A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Jackalope  (Read 3779 times)
Tags for this thread: jackalope , monster  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarach
« on: March 09, 2011 03:17:33 PM »

This is the first crochet project I ever started and the second one that I finish (I got sidetracked and made this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371827.0)

It took me a while, but now he is finally done!

When I decided I wanted to do an amigurumi I looked around for free patterns, but couldn't find anything that I really wanted to do... Eventually I found a picture of a bunny with teeth that I thought was cute... but I didn't have a pattern for it...so instead I sort of winged it! I borrowed bits and pieces from loads of different free patterns online, and some of it I made up as I went along...

When he was almost finished I felt something was missing, so I decided he needed antlers!

Thinking back it would have been so much easier to just follow one pattern, but I think I learned a lot this way! Wink

There's definitely some mistakes on him, but I think I've managed to cover them up pretty nicely... and I'm super happy with the end result!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skittlebub
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011 03:23:54 PM »

That's super cool. Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011 03:38:27 PM »

HAHAHA Best Jackalope ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
rockthatfish
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011 03:46:23 PM »

whoa, that's your first crochet project, and you didn't even just follow one pattern? that is pretty amazing! i was lucky to finish a scarf when i first started! i'm impressed. it looks rad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueAndRedCows
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011 04:16:36 PM »

I lol'ed at the thumbnail, then clicked into the topic and lol'ed even more... he is hilariously cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thereissomuch
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011 06:10:16 PM »

This is your first crochet project?!?!  I'm sure mine was a lopsided square that either got ripped out or is hidden in a drawer somewhere at my mom's house.

I'm super impressed and wish there was a pattern for this!  You're a crochet natural, hopefully you'll write a pattern sometime soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All this and more at there is so much
sarach
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011 06:50:40 PM »

Thanks everyone!  Grin
I'm super impressed and wish there was a pattern for this!  You're a crochet natural, hopefully you'll write a pattern sometime soon.
I can look around tomorrow and see if I can find some of the links to the patterns I used if you want? ...and maybe write down what I did... though I'm not sure if I can make any real pattern cause I didn't really take notes while doing it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zombie.anna
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011 08:37:27 PM »

Ha! Love it.  Perfect teeth.  The best pic is your avatar.  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monsterlilian
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011 09:15:04 PM »

That's awesome. I especially love its expression.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarach
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011 04:14:48 AM »

Ha! Love it.  Perfect teeth.  The best pic is your avatar.  =)
Hahaha... He's my baby Smiley

I'm super impressed and wish there was a pattern for this!  You're a crochet natural, hopefully you'll write a pattern sometime soon.

Ok, here is sort of what I did (don't know how much help it is)

The head is from a sackboy pattern, but I changed the mouth a little (can't seem to find a link to the pattern I used)

Can't remember how I did the body, I don't think I had a pattern for it...
The feet are from a library book so I don't have it anymore...

The arms
Row 1: sc 5 into magic ring
Row 2: sc 2 int 1 around (10)
Row 3:*sc, 2 sc in 1, repeat from * (15)
Row4-9:sc around
Row 10: decrease 3 sc (12)
Row 11-24: sc around

The teeth are: ch 3, sc into 2nd ch from hook, hdc into 3rd ch from hook, ch1 - done continuously

The tongue I just free handed, can't remember exactly...but I think it's probably sc 6 into magic ring, 2sc in each sc around, and then sc around until I thought it was long enough...

The ears are from here http://tamiesnow.typepad.com/roxycraft/2009/04/free-pattern-amigurumi-easter-bunny-bunny-boo.html

The antlers (I came up with these all by myself, and I only took crazy notes that are half in Swedish half in English and mostly make no sense...so excuse any mistakes I've made)
Row 1: Chain 8, slip stitch together then sc around
Row 2-14: sc around
Row 15: sc2tog, sc 2, sc2tog, sc 2 (6)
Row 16-24: sc around
Row 25: sc2tog, sc2tog, sc2tog
uhm...and try to make the ends pointy...

This is for the big part, then I did pretty much the same for the the smaller horns, but I started with a chain of 6 and a chain of 4 and I didn't decrease...
And then I just stitched the horn pieces together.
Oh, and there is a steel wire inside to keep them up... and remember to stuff as you go along...cause stuffing the horns afterwords was not easy!

The tail is just a simple yarn pom pom...

My moms friend just asked if I could make one for her daughter, so if I do... I'll try to write down the patterns...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011 05:01:04 AM by sarach » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set Up a Warp for Weaving
How to Prepare Wool Fiber for Spinning
How to Make a Laptop Skin
How to Make Dinosaur Masks
How to Make a Snake Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...