A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: GRANNY-A-DAY APRIL *A YEAR OF GRANNIES* Start: 4/1/2011  (Read 7147 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011 08:26:14 AM »

So tell me Kittymom13 where do you hide your yarn from your spouse? I am running out of places. =)

Crocheterbee28 - Great color combo, that will make you happy every time you look at it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011 12:47:52 PM »

So tell me Kittymom13 where do you hide your yarn from your spouse? I am running out of places. =)

Crocheterbee28 - Great color combo, that will make you happy every time you look at it!

I gave up on hiding my yarn from my husband.  Cheesy I have 3 paper case boxes, 2-18gal totes, & a 3 drawer cart thingie full of yarn.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011 05:12:40 PM »

L-O-L... Cheesy

I don't hide it...it's everywhere! Fills up drawers, trunks, and moving boxes down here in the basement...just a couple of those(sorted into potential projects), cause I have bins that are color sorted and more piled on those...har har...=]

baby colors
rug yarns
Christmas varigated-I do have a scrappy afghan in the works w/some of this
HugE browns/turquoise zig-zag afghan
greens/white...one afghan
black/multi brights...another afghan
sock and wool yarn in DD's trunk
green knitted afghan for DD...to put into trunk...=]
wool Patchwork project in dresser drawer upstairs
cottons for washcloths and scrubbies in another drawer(old buffet)
mohair yarn in another drawer of the same...slowly being knitted into a scarf
white shelves hold fabric bins w/yarn that I've used...just don't know what to do w/the left-overs
'Active' bookshelf that I take yarns to make hats and other charitable projects with...

I could go on...can you tell there is SoMe organization??? =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madame marigold
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011 03:31:00 PM »

Hiding skeins of yarn is easier than hiding bolts of fabric! (trust me)  Roll Eyes Now the problem since I cant drive any more is convincing hubby to stop and buy me one more skein!  Grin  Kim
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011 03:48:26 PM »

Yuppers...=]

After living w/my stash, DH is beginning to understand the different yarns and what I'd NeeD a different one for...sometimes.  =]  I really only get wool now for special projects...Patchwork Sampler, etc.  I still get yarn second hand if it is a real bargain and something I'll use right away.  Good acrylics(usually varigated) make great potholders that I can buy really cheap and sell for profit.

I go on and on...*so sorry*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011 04:00:49 PM »

Yuppers...=]

After living w/my stash, DH is beginning to understand the different yarns and what I'd NeeD a different one for...sometimes.  =]  I really only get wool now for special projects...Patchwork Sampler, etc.  I still get yarn second hand if it is a real bargain and something I'll use right away.  Good acrylics(usually varigated) make great potholders that I can buy really cheap and sell for profit.

I go on and on...*so sorry*

Where do you get second hand yarn from?? *takes notes* I'm always on the lookout for wool yarn, especially white/undyed wool since I dye my own. Smiley

I have to admit...it's a lot easier to hide new skeins of yarn when you have a larger stash. *muahahaha*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
BennuBird

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011 04:43:31 PM »

Hiding skeins of yarn is easier than hiding bolts of fabric! (trust me)  Roll Eyes Now the problem since I cant drive any more is convincing hubby to stop and buy me one more skein!  Grin  Kim

HAHA! I am in the same boat, cannot drive anymore as well and I just did the same thing, left him in the car and went in for one skein and came out with fourteen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BennuBird

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011 04:52:19 PM »

Since I derailed the thread with yarn storage trickery I took some snaps of the granny hex for the spare room and the motif square that will go into the bedroom granny babette to get us back. =)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crocheterbee28
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011 02:02:58 AM »

I have done some more work on it but I ran out of that pink, and I dont think I can get any more because it was an older skein of yarn I had recieved in a swap.  How ever I may do blue flowers to go with it.  I got some more work done on it and will be posting pics later today sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011 05:29:44 AM »

Oh, you just never know when a good stash of yarn will show up.  I don't go thrift shopping as much(littler home, less space!)  I do go to a favorite spot when I'm visiting my sister in Chicagoland.  A Salvation Army store there as some great yarns and their prices are very good.  I've gotten two whole skeins of Fisherman's wool, natural color, for $1.50, even though the Hobby Lobby price sticker was on each for $9.99!! =] 

I'm working on my second-to-last row of Hibiscus/Snowflake squares!!  The end is in site!

Great squares/motifs BennuBird...very nice colors.  =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Genova on Still Alice
Philippa Gregory on the Depiction of Women
Mem Fox Reads from Hello Baby
Becca Fitzpatrick Talks About Hush, Hush
Mark Bittman Talks About Kitchen Express
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...