So, a friend of mine wanted a pagan god figure crocheted by myself. We looked online, however, the only one we could find, and ultimately decided on, was pretty sad looking. Well, I got 85% through making it, and decided that it really was only suited to be the dog's toy. Again, I looked around, and couldn't find anything...
So I found a pattern for a head and body (mainly because I was being lazy, lol), and went from there. This is based on the Gundestup Calderon. My friend was very happy with it. I plan on making another one, but will make up my own head/body pattern to closer match the Calderon.
Major changes made to turn the little devil into Cernunnos (as depicted on the Gundestrup Cauldron).
Head: per pattern.
Body: Different color than head, so that he looks to be wearing clothing. Done per pattern, stitch-wise.
Arms: Did not do the arms per pattern. Also, I started with skin color, and then changing to clothing color.
Legs: Not done per pattern, and made long enough to cross for the correct look.
The arms were attached, and then stitched at the elbows to give an upward bend.
The legs were attached and crossed as they are on the cauldron.
Here was the tough part. The antlers were difficult to get the right look. So after trial an error, I finally got it looking correct.
The face was embroidered as best I could, very simply.
Original pattern: http://kandjdolls.blogspot.com/