A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jacksonville Church of Craft has begun! Meet fellow crafters & CRAFT ON!  (Read 1146 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

actionafternoon

buy homemade, live DIY, and stay awesome!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2011 10:15:05 PM »

Hello!

I have started a Jacksonville chapter of the Church of Craft- we will be website official after our first meeting! I've already spoken with Callie, one of the founders of the Church of Craft.

If you aren't sure what the Church of Craft is, check out www.churchofcraft.org. It's awesome, and you'll love it. I promise!

Pretty much- we will be meeting one Wednesday night & one Sunday morning a month. Everyone brings a craft that they want to work on, some craft materials, and we all sit around sipping coffee, tea, beer, whatever!- and just craft.

We will have craft supply swaps, lots of fun, and much room to grow. A lot of local businesses have already expressed a lot of interest and offered support. This is going to be huge for Jacksonville!

Our website is jaxcraft.wordpress.com - our Facebook, Twitter & email are listed there. Direct any questions to jaxchurchofcraft@gmail.com Smiley I'm happy to answer any and all questions!

Wednesday night meetings will be every third Wednesday at Chamblin's Uptown, from 5-9. They have a kick-arse cafe with all kinds of goodies, and they are PUMPED about us meeting there! Be on the lookout- we distribute posters around tomorrow.
See if you can spot some! A digital copy is posted on Facebook, if you'd like to spread it a bit yourself.

Here's our mission statement-
we believe that anything handmade or homemade is special and amazing. as the Church of Craft website states- "the Church of Craft promotes any and all acts of creation to live life best". we believe in sharing, creating, reusing, and partaking in fellowship with like-minded crafters. above all else, and in the name of DIY goodness, we believe in being awesome and having fun.

Tell your friends, grab a craft, and I'll see you then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Caitie

stay awesome!
theevidenceisme
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011 06:43:10 AM »

Hello,

Good to see some local action on this site. Too bad your meetings are on Wednesdays though. I already have a previous engagement on those nights. Maybe I could make it to a Sunday meet up. I'm very excited about getting involved in some swaps and being able to bounce craft ideas off of other people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimiw
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011 12:39:18 PM »

Ooooh - I'll have to check this out!  We are moving to Jacksonville soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theevidenceisme
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011 01:13:26 PM »

Just to let everyone know this group is still active and easily found on facebook. We meet on the first Sundays and third Wednesdays of the months. Come on out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DECOR8Rgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012 11:13:01 AM »

I would love to come, but would need a ride from 295/Blanding. Think there's anyone that could be my ride?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make HD-Quality Videos with Camtasia Studio
How to Create Moving Text GIFs
How to Use Prolines Vol 2 Sports Poster
How to Add Smaller Images to a Larger One
How to Use a Mask and Brush Tool in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...