag, several pieces of ribbon and lace each maybe 24 inches, some paper cutouts like butterflies, etc. and some ribbon roses, or tiny teddy bears, whatever.  I thought it was a terriffic idea!  Just a small collection of stuff to get the brain and  creativity jumpstarted!  Is this what you have in mind for this swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
KimmyLynne82
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I enjoy being a dame.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011 12:21:24 PM »

Oh Lordy do I know how you feel! I'd be up for a swap like this...I really like the idea of the little kit packaged together to get some of the creative juices flowing again...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Kim~*
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog~Twitter: @ThePeachMartini

I <3 Personal Swaps!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

find love everywhere

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011 09:55:51 AM »

oh yes..I am lack of motivation land too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately in search of popcorn flavourings-they don't sell them here Sad I have a new air popper and am stuck with boring flavours.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011 01:44:11 PM »

Sounds like fun.  I saw somewhere on someone's Etsy today (sorry I can't remember who to give credit to!) a "motivation package" little gift thingy, which was a cardstock tag, several pieces of ribbon and lace each maybe 24 inches, some paper cutouts like butterflies, etc. and some ribbon roses, or tiny teddy bears, whatever.  I thought it was a terriffic idea!  Just a small collection of stuff to get the brain and  creativity jumpstarted!  Is this what you have in mind for this swap?

Yes, pretty much. Except the idea would be to really get to know your partner and what types of things motivate and inspire them with the crafts they like to do, then go that extra mile to make sure they are inspired.  It might even not have to be directly related to their craft or specifically crafting supplies.  I do craft sales and it would inspire me to get back into them if someone made me a bunch of cool business cards, some signage, or put together a scrapbook of sorts with photos of my work.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pretty hate machine
Lady Disillusion

Still I fly...still I fall.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011 10:58:01 AM »

Ooh, I like this idea. Especially that part where it was said that it wouldn't have to be directly craft related; I myself really like to draw and paint, but lately haven't been that able of doing those things I like. I think you could still craft items for something like this, even though it's not necessary craft that I need the motivation for. For my case, things like pencil and supply rolls, sketchbooks, artist's bag for on the go, or even some new tools decorated could work...!

When this swap takes off I'll be joining this right away. And later on I'll thank my partner beyond words for breaking my burnout! Cheesy Though, I think I really need this swap right away .__.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[revenge is the best revenge]
My still small wist!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...