A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Supernatural and War Eagle stamped necklaces  (Read 4625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« on: February 28, 2011 12:52:15 PM »

Two necklaces inspired by Supernatural. If you've never seen it well it's a show about two brothers(very hot brothers) Dean and Sam, fighting supernatural things (ghosts, demons, vampires, etc). Dean and Sam often come up against ghosts and evil spirits and the way to get rid of them is so salt and burn the beings remains.

I recently graduated from Auburn University, and wanted something to commemorate it. But I didn't like the school rings and a pendent I found I liked was out of my price range so I decided to make my own.

Thanks for looking! They're my first stamped pieces other then just practicing on some washers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011 04:19:29 PM »

I don't watch Supernatural, but I read enough Urban Fantasy to know those necklaces would come in handy in so many situations. I believe I'll need to make myself one!

Could you provide some more information on how you do the stamping/darkening? I've wanted to learn how to do it, but never quite find the right tutorial. What materials do you use? Would you mind sharing where you got your tools and the estimated price?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juliana13

smile! it makes people wonder what you're up to

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011 04:31:30 PM »

very cool!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you made it, I'll love it!
I'll swap ya for it Smiley
check out my wists www.wists.com/Juliana13
I'm on Pinterest too! use it more than wists.
tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011 05:41:20 PM »

I love Supernatural!! And I love your necklace!! Soo cute! I would say that I love the other one but sadly I cannot....ROLL TIDE! hahaha!!!   Tongue   jk!! They are both really cool and you did a great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011 12:11:57 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

lvl0rg4n this has to be one of the easiest and funnest techniques I've done, it's rather relaxing whacking things with a hammer. I can't find the tute I read (it was about making a washer necklace for fathers day) but it's so easy you really don't need one.

I bought my stamps online from harbor freight tools, they were the cheapest I found,they were on sale for $5. The stamps are just a basic alphabet and there are much fancier ones out there but I didn't want to spend a lot on tools initially. The metal discs are just from a pack I got from Hobby Lobby for a few bucks, you can really use just about anything though I bought some washers and pounded away at those too. I tried both a regular and a heavy duty hammer, the only difference is with the regular hammer you have to wack it a few more times. I used a sharpie marker to darken the stamped area. The hammer and marker I had on hand so I'm not sure how much they are.

How to wise gather your supplies (stamps, hammer, sharpie, metal discs) and go to a concrete area. This is crucial ingredient, I tried it on my desk at first and the some of the stamps didn't come out clearly. Select your stamps, place it on your disc and give it a few wacks with the hammer I think I did 3 or 4 with the regular hammer but if you have a  heavy hammer you can do less. Grab your sharpie and color in your stamped area, wipe off excess ink with a rag and repeat it until it's dark enough. If your discs got a little warped while stamping just turn them over and give them a good wack with the hammer to straighten them out. And you're done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imera
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011 03:24:17 PM »

These are amazing Cheesy I love the supernatural one, haven't really watched the series because I don't know when it's on and because I have WAY to many other things I have to do, but once I'll pull a Supernatural marathon Cheesy
And what a great idea to make your own school pendant.

Just curious, if I should try this kind of stamping, what materials and tools do I need?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011 05:01:22 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

lvl0rg4n this has to be one of the easiest and funnest techniques I've done, it's rather relaxing whacking things with a hammer. I can't find the tute I read (it was about making a washer necklace for fathers day) but it's so easy you really don't need one.

I bought my stamps online from harbor freight tools, they were the cheapest I found,they were on sale for $5. The stamps are just a basic alphabet and there are much fancier ones out there but I didn't want to spend a lot on tools initially. The metal discs are just from a pack I got from Hobby Lobby for a few bucks, you can really use just about anything though I bought some washers and pounded away at those too. I tried both a regular and a heavy duty hammer, the only difference is with the regular hammer you have to wack it a few more times. I used a sharpie marker to darken the stamped area. The hammer and marker I had on hand so I'm not sure how much they are.

How to wise gather your supplies (stamps, hammer, sharpie, metal discs) and go to a concrete area. This is crucial ingredient, I tried it on my desk at first and the some of the stamps didn't come out clearly. Select your stamps, place it on your disc and give it a few wacks with the hammer I think I did 3 or 4 with the regular hammer but if you have a  heavy hammer you can do less. Grab your sharpie and color in your stamped area, wipe off excess ink with a rag and repeat it until it's dark enough. If your discs got a little warped while stamping just turn them over and give them a good wack with the hammer to straighten them out. And you're done!

This was so much more than I anticipated. THANK YOU! I will start stalking Harbor Freight with a 20% off coupon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imera
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011 12:29:35 AM »

By the time I finally submitted my reply you have already answered Tongue guess the window was open longer than I thought Tongue Really wish I lived in USA sometimes, because you have all these great stores, and COUPONS!
still, love your stamped work
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011 12:29:58 AM by imera » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011 02:47:20 PM »

Thanks imera! Definitely check out Supernatural you'll love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apricot_Tarts
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011 09:10:01 AM »

The Supernatural one looks so cool, I bet it'll be a conversation starter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bullfighters: The Sartorialist For AOL On
Best Tips For Taking a Great Photo
3 Tips to Taking Amazing Photos From Celebrity Photographer
Abandoned America: Photographer Snaps Derelict Spots Across The Country
Photographer Bryant Austin Reveals His Whale Photography Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...