A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seeking some blog advice! :)  (Read 467 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 01, 2011 11:18:18 AM »

Hey hey!

So I'm in the process of re-opening my etsy shop and have been updating my blog on my progress. I'm also setting up a new sewing studio and stuff too!

I used to get awesome traffic on my blog and I'd love to get that back. I know it will help once I'm actually up and sewing again but I was hoping to get a few opinions.

My blog link is in my sig.. but I'm curious to know what you guys think of my blog? Is it too personal, or do you like to have a bit of personal stuff mixed in with craftiness? I'm also planning on doing a mailing list through my blog that incorporates updates and sales in my etsy shop. What do you guys think of mailing lists?

Any comments are much appreciated! Craftsters have always been so helpful to me!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
Boswellbramleyandco
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011 08:55:20 AM »

Hi!

I've had a look at your blog and I think it's great. That's exactly the kind of thing I like to read about when I'm finding out about an artist. I'm actually the post just below yours on this forum and needing to get some blog advice too. If you have a read you'll see I'm in a very similar position to you. Although we haven't just moved house I am just setting up my studio and I'm hoping to open my Etsy shop properly in the next week or so. I like to see photos on blogs, that's great and I really like you're tone, it's very friendly and accessible.

If you'd like to have a look at my blog, and maybe even comment I'd be over the moon! Www.boswellbramleya ndco.wordpress.com . Starting out a fresh, we need all the support we can get!

I look forward to your next blog!

Tabitha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011 06:43:41 AM »

Thank you Tabitha for the kind words! I needed a little encouragement regarding my blog, and you've done that for me. Smiley

I  officially re-opened my etsy shop last night and sold my first item in the first 5 minutes. Such a positive start definitely made my day.

I will be checking out your blog as well. Good luck on setting up your studio!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
Boswellbramleyandco
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011 11:20:28 AM »

Congratulations! That is awesome news!

I have, of course, added you as a favourite shop on Etsy. If you're interested, I'll let you know when I'm open for business.

Tab
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Copperplate Calligraphy
How to Create Calligraphy Art
How to Choose Calligraphy Styles
How to Do Old Calligraphy
How to Write Calligraphy
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...