A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading Swap Gallery  (Read 14243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandys_momma
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2011 03:26:13 AM »

Nice package Ralph. Steampunk is always popular here at craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AprilInAutumn
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2011 02:07:59 PM »

Oh, man I love Douglas Coupland! Gum Thief is one of my favorites, along with Shampoo Planet.

And meeting Sir Terry Pratchett?  Color me jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starfish13
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2011 09:55:26 AM »

After great delay, all on my side i'm afraid to say, here are some pics of the excellent swap package I recieved from Southern Flower.

The books - The Sceret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd; Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer; The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni and a gorgeous h/b edition of Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen.

An amazing personalised embroidered bookmark.  I absolutely love this, and have started using it already.

Some lovely stamped bookplated in a cute paper box.

A wallet for my library pass made from patchwork fabric, a bibliophile ATC and some inchies showing part of the cover of some of my favourite books.  One is definitely The Handmaid's Tale, but the others I'm not so sure.  An edition of Lord of the Flies, I think, and something with a mountain on the cover - Touching the Void?

She also made me a funky body mop thing for a scrub-down after reading in the bath 'til I turn wrinkly.  I love sitting in a hot bath with a glass of icy cold wine and a good book.  Thanks for a great swap southern flower.  I hope my package gets to you soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012:  Uncharted Waters
southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2011 10:12:15 AM »

I am soo very very glad you liked it all  - I admit I need to go look up my PDF files to remember where those other two inchies came from - I believe one is actually voyage of the Narwal.  I got the images from your goodreads list.
The bookmark is one of my favorite things I have made - it is easily customizable and it's so clever - so beware fellow craftsters if you get me as a partner one of these may come you way Smiley 

I thought the Out of Africa book was such a great edition - glad you like and happy reading! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AprilInAutumn
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2011 11:35:45 AM »

Southern Flower, I LOVE that bookmark to death.  I put it in my pinterest board.  I hope I get you as a partner one day. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosyposie
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2011 02:41:34 PM »

that is quite the lovely bookmark...super detailed and wonderful.  Also, Margaret Atwood is my favorite what a great inchie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2011 08:51:00 PM »

Yea!! My package from across the pond came today from Starfish13! 
She made some really neat stuff for me but first the treats:

As my "real" name is Jasmine and my cat's name is Earl (grey) The Jasmine Earl Grey Tea is just perfect - Iwant to dissplay it somehow.

Now for the books!

I Capture the Castle looks amazing, and I love Tracy Chevalier, and Eve Green sounds so interesting - you picked some wonderful books - I may have some new favorites!

And last but not least the coolest bookplates ever!

They are based off my love of the "earth's Children" series by Jean Auel - and they are perfection!!
Then she made me the best "book" book!  It has tabs for favorite books, characters and bookshops etc...  I can't wait to fill it's pages.

Thank you so much for the wonder package Starfish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2011 09:26:21 AM »

Yeah, I agree, Tracey Chevalier is great!

I adore that Admit One bookmark. Too cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starfish13
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2011 01:05:35 PM »

So glad that you liked my package, after taking so long to send it out.  I Capture the Castle is one of my favourite reads so I thought I'd pass it on.  And coincidence that your cat is called Earl?

Another guess for the inchies, could one be The Shipping News by Annie Proloux?  I can't remember the cover of the Voyage of the Narwhal, except that it was blue?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012:  Uncharted Waters
zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2011 11:30:59 PM »

That embroidered bookmark is amazing. Southern Flower, did you have a pattern or did you just wing it? I'm really tempted to try and make one for myself.

I don't think indigoracer has posted pics of my package so I'll just post the few pics I have.

First, the books. I actually ended up adding two more books to my package, but didn't get a picture of them (A Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge and Troubling A Star by Madeleine L'Engle).

The crafted stuff. I think I got carried away making the bookmarks and book thongs, but you can't have too many bookmarks when you're a reader. The bunch of bookplates in the middle were done on sticker paper and the gray thing beneath them is a duct tape coin purse thingy with card slots and one clear ID pocket. Not pictured is a coptic bound journal (I completely forgot to take a picture of it).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panning With High Speed Flash
Photographing Carnival Rides at Night
Off Book: Light Painting
Off Book: Technology Used for Seeing Beyond the Human Eye
How to Take Wedding Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...