A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: GRANNY-A-DAY APRIL *A YEAR OF GRANNIES* Start: 4/1/2011  (Read 6920 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2011 04:28:11 PM »

APRIL GRANNY-A-DAY
CELEBRATING A YEAR OF GRANNIES!
(not a year long craft along! Just Marking the one year anniversary of granny-a-day!)

I thought these flower granny pillows made for inspiring spring lovliness. This granny-a-day crochet along has been going on for officially one year! I am working on an idea for us to celebrate this! Maybe a granny square swap of sorts to go with this crochet along. I am open to ideas!

Here is the usual info:
This is basically a motivation crochetalong. If you want to work on a granny square, motif, one huge granny square blanket, this is a great way to set aside time everyday to get some serious work completed in an attainable amount of time.

People have come up with some really neat uses for grannys too! Different bags and blankets, shopping sack holder, slippers, scarves, a nifty pullover etc. I have made 7" grannys and after a month I have 30 squares that make a perfect size throw blanket.

If you are intrested and would like to join we would love to see your work! Post pics of progress and then at the end of the month post a pic of al that you accomplished! It would be great if everyone could post progress weekly (but not required). At the end of the month we can piece together our work and show off our afghans and Inga bags and whatever else you can come up with to make with nifty grannies! (Must post a completed project or progress pic in this thread.)

You can find many of the other threads in the crochet-a-long section to see how we have done it before!

granny square links:
bevs country cottage
crochet cabana

Picture credit goes to Shumaila who got it from Beata. Both very nice crochet blogs.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011 01:52:31 PM by BabyCakes8510 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011 05:03:19 PM »

Here is a swap discussion thread on the idea of a granny square swap to celebrate the year of grannies.

Basically, I want a little granny square from all of my granny friends to make into my own friendship afghan that I would cherish forever.  Cheesy

Check it out. It might be cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011 12:44:00 AM »

I decided tonight that I needed a project to start with the new month, so I made hubby take me to AC Moore to buy yarn for a bedroom afghan. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.Grin

I started around 12:30 am and here is what I have so far.

I think I should assign a day of the week to each afghan with two days of rest so I can get them all done in a timely manner. hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011 06:42:32 AM »

What a great idea! Those are very pretty squares. I can't wait to see your progress BennuBird!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K8iSGR8
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011 03:47:00 AM »

I have a giant Granny Square stashbuster going on right now. It's just under 5 feet, and the rounds are getting tedious... so perhaps a crochet along is in order Tongue I want this monster beast to be 8ft x 8ft by the end of it. Smiley

Count me in!

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm only pretending to be crafty,.. hopefully one day I'll get it right Tongue

www.knot2witty.blog spot.com
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011 03:45:47 PM »

It is unlike this thread to havce such a small response. i am wondering if "A YEAR OF GRANNIES"  in the title is scaring people off!

Welcome to those that are joinging!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

msdrey30
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011 07:00:57 PM »

i'm always in for a month of grannies. even after i get this blanket done, which i'm hoping will be some time this month (got fingers crossed lol), i like making grannies, they are fun and simple and i'm looking forward to experimenting with them more than i've been able to so far Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011 08:12:38 PM »

I've got a whole 'nother year of granny projects in mind...rugs, Inga bags, and blankets!! =]  I'm still working on the Hibiscus/Snowflake blanket for now!  I'll be ready for the granny swap when the time comes, too! 

I love the colors BennuBird on your new granny squares!  I think you are 'HooKeD' on grannies...har har!!

K8iSGR8--that is one BIG afghan and getting bigger...I love the spirit going on in this months CAL...=]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011 12:39:14 PM »

I think the low response may just be the spring bug getting everyone since this was such a harsh winter, but what do I know Tongue

Only 2 weeks left to finish this granny and I made my goal of the remaining 50 second rows this week with 2 days to spare. WOOT!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KismetFyrechyld
That Crazy Redhead

Crochet, Chainmail, Amtgard, Theatre-I do that.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011 03:00:25 PM »

I'm in! For this month, and for the swap. Smiley

Projects for this month are going to be the granny blanket I started in March, as well as the black behemoth which has yet to be finished. The red one is 30 inches square right now, and I have no clue how big it will be before I decide it's finished. The black one is 6 feet square right now, and has about a foot left to go. Hopefully I'll get the black one finished this month, and a good chunk done on the red.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I started making chain mail jewelry in June 2011, and started my own company, Incendia Designs, in August 2011. I also crochet, act, sew (a little) and am enjoying being a newlywed!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Measure Your Head For A Custom Wig
How to make a French Twist
How to Updo using a Hair Comb and a French Twist Hairstyle
Flawless Skin Tips
Celebrity Look-Alike
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...