A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sewing Machine / Serger Q&A  (Read 120853 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goldy
« Reply #580 on: February 22, 2008 10:47:58 AM »

A friend of mine has just bought a Toyota 221 but It dosen't have a manual. Has anyone got one they would be willing to scan or know whare we could get one . thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veri
« Reply #581 on: February 22, 2008 05:45:21 PM »

In Europe she could go to the store where they sell those machines and ask them for the manual. They usually copy it for you even though you didn't buy the machine there. Good luck!

Any recommendation on the sewing machine for me? Please please please...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tekalinosky54
« Reply #582 on: February 24, 2008 11:37:18 AM »

ok so i just got a brand new machine(soo happy about it) and well i made a pair of pants, i was finishing them up (we are goign on a trip so i really need the info today or over the course of this week) the tension is mesed up, i looked in the manual, well it says the tension is too low, so i upped it. it described my situation perfectly ("Needle thread tension is too loose: the needle thread (the top thread) will form loops on the wrong side (bottom side) of the fabric.  tightent he needle thread tension by moving the dial to a higher number") so i changed the tension the same thign happened i changed it again nothign happened. WHAT DO I DO!? it is a janome magnolia 7318
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce
Don't be frontin' son no seeds on a bun
tekalinosky54
« Reply #583 on: February 24, 2008 11:47:45 AM »

HAHA! i figured it out! ok so alli had done as threaded it really bazzarely (is that a word) and it wasn't on the tension dial thing
so i don't think i had any tension NO WONDER!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce
Don't be frontin' son no seeds on a bun
goldy
« Reply #584 on: February 27, 2008 03:58:06 AM »

In Europe she could go to the store where they sell those machines and ask them for the manual. They usually copy it for you even though you didn't buy the machine there. Good luck!

Any recommendation on the sewing machine for me? Please please please...

unfortunatly this is an old machine and isn't for sale in the shops anymore. even the ditributer sdon't have any of the manuals.  Sad
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008 03:59:58 AM by goldy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
veri
« Reply #585 on: February 27, 2008 12:41:09 PM »

Sorry no idea than...

I am going to try Bernina's Aurora 430 (they didn't get the 440 yet) tomorrow - how do you like that one? Can anybody compare this to Elna 7200 or 7300? I like to quilt and make clothes although I am far from professional Grin. I haven't done any machine embroidery yet but I like the idea that I could upgrade that machine to do that too... Someday when I make that money Wink But what I am really looking for at the machine is sturdiness, reliability and nice stitching through 6 or 8 layers of denim (we all like jeans in our family Wink) Is it safer to go with Bernina? The price is about the same here but they do have some differences... Please tell me what you think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sibyll
« Reply #586 on: March 03, 2008 08:11:19 PM »

I need a new machine. Right now I have a Singer Featherweight II, and it's just not enough. It's a great beginner machine, but I want more.
I went to JoAnn and looked at the Husqvarna (husky) machines (and got a demo). I chose the Emerald 183. It's pretty much exactly what I want (everything short of embroidery), but it's so much more expensive than comparable machines by, say, Brother or Singer. However, there's nowhere I can go to see the Brother or Singer machines in person, and I'm nervous about purchasing a machine I haven't seen in person, especially since they don't list every single feature in an online description.
I'm the kind of person who has to examine every detail of every option for several months before making a decision.  Undecided
Does anyone have a Husky machine? And do you like it?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2008 12:56:00 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #587 on: March 04, 2008 07:24:53 AM »

Here's my opinion on machines, bear in mind this is aimed at a first machine.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=214760.0

I laud your willingness to take your time & shop Smiley How is your current machine not holding up to your needs? The Husky are very good machines but I happen to know the Emerald series is a "basic" or beginer level line from them. Do you need more speed? more power for thick seams? just more functionality? (if this is the case the Husky may very well be the right choice for you). Pinpointing what you want more/ better of in function will help you a lot.

Not to set yourself up for depression, but go to a place where you can test out those really high end machines that you know you can't afford. Go ahead, sample the Bernina that has a $5K pricetag, it won't cost you anything. Take some scrap fabric with you that's typical of what you sew with. It is a very educational experience, I promise Smiley It will help you set your minimum standard and future goals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sibyll
« Reply #588 on: March 06, 2008 06:25:13 PM »

go to a place where you can test out those really high end machines that you know you can't afford. Go ahead, sample the Bernina that has a $5K pricetag, it won't cost you anything.

I wouldn't even know where to GO. As far as I know, the only place around here that sells sewing machines is JoAnn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissKuchiki
« Reply #589 on: March 06, 2008 10:46:06 PM »

Hi all,
My old (25)white serger burnt out on me.....I am very sad:(.
I am looking at getting a new serger it's a 3 thread babylock 418 serger made by juki.  Is this a good serger?  I mainly sew clothing: fine to medium knits, reconstructed sweaters...
I have not been able to find any good reviews....Please Help Huh
Thanks in advance:).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Geneen Roth Discusses Her New Book Women, Food, and God
Actor George Wendt on the Creative Process Behind His New Book
Joe Wallace Talks About His Book Diamond Ruby
Naomi Wolf on Her Powerful New Book Give Me Liberty
Author Becca Fitzpatrick Reveals Herself
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...