A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: GRANNY-A-DAY APRIL *A YEAR OF GRANNIES* Start: 4/1/2011  (Read 8158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BennuBird

I kissed a seal and I liked it.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011 08:26:14 AM »

So tell me Kittymom13 where do you hide your yarn from your spouse? I am running out of places. =)

Crocheterbee28 - Great color combo, that will make you happy every time you look at it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011 12:47:52 PM »

So tell me Kittymom13 where do you hide your yarn from your spouse? I am running out of places. =)

Crocheterbee28 - Great color combo, that will make you happy every time you look at it!

I gave up on hiding my yarn from my husband.  Cheesy I have 3 paper case boxes, 2-18gal totes, & a 3 drawer cart thingie full of yarn.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011 05:12:40 PM »

L-O-L... Cheesy

I don't hide it...it's everywhere! Fills up drawers, trunks, and moving boxes down here in the basement...just a couple of those(sorted into potential projects), cause I have bins that are color sorted and more piled on those...har har...=]

baby colors
rug yarns
Christmas varigated-I do have a scrappy afghan in the works w/some of this
HugE browns/turquoise zig-zag afghan
greens/white...one afghan
black/multi brights...another afghan
sock and wool yarn in DD's trunk
green knitted afghan for DD...to put into trunk...=]
wool Patchwork project in dresser drawer upstairs
cottons for washcloths and scrubbies in another drawer(old buffet)
mohair yarn in another drawer of the same...slowly being knitted into a scarf
white shelves hold fabric bins w/yarn that I've used...just don't know what to do w/the left-overs
'Active' bookshelf that I take yarns to make hats and other charitable projects with...

I could go on...can you tell there is SoMe organization??? =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madame marigold
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011 03:31:00 PM »

Hiding skeins of yarn is easier than hiding bolts of fabric! (trust me)  Roll Eyes Now the problem since I cant drive any more is convincing hubby to stop and buy me one more skein!  Grin  Kim
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011 03:48:26 PM »

Yuppers...=]

After living w/my stash, DH is beginning to understand the different yarns and what I'd NeeD a different one for...sometimes.  =]  I really only get wool now for special projects...Patchwork Sampler, etc.  I still get yarn second hand if it is a real bargain and something I'll use right away.  Good acrylics(usually varigated) make great potholders that I can buy really cheap and sell for profit.

I go on and on...*so sorry*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011 04:00:49 PM »

Yuppers...=]

After living w/my stash, DH is beginning to understand the different yarns and what I'd NeeD a different one for...sometimes.  =]  I really only get wool now for special projects...Patchwork Sampler, etc.  I still get yarn second hand if it is a real bargain and something I'll use right away.  Good acrylics(usually varigated) make great potholders that I can buy really cheap and sell for profit.

I go on and on...*so sorry*

Where do you get second hand yarn from?? *takes notes* I'm always on the lookout for wool yarn, especially white/undyed wool since I dye my own. Smiley

I have to admit...it's a lot easier to hide new skeins of yarn when you have a larger stash. *muahahaha*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
BennuBird

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011 04:43:31 PM »

Hiding skeins of yarn is easier than hiding bolts of fabric! (trust me)  Roll Eyes Now the problem since I cant drive any more is convincing hubby to stop and buy me one more skein!  Grin  Kim

HAHA! I am in the same boat, cannot drive anymore as well and I just did the same thing, left him in the car and went in for one skein and came out with fourteen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BennuBird

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011 04:52:19 PM »

Since I derailed the thread with yarn storage trickery I took some snaps of the granny hex for the spare room and the motif square that will go into the bedroom granny babette to get us back. =)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crocheterbee28
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011 02:02:58 AM »

I have done some more work on it but I ran out of that pink, and I dont think I can get any more because it was an older skein of yarn I had recieved in a swap.  How ever I may do blue flowers to go with it.  I got some more work done on it and will be posting pics later today sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011 05:29:44 AM »

Oh, you just never know when a good stash of yarn will show up.  I don't go thrift shopping as much(littler home, less space!)  I do go to a favorite spot when I'm visiting my sister in Chicagoland.  A Salvation Army store there as some great yarns and their prices are very good.  I've gotten two whole skeins of Fisherman's wool, natural color, for $1.50, even though the Hobby Lobby price sticker was on each for $9.99!! =] 

I'm working on my second-to-last row of Hibiscus/Snowflake squares!!  The end is in site!

Great squares/motifs BennuBird...very nice colors.  =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Treat Dry, Frizzy Hair
How to Do Glamorous Everyday Hairstyles
How to Do an Elegant Hairstyle
How to Do a French Twist Hairstyle
How to Do Medieval Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...