A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading Swap Gallery  (Read 13308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

devotedplanet
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2011 04:42:27 AM »

Here are the awesome things I got from MerryGlas!

There were two Terry Pratchett books - Wyrd Sisters and Jingo, a little reading station that I can hang with SUPER CUTE bookmarks, a sweet little needle felted sheep (I collect sheep!) and an AWESOME little trinket box with a Game of Thrones theme. It has tea in it! And it's awesome!

Here is the other side:

There was also a bag of chocolates which... I immediately ate =P

Thank you so much for the awesome package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2011 07:08:26 AM »

Wow, I love that trinket box! Is that cut paper?

Sorry I've been MIA all weekend. I moved this weekend, and don't have an Internet connection yet. I just got caught up on my PMs, and will be updating feedback at some point when I get a few more minutes today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys_momma
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2011 11:49:17 AM »

I like those wildlife cuttings. Super cutey! Were they made with a Cricut? If so, which cartridge?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MerryGlas
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2011 12:11:40 AM »

No, it's hand cut with a craft knife  Smiley I drew the designs myself, they're influenced by the coats of arms of two characters from the Game of Thrones. It's the lettering that takes the longest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys_momma
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2011 04:32:51 AM »

No, it's hand cut with a craft knife  Smiley I drew the designs myself, they're influenced by the coats of arms of two characters from the Game of Thrones. It's the lettering that takes the longest!

O M G !!! You handcut all that??? You must have nerves of steel. LOL  If I had tried that, there would have been squiggle lines everywhere.
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2011 06:25:22 AM »

I received from indigoracer! Stupid PO, they already had the package as early as the start of the month but I never received a notice from them. Oh, well, at least it's here! Today was a bit busy so I've only got two pics. I'll put better pics once later, or maybe indigoracer can upload pics she took.

Everything was in this cute bag (even the lady at the PO found it cute). I love it, it's just the right size to carry stuff and I definitely need more purses in my life.

Here's what was inside the purse (except for a drawing of a flower which I forgot to include). There's three books: The Disorder of Longing (it looks really interesting and I was intrigued by the amount of post-its stuck into it, and it's hardcover!), The Summer King (looks like a fun read), and No One Noticed the Cat (I've read lots of Anne McCaffrey books, but I've never read this one before). The notebook has been decorated to look the TARDIS. I'll probably use it as a swap journal since my regular journal has been overrun by swap stuff lately and I really swaps need their own journal. And the teeny-tiny watermelon like thing at the bottom left corner is one of those bags you can squish into a really small container. Definitely going to be useful for my trip to my grandparents' place (and the sea!) next week.

Thank you so much, indigoracer! And congrats on finishing your first swap. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
clumsy_momma
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2011 03:48:58 AM »

zzdia, tha bag is really cute! I love that stamp too...I wouldn't be able to do that! I'd be nervous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dustyfro
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2011 06:01:00 AM »

rrrat and I are probably the last international swappers to complete our swap, so here's the stuff I got from her:

Two "Do not disturb!  Reading!" signs to hang on my doorknob.  The one on the right has it in a billion different languages
Two books in Russian.  I can't read one Cyrillic letter of Russian, so I won't be able to read these, but my best friend might enjoy them, or I might turn them into art journals or something.
I asked for something to take to the library, and she send a bag with the covers of my favorite books painted on
A woven or knotted or something bracelet/necklace/thingy that has books on a shelf.  It's super cute and nerdy!
Russian nesting doll magnet
Three lollies that she said were a Russian national sweet.  Two of them got crushed in the post, but one cockrel is intact.

Closeup
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011 03:15:02 PM by dustyfro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2011 06:07:41 AM »

Here is the awesome haul I recieved from Cayce

The Lot!

The books. I have now finished The Gum Thief, which was amazing. After this boook and the research I did for Cayce's package, I love Douglas Coupland! The second book looks cool too!

The awesome book bag from Cayce's local library. (Ilove the tagline on the bag, so true!)

Cool bookplates

Awesome Steampunk bookmarks.

The long one in action. I love the way it clings in the book, it doesn't fall out!

And finally the awesome cards she sent. She went with a steampunk theme, which I love.

Sorry for the overexcitement of this post. Today I got to meet Sir Terry Pratchett, so I'm still amped. And Cayce's package is cool!

Thanks Cayce!

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2011 03:16:23 PM »

I love seeing things from people's local libraries! Those bookplates are also delightful. (And Terry Pratchett meeting!? Very cool!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Print Holiday Gift Bags
How to Make Glittered Christmas Ornaments
How to Use a Scanner to Make Holiday Cards
How to Make a Christmas Card Scrapbook
How to Make Gingerbread Men Christmas Ornaments
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...