A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
812 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: iPhone case  (Read 545 times)
Tags for this thread: iphone  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

keliyra
« on: March 11, 2011 06:20:32 AM »

So recently I got a new iPhone.  I promptly ordered a cute protective case but knew I wanted something else that could easily swap between my purses.  I change all the time depending on whether or not I'm taking a project along with me.  I bought some fat quarters and went to town.  

I really loved the way it turned out so I thought I'd post it here.  I looked for different patterns online but I couldn't find anything that was exactly what I had in my head so I sat down to try to wing it.  

**Because I'm new to Craftster I'm not allowed to post photos yet.  I uploaded them to my gallery here and the links are at the bottom

The down and dirty:
I basically measured the length and width of the phone and left a little wiggle room for the case I didn't have yet.  I took said measurements and transcribed them to a length of fabric.  I ended up with a rectangle about 16 x 5.5".  I took the very thinnest batting I could find (just to give a little protective softness) and used a decorative stitch on my sewing machine and made straight lines down the length.  I made one decorative stitch row crosswise to mark off the flap.  Basically after that I went wrong sides together with the liner all around leaving a few inches to turn and adding a little hanger off the side.  Flipped it right sides out.  Folded up the section to make the phone pouch, and went round the edge with a top stitch adding a crocheted loop at the top that I had left open for the turn.  

For the crochet loop I just did about 16 chain stitches and then went back down the chain in slip stitch.  It gives me a closure around the button that is flexible enough to get off it quickly.  I didn't want a traditional buttonhole because it would be too difficult to get the phone out.  I didn't want Velcro because it's loud.  When I saw some adorable swirly flower buttons I had laying around for an apron project that hasn't happened yet, I knew that's what i needed to do.  

Hope you all enjoy

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011 01:22:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Balatong
Tutorial Contributor

chain, chain, chain

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011 01:57:00 PM »

Nice job!  Welcome to Craftster  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Wavy Lines - Illustrator
How to Create Brushes Photoshop
How to Create Images Within Text - Pixelmator
How to Create a Dirty Poster - Pixelmator
How to Create a iPhone Style Icon - Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...