A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 306,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chloe  (Read 690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pachydermia
« on: May 30, 2005 09:10:42 PM »

Alright- let me just start out by saying that i absolutely adore Chloe and am not trying to take money from their company by copying!
that being said- with my budget, i probably couldn't even afford the needles for their sewing machines.
So- does anyone know of any chloe patterns/ knockoffs? this sounds terrible- but i can't help it.
i esp. love this dress:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod1320008&parentId=cat70001&masterId=cat30005&grandMasterId=cat000008&cmCat=

but of course any other comments, suggestions, angry mobs with pitchforks, are welcome too.

thanks!
p.s- i s give you my scout's honor that when i become rich i will totally and completely make up for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolores
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005 07:18:02 AM »

Long post, sorry.......

Totally get your Chloe obsession....I am a fellow sufferer! Phoebe Philo has really hit her stride, I'm coveting pretty much her entire collections for now & next season!

But to answer your post...FWIW, generally speaking, 'Designer" clothes are priced as they are, partly because they are of SLIGHTLY better fabric & construction, but partly to keep them exclusive & desirable. That desirability is what sells the vast amounts of affordable stuff...like bags, scarves & cosmetics.
So believe me when i say that Chloe (who i think is owned by LVMH, every other designer company seems to be!) could probably survive if NO-ONE bought their clothes..so long as we keep buying their perfumes, lipstick & sunglasses! Let's face it, Stella McCartney hardly sells loads of clothes (not surprising IMHO), but she shifts loads of perfume & veggie shoes...which is what makes the cash.

There is also the issue of sizing.....the main reason I got into designing & pattern drafting waaaay back in the day is because as a US 16/UK 18 it's almost impossible to find beautiful clothes, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE nice clothes!

So don't feel bad about not being able to afford the 'designer' stuff.....it's waaaay more fun to make your own!

Which brings me to the actual dress pattern.....well as it happens, I'm working (when I'm not lurking around on craftster!) on my new online business, which is-ta daaaa!-groovy dresmaking patterns. And I'm doing LOADS of Chloe-inspired pieces (inspired is just a less sleazy way of saying 'rip-off). Anyway, I'll be needing sewing testers SOON so why don't you pm me with your details, because even if I don't have 'your dress', I certainly have the skirt of it (just did the pattern this weekend, now for the grading, oh s**t), and I'm pretty sure I'll have similar tops patterns. If you do a sewing test for me(eg make the darn thing up!) you get a free pattern. In return I'll need your feedback but hey, we both get something of value!

In the meantime, have a look at www.style.com, they have the ENTIRE Chloe collections for Spring/Summer2005 and Fall/Winter 2005-6, you can do some virtual shopping...if you do get time to pm me, let me know what you like & don't like from the collections!

Sorry this is a long post, fashion & the workings of the fashion industry is a kinda obsession of mine, and frankly I could ramble on for DAYS but now I MUST grade a few patterns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures
Meatless Monday: Spicy White Bean Dip

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...