A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,687
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does anyone wear Pantyhose anymore? Or is this trend gone?  (Read 11318 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Because.Fashion.Sucks
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2011 01:22:39 AM »

This is such an interesting thread. I'm gonna share my thoughts, and I'm kinda young and not very cultured so please bare with me and my story. So this spring/summer I am going to get baptized; my church usually has a big group baptism event at a nearby lake, so I decided that I should make a dress for the occasion. And I was thinking that this would be the perfect occasion to break out of a habit of dressing that I have been stuck in for the past 6-7 years: wearing tights/leggings with anything that isn't pants (dresses, skirts, shorts, even capri pants sometimes), even in the hottest parts of the summer (I live in Southern California, so it can be pretty hot during the summer). So I am going to try to make a green 1950s style knee-length dress for my baptism. Now to the reason I've been wearing tights and leggings with everything: I have some scars on my legs that I am ashamed of. I've been hiding these scars since I was 15 and I'm now 21. But now I've decided that I can't hide the scars anymore, and I think they might be a way to get other young girls to open up about their struggles and be a "tool" of outreach for me. And I've decided that my baptism will be the first time I don't try to hide my scars because it's a symbol of a new beginning for me; I'm going to publicly declare my faith in Jesus Christ and admit to myself and anyone who asks, that I am not going to hide from my past anymore and that I am a flawed human being but my flaws will not stop me from being happy.  And please do not think I am saying that I am proud of my scars or that I want to show them off, because that is far from the truth; I'm just saying that I will not let them ruin me or cause me anymore pain. I think I will continue to wear the tights and leggings during winter, but only for warmth purposes because we have some chilly winters despite our scorching hot summers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ugh! To have less free time would be so awesome!
lylacfey
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2011 04:19:23 AM »

BecauseFashion- You are very brave and admirable. I loved your story very much. I am almost forty with horrible scars from my rape. I do not hide them either. My rape is part of my history and if those who want to judge me for that then more power to them. It shows you the kind of people they are. Who needs that in their life. I also am not proud of my scars. A lot of time I feel like hiding. Has made me horribly shy. I am not going to change that I have them. Good for you. I hope you have a beautiful Baptism.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
LMAshton
Kitchen Witch

Canada -> Sri Lanka -> New Zealand -> Singapore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2011 04:22:54 PM »

BecauseFashion, I agree with lylacfey. Smiley I think you've got a great attitude. I also think you've picked a perfect time to make those changes. Have a great baptism. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coping Crown Molding
Coping Chair Rail Molding
Coping Baseboard Molding
How to Make a Pot-O-Gold Necklace
How to Make a Sharmrock Ring
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...