A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla R4, Diptych Round - Gallery (SendOut 3/21/11)  (Read 47823 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: March 30, 2011 09:57:18 PM »

All of the recent additions are INCREDIBLE!!!!

The Darth hoop snapshots are great and I LOVE the glasses!!! It's been a while since I've worn my contacts so I'm all about glasses-pride these days Smiley.

The winter and woodland scenes are also fantastic. So many fun details to admire!!

Oh and the vintage skeleton portrait hoops are AWESOME!! Such a great idea and incredible execution. They look great together.

And of course I'm in love with OGDs creation. I've been demanding that she send me pics throughout the process and I've admired it every step of the way. The final product turned out incredible!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #431 on: March 30, 2011 10:32:41 PM »

I am so glad those steampunk angler fish made it in one piece  Cheesy phew

Everyones hoops are so amazing, Im stunned by people doing satin stitch, wow, Id rather do french knots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
erica_tattoos
« Reply #432 on: March 30, 2011 10:46:11 PM »

before we got partners i was thinking to myself how could i make a set of hoops to put together in some way that was totally amazing and un-expected... then as it turned out something a lil more straightforward was more appropriate to the theme i ended up choosing - but even while randomly fantasizing about ways to put hoops together it never occurred to me to do a hoop-within-a-hoop! that is so awesome and i'm not even a who fan!! plus i totally dig the starry-night-esque background. awesome, awesome, awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: March 31, 2011 02:40:40 AM »

jemimah, so glad that you like your hoops...... the hoop within a hoop idea came to me right after signups started, before we even had partners..... I had this weird thought/vision about it one night around 3am, got up and had to try it!... I knew I had to do it, it was one of those weird/fun things that I had never seen before.  your love of van Gough hit me first, but wanted to do something more individualized, after goggling, you tubing, and asking a lot of questions to fellow craftsters regarding Doctor Who... I knew they would go together pretty well.......had to go with the 12" hoop to fit the other hoop in it.....the hoops can be hung together or side by side.....

I did take pictures along the way of the "putting together" stage..... if anyone is interested, I would be happy to share.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #434 on: March 31, 2011 03:37:06 AM »

Hi all, I just got back from holiday and thought I'd pop in to see what hoops had been received and WOW! So many great hoops. My hoops have arrived, but I got back home after the post office closed, so have to wait until tomorrow morning to see what kwiltykate created for me.

I also have an admission to make (especially since a couple of other people went a little beyond the requirements). I made 3 hoops for kwiltykate.

She has 2 children and is expecting her 3rd, so it seemed wrong not to send a little something for the imminent arrival too. She didn't post the third hoop as she was worried about getting me into trouble with Limeriot - I'm hoping she will go easy on me  Wink

OGD - every time I see you signed up for a swap, I can't wait to see what amazing item you create and every time you astound me with your creativeness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #435 on: March 31, 2011 04:03:14 AM »

OneGroovyDay, I'm not part of the swap, but I would LOVE to see how you did the Dr. Who hoop construction!

The lovely tree trunks caught my eye (I have a formidable collection of photos of that sort of tree, where the knots make a million EYES watching you! Wink ), but as I as scrolling through the next few entries in the gallery, the Dr. Who Starry-Night caught my eye...and they interest of my 15yo SON, who wandered behind me to get the milk for his cereal.

"Aw, mannnnn. That is sooooo cool!" says he.

He loves Dr. Who. Pause.

"Hey, that's like 'Starry Night!'" (Well, blow me down. He HAS been paying attention!  Grin)

Then I see the wonderful little Dutch Girl/Boy so similar to the quilt my granny made me a long, long time ago...

Aaaannd, now, instead of working on my contribution to the 50 in 2011 CAL, I'll be spending at least part of my day looking back to see what hoops I've been missing!

Awesome gallery/swap!!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011 04:05:14 AM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: March 31, 2011 04:11:34 AM »

OGD - every time I see you signed up for a swap, I can't wait to see what amazing item you create and every time you astound me with your creativeness.

aww thanks nilmerg.... that is so kind, and a GREAT compliment Grin

OneGroovyDay, I'm not part of the swap, but I would LOVE to see how you did the Dr. Who hoop construction!

The lovely tree trunks caught my eye (I have a formidable collection of photos of that sort of tree, where the knots make a million EYES watching you! Wink ), but as I as scrolling through the next few entries in the gallery, the Dr. Who Starry-Night caught my eye...and they interest of my 15yo SON, who wandered behind me to get the milk for his cereal.

"Aw, mannnnn. That is sooooo cool!" says he.

He loves Dr. Who. Pause.

"Hey, that's like 'Starry Night!'" (Well, blow me down. He HAS been paying attention!  Grin)

so happy he liked it..... I will do a post of how I did the hoop within a hoop after i get home from work this evening and let you know when it is done.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

« Reply #437 on: March 31, 2011 04:59:35 AM »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What else can be said of this gallery.  It is TOTALLY Amazing!!!!!
The little "hidey hole" is AWESOME.  I would love to see more pics of this one up close of all the little tiny details.  I just love those 2.

and OGD - you never cease to AMAZE us all.  You must have the most creative brain on earth, LOL!!!! or you just NEVER Sleep!  Grin Grin Grin
I too would love to see how this went together.  oh, I don't even know who Dr. Who is  Tongue (I know, guess I'm in the dark ages) but that is pretty dang cool!  I do know the "starry night" painting though, LOL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: March 31, 2011 05:06:56 AM »

I can't think of any more words to say how fantastic everyone's projects turned out!  This has been one of the best swaps I've ever been a part of! 

OGD Please post how you did the hoop within a hoop that was amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #439 on: March 31, 2011 06:57:01 AM »

OGD - I must comment on Dr. himself..... he is stitched so perfectly, I have tried to do facial features and it is no easy task, he looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairdressing Essentials Scissors
Hairdressing Essentials Kit Bag Extras
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Straighteners
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Clips
Haidressing Essentials Brushes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...