A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: GRANNY-A-DAY APRIL *A YEAR OF GRANNIES* Start: 4/1/2011  (Read 7690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011 08:49:58 AM »

Thank You, Bananaleg and Horsygirl321!

Thankfully, I had enough yarn for 3 more rows for a total of 13 regular and 2 rectangle, I wanted something to make the ends look a bit more special, but it has led to a design question...Single crochet, granny shell, or some other finish stitch I don't know yet? I have the black from joining, orange, brown, and green left to work with.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011 10:14:23 AM »

WOW! Everyone is doing so awesome!!!!

I wanted to pop in and mention that we have been discussing doing a granny square swap over here. I wanted to let you avid granny go getters that I have offically opened up swap sign ups today. Check out the thread and see if it is something you might enjoy. If you meet the requirements PM with your completed questionaire!

Keep up the great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011 10:27:32 AM »

Is it too late to join? I'm going to have some funnnn crochet ahead of me when the Granny Square swap starts. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
horsygirl321
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011 12:32:12 PM »

Oooh the granny swap sounds amazing! I must calm myself and think about joining... Also, a quick question/sugestion: I think it might be helpful to have everyone in the swap use only 100% acrylic yarn. If someone uses something different like wool it might felt while in the washing machine. Thoughts? (I'll post this in the actual swap thread, as well.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        You like my designs? Wow, thanks!
      You can check out the patterns here:         
           http://oregonstream.etsy.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011 03:48:05 PM »

It is never too late to join granny a day! There will be one in may too. I will probably start the organizing thread for that tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crocheterbee28
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011 07:22:17 PM »

Hi there! Im new here! I love to crochet! Do granny-hexagons count? I just learned how to make them and I think they are a blast to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011 05:16:51 PM »

of course they do, crocheterbee2!!  A few months back Nfirehazzard had a lovely one that she did...I tried the pattern, too...but put it aside for a different one.  So many grannies...so little time!! =]

How are your beautiful granny projects coming along, BennuBird??  I love how the Autumn colored one is looking...great use if the different granny motifs, too!! 

Not much on my part...paper crafting is coming to an end and then full-time granny making! whoo hoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011 11:20:53 PM »

How are your beautiful granny projects coming along, BennuBird??  I love how the Autumn colored one is looking...great use if the different granny motifs, too!! 

Howdy Kittymom13, Thanks! I decided on just a single crochet around the fall afghan looked best after trying out a few. Tonight I got out to a couple craft stores for more yarn for yet another couple projects. LOL

Here is the fall completed

No progress on the bedroom babette granny other than one motif square I had to make. The black/white/gray single granny is now 25 rows and I decided to add some smaller squares just to break it up a bit. Scrappy granny ripple is coming along nicely with 35 rows complete. I will get some pics loaded soon.

I finally chose my yarn for the spare room afghan and decided to make it a hexagon granny and I started a Halloween colors granny I may give as a gift. Add all the granny type afghans to my others and I have 10 afghans going...I think I'm in over my head and loving it! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011 07:17:56 PM »

I'd be afraid to add up the afghans knitted and crocheted that I've started and serious want to finish!   Shocked
I know what you mean though! =]
I'm making Granny's Daughters for the said swap...then gearing up for partners in Ga Ga for Grannies Swap!!
I'm still working slowly on the Hibiscus one, too.  I have a green knitted afghan for my daughter that will be next on the list (oh, yeah, and the patchwork sampler project that I'm knitting away on-sometimes)...and always, always some granny project! =]

Happy Stitchin'!
Can't wait to see the pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crocheterbee28
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011 05:18:55 AM »

Here's a progress pic of my granny hexagon afghan that I am working on! :-) I still got 12 more pink hexagons to make then I will be done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Our Favorite Picks for Cruelty Free Beauty Products
The Spoon Facial: Does It Work or Is It a Joke?
5 Things to Try This July 2014
Birchbox July 2014: Sneak Peek Part 2
How to Simplify Your Summer Beauty Routine
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...