A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: March 2011 Birthday Swap Discussion & Gallery  (Read 18570 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2JC4life
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011 10:21:09 AM »

Probably not doing anything major here.  We'll likely go to my parents' for dinner.  (My husband doesn't really "do" birthdays, but my family always has, so it's easier/more natural to just go to Mom and Dad's.)  And my sister is getting married the weekend after my birthday; I'm in the wedding, so I'll get to get all dressed up in a ballgown Smiley  (Ihave seriously probably never been so dressed up except for my own wedding.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011 10:24:35 AM »

i made my first claim also.  I need to pace myself too; I tend to get over excited and then panic at deadline date LOL.
All of you "kids" still in your 20's  Grin Grin Grin Grin, enjoy your birthday celebrations.  Hubby is taking me to Mobile, AL (the gulf of mexico) on the 18th.  There's a boat show (we love boating and own 2 boats right now) and also, the Fairhope, AL art show is that weekend. 
I am off work today (sick, bleh).  would love to craft but just feel like sitting/laying and reading.  Achy all over......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
EkkaGrrl
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011 10:53:26 AM »

Happy Birthday March babies!!! I will be celebrating my 30th this month or as I like to call it the 9th anniversary to my 21st! 

*high five* on being 21 forever! Cheesy Cheesy I am also turning 21 this year.. again.. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
http://wists.com/EkkaGrrl
EkkaGrrl

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011 10:59:17 AM »

Ekka, what's a sac hat?

Sorry! I'm just catching up on this thread now. A sac hat is a rectangular hat with pom poms on the top corners. It think it's mostly used as a photo prop on new babies but it is amazingly cute on my baby! Cheesy Someone here made me one for her before she was born but now it's too small so I wanted one a little bigger.

Here she is in her sac hat shortly after she was born.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011 11:01:54 AM »

ha ha If I celebrated like I was 21 again I would probably keel over... Sad  I will just live vicariously through you "kids", thankyouverymuch! Cheesy

Robinpich--how fun! We used to live in Daphne, across the river from Mobile!  I was wondering how the beaches were after the BP spill and all...glad to see that people can go back to the beaches as they were gorgeous down there!  If you go to Gulf Shores, you must go to the mullet toss! ha ha

I am waiting to hear back from someone to see if I can make what she wants...I figured I could do a couple of projects since this is the only official swap I like (I flaked on myself in the fake swap--ha ha)...

oooooohhh---baby in pompom hat!!! cuttttttttteeeeeeee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
EkkaGrrl

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011 11:07:55 AM »

Oh man! Tutus! I wish I could pull off wearing one but my butt is so big it would take a mountain oof tulle to cover.  Cheesy Cheesy

I made my first claim and since this is my first swap of this kind I'm going to do the one first before I claim anymore. I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right. lol Am I supposed to send my address to the person who claims me? Or does the organizer?

As for birthday stuff, my birthday is on Sunday and my lovely hubby is making me a cake. He said he may even try to make it from scratch.. I'm a little scared..lol He's not the baking kind, really. We're also ordering Chinese in and spending the time all together. The kids will really like that. Smiley My son's birthday is March 14th so we'll be doing something for that too. Smiley I can't believe he'll be 11 already. *sniff sniff* I swear to you all that he was a baby yesterday.. YESTERDAY!! 

We actually have a few March birthdays around here. My sister's boyfriend, my aunt, my son, my brother.. so many awesome March babies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011 11:14:43 AM »

all of these ideas sound wonderful...I like just spending time with hubby or even by myself...a nice relaxed day...I went on Facebook (which I rarely do!), and have friends that want to have lunch together, so that will be a fun thing to do later this month! (I tell you, we should milk the whole month!)..

We are a family of March birthdays, also! We had my MIL, my dad, my mom, my brother, my niece's hubby, my great nephew, and, of course, ME!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011 11:20:42 AM »

Must be something about March, my mom had all three of her kids in March....Actually must be something about June LOL LOL

Ekka, when someone claims you they should PM you and the organizer letting you know they claimed you and asking for your address or vice versa if you claim someone you should PM them and the organizer advising them of the claim and request an address. 
That hat is so freaking cute!!!!  I just made my first ever crochet baby hat last week Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011 11:26:23 AM »

So many March babies!  I'm so glad I decided to join this swap -- my birthday is going to be awesome this year.  I'm not only going to be home for my birthday for the first time since I turned 18, but I'm also going to be with my little brother on Saturday for his (he came the day before I turned twelve, what a bday gift).  AND p.kok claimed me for something I've been wanting forever, so that'll be my first international package.  

I've noticed March babies tend to come in packs...in my family, it's me and my little brother, plus at least two of our cousins (that I can remember).  The more the merrier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011 11:34:57 AM »

Hmm, my gigantic family is mostly September babies... I think about half of the 18 grandchildren (on one side) were born in September or early October! My Grandma and I are the only March babies in our family....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2014 Fashion Week Beauty: The Natural Look Returns
Mila Kunis Makeup Tutorial
How to Open a Stuck Bottle of Nail Polish
Dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman on Changing Your Beauty Routine
Cure Your Hangover-Ravaged Skin With a Beer Facial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...