A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mounted CD and case  (Read 579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annoyinglittlegirl
« on: March 06, 2011 05:15:20 AM »

This is a really simple project - I mounted my boyfriend's band's CD for him for his birthday. He's always saying he wishes he'd kept more mementos from when his band was starting out, like gig flyers and stuff, so I thought this would be a nice thing to look back on in the future.

Also, I think it's kind of cool how my simple project also features their own project - they're creative like us but in a different way, since they craft their music, and the album cover, etc.

Closeup of their awesome artwork - all hand drawn, including the girl's face!

(if this isn't allowed mods, please delete it!)
If you're interested in checking out the band, visit www.mangetout.tv or www.myspace.com/mangetout or www.facebook.com/mangetoutband
My boyfriend is the drummer Smiley (insert generic joke about drummers)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my vegetarian cookery blog Smiley views, comments and FB likes are ALWAYS appreciated!

www.amuse-your-bouche.blogspot.com
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011 06:14:00 AM »

Bookmarking this to show my Dd, who will be as fascinated by that face. This is lovely, and a wonderful gift!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
annoyinglittlegirl
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011 07:23:37 AM »

Bookmarking this to show my Dd, who will be as fascinated by that face. This is lovely, and a wonderful gift!

Thank you! Why would she be particularly interested in the face?

You can see the CD image more clearly here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=432239817365&set=a.146354932365.114313.88461242365&theater

and the original pencil drawing is here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=454408477365&set=a.146354932365.114313.88461242365

I hope those links work for you...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my vegetarian cookery blog Smiley views, comments and FB likes are ALWAYS appreciated!

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011 06:05:37 PM »

Thanks for the FB link! I showed her both, plus your assurance that the colorized version in  your framed gift was NOT a photograph...she said (after a reverent moment of silence), "That. is. just. crazy."

She would be particularly interested because she's 16 and in Art 1 this year. She just learned she CAN draw and has been drawing faces for about 15 assignments. She's going to move into color next year in Art2, and I KNEW she'd be fascinated, especially after you sent the FB page in pencil.

Here's a wee sampling of her art, and I think I can tell how much she's grown over the course of the school year so far...
Early ones:

More recent ones:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011 06:06:47 PM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
annoyinglittlegirl
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011 02:01:43 PM »

Those are great! Glad she liked the picture! I can't take any credit for it whatsoever, but I agree it's amazing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do a Treble Stitch
Tunisian Crochet: How to a Reverse Stitch
Tunisian Crochet: How to Start
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Simple Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: Introduction to Tunisian
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...