A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading Swap Gallery  (Read 11999 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BroadwayBound313
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2011 12:26:58 AM »

dfunk98 I love your book tote. It's absolutely adorable.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting." -Tinkerbell

http://www.wists.com/BroadwayBound313
InebriatedKnitting
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2011 06:24:15 AM »

I love everyone's postings!  I'm starting to get nervous, this was my first swap so I stuck to the minimum requirements Sad  I hope my swap partner doesn't feel gypped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahbug
Personal Swaps anyone? Message me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2011 08:15:05 AM »

dfunk98 - I hope you like everything! I had a great time crafting for you - enjoy the reads!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

http://wists.com/sarahbug31 - My Wist-aroo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I luvvv personal swaps!  - message me!
rosyposie
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2011 12:01:08 PM »

Received from clumsy-momma yesterday, just got a chance to take pics and hop on the internet.  Boy was I spoiled, Warning:Picture Heavy

First the books:

a little bit of everything, some historical, some psych, some true crime...it seems we were really well matched bookwise.  My boyfriend is really interested in the Vietnam war so he has claimed Dear America, for himself.

And onto the lovely crafts:

A bookworm, which I absolutely love (clumsy-momma I'm glad you went against my wishes and made this awesome little companion)

a lovely bookcase which will hold more than one book which will come in handy because I am always getting stuff lost within the pages of my books when they are in my bag, so now they will be a bit separated...and some beautiful knit bookmarks...you can't really see in the picture but the one in the middle is lovely variegated pinks, blues and white.

a lovely necklace with a little notebook charm, a saturn charm, and some scissors...a great combo of all my loves...science, crafting and reading. It's hard to tell but it is actually double strands of beads that are looped throughout the necklace, sort of like a chain. 

and the piece de resistance

A lovely book bag for school in the fall, it has a velvet strap, a lacy pocket on the outside with some 3-d flowers and it is lined with space fabric!

Thank you so much clumsy-momma this package was definitely worth the wait.  Everything is so amazing and you did a great job on the bag...a super complex project for someone new to the sewing machine.  Thank you so much for all your effort and creativity...I can't wait to start reading.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ivagrovegirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2011 01:19:04 PM »

I absolutely loved Broadway Bounds package. I received three awesome books, a cute bag and some cool bookmarks!!!

Thanks,
Emily

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandys_momma
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2011 04:32:01 PM »

Wow Rosie, that was quite a haul you got. And all those books..yowser!

Ivagroovegirl, that book bag looks awesome! And a girl can never have too many bookmarks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BroadwayBound313
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2011 09:46:35 PM »

Gah, Ivagrovegirl I'm so glad you got your package. I was really starting to get worried because this is the first swap that I've crafted anything for. I just want to double check that you realize that the white book is a hollowed out book safe.
Enjoy!
BroadwayBound313
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting." -Tinkerbell

http://www.wists.com/BroadwayBound313
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2011 05:33:26 PM »

Ah, A Great and Terrible Beauty is a really good book.

I love all the Mercy's garage stuff! I didn't even pick up on it in the first package. That's in my top 3 series at the very least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2011 05:52:32 PM »

I got spoiled by my partner, Ransom! We had agreed on "more than two" books, and I should have totally known to expect one certain thing because she mentioned in in her questionnaire, but still . . . I was surprised and impressed by how exceedingly delightful the package was!
Here's my stack of prettily wrapped goodies:

A mug rug, in action. (LOVE this toadstool fabric! Ransom also chose the perfect patterns for me Smiley).

The books themselves. I had asked for some Regency romances, and mentioned Victoria Alexander as one to collect - I ended up with two, and one is signed (I've started it already)! I also asked for something Ransom liked that might be new to me, so she sent a couple of books by one of her favourite authors, Jasper Fforde (The Eyre Affair looks particularly interesting). Finally, we have a shared love of fairy tales, so she gave me Grimm's Grimmest (looking forward to paging through this Smiley).

A couple of cross-stitched bookmarks - I am always especially impressed by cross-stitch because for some reason I don't have the patience for it.

A couple of cute purchased items. I love the the pencil is from her local library. And the bookmark points out what line you're on!

And finally, what is this (in such gorgeous fabric)? . . . .

. . . it's a beautiful lap quilt! This is the item Ransom mentioned in her questionnaire that she wanted to make, but I hadn't realized it would be so big and lovely!

Thanks Ransom, this package had me grinning madly!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 05:55:45 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2011 05:54:44 PM »

I love everyone's postings!  I'm starting to get nervous, this was my first swap so I stuck to the minimum requirements Sad  I hope my swap partner doesn't feel gypped.

That's a classic feeling called "swap anxiety". Wink I think it's perfectly fine that you stuck to the minimum requirements - I always like to ask partners to communicate somewhat if they're going above and beyond.

(And yes, this is my third post in a row. That's how I roll).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Brown Eye Makeup Look
How to Create a Purple Smokey Eye
How to Create the Mulberry Makeup Look
How to Stop Skin Aging with the Clear + Brilliant Laser Treatment
How to Master the Makeup Counter
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...