A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter's Trunk and Books (5 Pics)  (Read 7127 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookcrazzzy
« on: February 24, 2011 07:11:32 PM »

I made 4 sets of these for Christmas gifts. It was fun but also a lot of work! I loaded the pictures to my gallery but I am new here and don't know how to get the pictures in this message.  I guess you can go to my gallery to see them for now.  Thanks!

Here is a description:

Trunk
11 wide 7 high 7 deep
Covered with brown leather with faux wood half-round trim, constructed to appear like Harry Potters trunk as shown in several of the movies.

The Monster Book of Monsters
7 tall 6 wide 2 spine 228 pages
BINDING: Hardback of Rabbit Skin with teeth and tentacles made of Polymer Clay
CONTENTS: Magizoology, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, Ministry of Magic Classification of Beasts, Hogwarts Care of Magical Creatures Class, Dictionary of Beasts

Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them
4 7/8 x 4 x 5/8 87 pages
BINDING: Hardback of Black Leather
CONTENTS: What is a Beast?, A Brief History of Muggle Awareness of Fantastic Beasts, Magical Beasts in Hiding, Why Magizoology Matters, Ministry of Magic Classifications, An A-Z of Fantastic Beasts

A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry
4 x 3 11/16 x 7/8 228 pages
BINDING: Hardback with covering of silver metallic material
CONTENTS: Many chapters on various aspects of wizarding life such as government, communication, transportation and food, and a dictionary of magical objects

Advanced Potion Making
4 3/8 x 3 5/8 x 91 pages
BINDING: Hardback with paper covering matching appearance of the book in the movie Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince
CONTENTS: Potions at Hogwarts, Encyclopedia of Potions

Magical Theory
4 3/8 x 3 7/16 x 108 pages
BINDING: Hardback of tan deerskin
CONTENTS: Descriptions of various types of magic such as Arithmancy, Legilimency, Occlumency, Transfiguration and Divination

A History of Magic
3 x 4 1/8 x 11/16 163 pages
BINDING: Hardback with paper covering with red and gold design
CONTENTS: History of the wizarding world including a timeline of magical history

The Standard Book of Spells
4 x 4 1/8 x 5/8 176 pages
BINDING: Soft cover of burgundy leather with designs in gold ink designed from the book Lucius Malfoy took from Ginny Weasleys cauldron in the bookstore near the beginning of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
CONTENTS: Spell Definitions, Spellbooks, Charms Classes At Hogwarts, Encyclopedia of Spells

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
3 7/8 x 3 3/16 x 99 pages
BINDING: Hardback of black leather with embossed and antiqued aluminum skull design on the cover
CONTENTS: Defence Against the Dark Arts Class at Hogwarts, The Dark Arts, Dark Magic spells, Dark Magic Objects, Dark creatures, Lord Voldemort, Death Eaters, Aurors, Dumbledore's Army, The Order of the Phoenix
The Tales of Beedle The Bard
4 1/16 x 3 x 5/8 105 pages
BINDING: Hardback of brown leather with insert of paper
CONTENTS: The Wizard and The Hopping Pot, The Fountain of Fair Fortune, The Warlocks Hairy Heart, Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump, The Tale of the Three Brothers

Quidditch Through The Ages
4 x 3 3/8 x 7/16 92 pages
BINDING: Binding of real leather parchment in medieval ledger binding with brown leather straps and toggle closure
CONTENTS: The Evolution of the Flying Broomstick, Ancient Broom Games, The Game from Queerditch Marsh, The Arrival of the Golden Snitch, Anti-Muggle Precautions, Changes in Quidditch since the Fourteenth Century, Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland, The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide, The Development of the Racing Broom, Quidditch Today

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
4 x 3 x 50 pages
BINDING: Soft green leather cover with button closure
CONTENTS: Herbology At Hogwarts, Introduction to Herbology, Five Steps to Proper Plant Care, Equipment, Compost, Medicinal Plants, Growing Wand Wood, Wand Woods and Their Properties, Books About Herbology, Dictionary of Plants

Charm Your Own Cheese
4 x 3 x 42 pages
BINDING: Soft pink leather cover with cover design in white ink and white leather tie closure
CONTENTS: Recipes (and in many cases multiple recipes) for Acid Pops, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, Butterbeer, Cauldron Cakes, Chocolate Frogs, Cockroach Clusters, Jelly Slugs, Licorice Wands, Peppermint Toads, Pumpkin Juice, Pumpkin Pasties, Rock Cakes, Spotted Dick, Ton Tongue Toffee, Toothflossing Stringmints, Treacle Fudge and Treacle Tart
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011 01:48:04 PM by bookcrazzzy - Reason: add pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chughes225
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011 05:58:38 AM »

So amazing.  What a wonder gift for Christmas.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011 04:59:52 PM by chughes225 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011 06:27:19 AM »

Just amazing - I am speechless!! I cannot imagine how long this must have taken you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011 06:35:09 AM »

This is amazing. Seriously if someone gave me this as a Christmas gift they would be my new favorite person ever. Fantastic job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MerryGlas
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011 06:59:59 AM »

Fantastic! I really shouldn't have looked though, I have no room for my own books let alone HP's...must resist! Well done  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011 03:48:53 PM »

That is awesome! What a beautiful set... I can't believe you did it four times! AwesomeSmiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feltonfan2
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011 05:02:08 PM »

Oh wow. I can't express my admiration for you and love for these books! These are so amazing and detailed and professional-looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Atheris
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011 09:49:59 AM »

Did you actually write the contents of all those books? I can't even imagine doing that for that many books!
The set is amazing and wonderful!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jo Biasi
www.camofish.com
camofishus.blogspot.com
Santa Rosa, CA
AnnaAnna
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011 01:49:02 PM »

My goodness!  Those are so great!
I'm wondering too if you wrote the contents yourself?  I love that you included charm your own cheeses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imera
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011 06:07:25 AM »

Did you print out the pages Shocked wonderful, love the covers, and titles Tongue and I love the trunnk and monsterbook Cheesy  I think I commetned on the last post Cheesy but I need to do it on this one as well Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Weight Loss Scrapbook
How to Make a Woven Vase Out of a Soda Bottle
How to Make a Tissue-Box Cover
How to Make a Towel Cake
How to Make a Toga
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...