A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'The Office' Swap-Round 5! (signups 02/26/11-03/05/11 sendouts 04/09/11)  (Read 4923 times)
Tags for this thread: office  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011 07:14:15 PM »

I am soooooo happy!  I didn't think I was going to even be able to get started until we bought ink for the printer, but I wanted to get started on SOMETHING for this swap, and I did!  I have four items drying on the table right now.  I also have two things that I need to go to Staples  Cheesy for tomorrow, and then that will be done too.  I also have few extras that are perfect for this swap!  Ummm...partner, I hope you don't mind getting spoiled!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
stacysews
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011 08:01:04 PM »

I hope you don't mind getting spoiled!

Squeee!  I definitely don't mind!

I went ahead and got started this morning on the large - it's one of those projects that will take awhile to make so I wanted to get a jump on it while I had the chance.  I'm taking my 2 year old to toddler time at one of those inflatable jump house stores so maybe I'll be able to wear him out enough that he'll nap.... and I can craft!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tennisgal86
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011 11:13:22 AM »

I have been super excited about this swap!  I get to repay roseyposie for my super awesome schrute buck from the bookmark swap!  Just getting a chance to fill out part two of the questionaire..... deffinately beats working this afternoon.

1)  Do you cook?  If so, do you use recipies?   Do you own a George Forman grill?  Do you use it?   I love cooking but don't have nearly enough time to do it, yes I just got a george forman for christmas from my mom!  I have yet to attempt bacon.. or my foot on it, though we do spread country crock on everything in our house  Smiley

2)  Do you like to snack?  If so, what are your favorite types/kinds of snack foods?  Herr's Chips! though not salt and vinigar.. yuck I also enjoy getting items off dwights desk from the vending machine.. I would love a nice new pencil cup!

3)  Do you work in an office?  yes, and my co worker and I actually mapped out who everyone in our office is relating to the show's characters..... and I sit next to dwight!! all day... he actually checks the roof of our office for snippers on mornings when he opens (we work in a credit union.)

4)  Do you have any children?  Especially an infant or young toddler?  nope, jsut four kitties who are almost as needy and spoiled as kids.  I do however have a stockpile of baby clothes stashed in a storage bin for "someday"

5)  Do you work as an accountant, a receptionist, a salesman/saleswoman, manager, assistant to the regional manager   (hee-hee), human resources, customer services?  my official title is Sales & Service Consultant... it's a fancy name for being a loan officer but I guess it would qulaify me as a saleswoman

6)  Are you engaged?  Recently married?  I got married 9/13/09

7)  Do you have a garden?  Or a farm?  I tried to garden.. I have a sad plant in my office that I forget to water a lot (the "jim" in my office takes care of it for me) ... also I occasionally sprout mung beans on a damp paper towel in my desk.. smells like death, but very nutricious

Cool  Do you like to dance? only when i happen to wander by cafe disco  Grin

9)  Do you drink coffee/tea? I'm too picky with my coffee (must be dunkin donuts) but I do love lemon tea

10)  Do you go out to eat?  If so, where/what is your favorite type of food?  I wish I could say chili's since shili's is the new golf course... but I'm normally more into chinese food 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stacysews
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011 04:40:51 PM »

3)  Do you work in an office?  yes, and my co worker and I actually mapped out who everyone in our office is relating to the show's characters..... and I sit next to dwight!! all day... he actually checks the roof of our office for snippers on mornings when he opens (we work in a credit union.)

I LOVE it!  I used to work for a "Michael" and shared an office space with an "Angela" - except instead of cats she had lots of dogs. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011 10:37:31 AM »

I had a fantastic idea for an item for my partner.... but before I work on it, I'd need to ask a question that would probably give it away as to what I would make so I'm contemplating how I could modify it to keep the same idea, but use it in a different way.   Huh

Otherwise, I'm just chugging along on the large.  I hope to have it finished over the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosyposie
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011 08:37:58 PM »

Have been diligently working on my large. Figured I should finally fill out survey part two:

1)  Do you cook?  If so, do you use recipies?   Do you own a George Forman grill?  Do you use it?  I mostly bake, I do use recipes (I am trying to get into bread baking but my schedule has been so hectic lately I havent had the time for all the rising)  I unfortunately do not have a George Forman grill (although maybe it is for the best in terms of foot safety)

2)  Do you like to snack?  I love to snack, any sorts of sweet and salty combos, as well as dried fruits...M & Ms are good although I like the peanut ones so that means less will fit in my mouth for office olympics

3)  Do you work in an office?  Yeah, in the summer...but it is super small (only three employees)

4)  Do you have any children?  Especially an infant or young toddler?  Nope, just a rather juvenile cat

5)  Do you work as an accountant, a receptionist, a salesman/saleswoman, manager, assistant to the regional manager   (hee-hee), human resources, customer services?  I work as a receptionist, accountant, manager and customer service person in my office (like I said, its pretty small)

6)  Are you engaged?  Recently married?  Nope, long term dater, I feel too young to be married.

7)  Do you have a garden?  Or a farm?  We have potted herbs in the kitchen and container gardens in the summer...I have always wanted a farm (my boyfriend's mother has her own rather large organic garden that I've always envied)

Cool  Do you like to dance?   I love to when no one is looking

9)  Do you drink coffee/tea? ...if it's iced.

10)  Do you go out to eat?  If so, where/what is your favorite type of food?  I too wish I could say chili's but the only thing I like there are the margaritas...I love mexican and thai food.

I hope that is helpful somehow...maybe we should play desert island...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stacysews
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011 07:11:31 AM »

Here's a question:  What sort of electronic devices do you own?  Have you ever convinced your secretary to swap her new computer for your old one?  Have you ever had to hide your eReader from your co-workers because you work at a paper company?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011 03:26:37 PM »

I must've missed the e-reader episode....and Andy was able to get Pam to get him a new computer b/c they "promoted" her to office manager b/c she stunk at being a salesman.  Roll Eyes

Hubby finally got ink for the computer and on Thursday night, while I was at a school function with my girls, I had him working the computer and printer to help me with something on my partner's "wish list" for this swap.  It worked, and I think it came out great!

I had to modify another idea I had, but that will come out fine too.

(Oh, and the last time I worked in an office was during college, and the office actually had me using a TYPEWRITER!  Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011 02:12:43 PM »

As Michael would say  Grin :  "Okay everybody, gather around, this will only take a minute...."

Seriously, please remember to post at least once a week in the thread so we know you are alive and crafting!  Thanks!

I just finished an item last night and purchased an item today.  I need to work on one more project that has many little pieces to it, and then I will be done! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011 07:48:17 PM »

I've got the large finished and have a brainstorm yesterday for a small.  I was hoping to start on it tonight, but it's too late to get started unless I plan to burn the midnight oil to work on it so I guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get More Body for Your Hair
How to Get Knots Out of Your Hair
How to Get Face Framing Curls for Your Hair
How to Do Burlesque Hair
How to Do J-Rock Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...