A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Serial killer project  (Read 11867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wendyblackheart
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2009 04:46:23 PM »

Ah, Hindley - there was once an amazing painting I saw of her - someone had casted the hands of kids, and used them to make a stamped mosaic of that picture. It was in the Sensation! Exhibit when they brought it to Brooklyn in...Hrm. Had to be 2000?

I guess its both a distinctive photo, and a good one for translation into other mediums.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

----
Wendy Blackheart, Lady of Naugahyde
wendyblackheart
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2009 04:51:29 PM »

And I see looking through the comments that piece of artwork was already posted. Bah! Anyway, I'd love to see more of these - I've had a life long fascination with serial killers. I even have favourites. (Gein. There is something oddly entertaining about a man, who, when his house was searched, had a box filled with vaginas)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

----
Wendy Blackheart, Lady of Naugahyde
leahwoo9
Woohoo - my etsy!

Does this smell like chloroform to you?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2009 12:45:45 PM »

That is awesome work!  I get spooked out just having Audrey Hepburn on my wall let along serial killers!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://woohoocrossstitch.etsy.com  My g-rated store

http://crotchstitch.etsy.com  My x-rated store (beware!)
nodakbex
NDBex Creations

Happiest when creating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2009 11:09:19 AM »

I think you did a great job with this.  The subject matter is interesting...the looks in their eyes are chilling.  It's a fascinating subject, can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright, 1876-1944
faerytalz
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2009 03:55:00 PM »

Everyone likes something different and this is different. Good for you. No more teddy bears and angels...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2009 04:29:50 PM »

When I think of glamour, I often think of people who are spoiled, who don't understand the value of the things or people who are around them so they cast them off like scrap paper as soon as they no longer entertain them. 

I think this is a good representation of what a serial killer is.

As for the pictures, I just don't get the why you (general, not specific) would want their pictures. It is not the fascination with the psychology of the killer's mind or morbidity itself that I don't get. That I get.

I get the no more unicorns, astrology, teddy bears things. I grew tired of those long ago myself.

I've just never understood taking the time to stitch serial killers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brandybee
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2010 11:42:36 PM »

Wow, these are awesome. Makes me want to reread my Serial Killers encyclopedia. I hope you plan on doing more of them. May I suggest an Ed Gein or an Albert Fish? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoyceMachine
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2010 02:49:04 AM »

I like them. I do think they're creepy as hell though.  I once worked in an art gallery that had a picture of Ian Brady...it gave me the fear but was luckily (or bizzarely) snapped up quick and it wasn't left lying around the studio after the exhibition ended.

I also have no interest in sewing bunnies and such and I don't think for a second you're endorsing the moors murderers.

These forums are filled with work that is subjective, not all of it's suitable for work and it's certainly not for everyone's taste but I think it's the reason why I come here to show my work rather than join the sewing bee in the church across the street.

There's probably a line somewhere but I personally don't think you've crossed it at all.  Keep up the good work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2010 04:24:38 PM »

When this project was posted here in 2005, it probably was one of the most edgy pieces to cross these virtual doors, hence the controversy.
Since that time, we have seen all manner of "taboo" subjects, especially on the needlework board (I think we just like combining the "prim and proper" art of embroidery with shocking subjects for the irony).
I think Craftster is fabulous for welcoming these unusual and controversial pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
dawn0684

You know what? It doesn't matter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2010 06:02:23 PM »

I have an odd serial killer obsession myself. So I think the portraits are really cool. Good Job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Angelic Grilled Peaches Recipe
How to Make Frozen Chocolate Monkey Treats
How to Make Lovely Chocolate-Lace Lollipops
How to Make Easy Minecraft Pig Cupcakes
Strawberry Angel Food and Coffee and Donut Milkshake Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...