A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ghostbusters Party  (Read 2430 times)
Tags for this thread: ghostbusters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlueCherryFaerie
« on: May 18, 2011 08:12:22 AM »

I didn't get alot of pictures of my son's party stuff.

For gift bags, I chose plain lime green bags and printed pictures of the Ghostbuster's sign from the computer.  I cut them out and glued them on the gift bags.  I bought green candies from Party City and some other misc. stuff to put in the bags.  I couldn't find any Ghostbusters party supplies.

The Birthday Boy wore a purple shirt with the Ghostbuster's logo on it that I had picked up from Target.  I drapped the food table with black corduroy fabric then layered some black and white ghost fabric over that.  I made a few ghosts to put on the table from dollar store wedding bells draped in 2 layers of cheese cloth.  I thought my husband had taken pictures of all of this (we usually do) but I found out that he only took pictures of the cake.  We also made lime sherbert punch and labeled it Slimer slime punch.  We bought plain green and plain black napkins, plastic ware, cups and plates for the party. 

Here is the cake my husband made:

10 Candles on the cake and the birthday boy:

We don't generally do alot of organized activities at our parties. I prefer to let the kiddos play however they want.  But this year I bought little bags of legos (all the same) for about $3-$4 each.  Anyway, it was really loud and crazy until we had the contest to see who could put together the set fastest, then there was absolute silence.  I bought a Harry Potter IQ game for $2. to give as a prize (Like I said, I couldn't find anything Ghostbusters).  I thought I'd share that as a good game for boys birthday parties.  Its pretty inexpensive and the kids can take their legos home with them as a party favor when they are finished.  Its not messy and its amazing how quiet the party got when the boys were racing to see who would finish first.  My son won, but I told him he couldn't have the prize, LOL.  So it went to the next one to win.

The boys concentrating on their legos:

My son is still obsessed with ghostbusters but hopefully we can have a different themed party next year or maybe there will be more ghostbusters stuff available.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twelvedaysold

http://twelvedaysold.blogspot.com/

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011 10:32:03 AM »

When I first saw this, I really wasn't expecting it to be a cake!  Your husband did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueCherryFaerie
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011 04:17:58 PM »

Thanks!  He does cakes as a hobby.  He makes them for our sons and his co-workers for fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sphynxz
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011 09:53:59 AM »

That cake is so fun! He did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xtal
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011 02:44:17 PM »

love that cake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaryJane024
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011 06:34:45 PM »

When I first saw this, I really wasn't expecting it to be a cake!  Your husband did a great job.

He's a keeper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amanda_Knauff
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012 07:21:52 PM »

So cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Classic Sugar Cookies With Royal Icing
5-Minute Fudge Wreath
Heather Bertinelli’s Peanut Brittle
Heather Bertinelli’s Dark Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Peach Cobbler in a Dutch Oven
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...