A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,181
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday - 25th Feb  (Read 2932 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nikschaf
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011 09:14:37 AM »

Oh, so many lovely yarns already!  What a happy surprise to see so much yarn out there already!  Thank you, Stellou, for getting such an awesome Fiber Friday started.

Here's my offering for this week, my first attempt at spinning angora, and I loved it!  It's a 374 yard single.  It's called "Henrietta Bunnycat" because it's the same color and texture as Henrietta Pussycat from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, but it came from bunnies, of course.

In fact, here is a pic of the bunnies themselves, taken at the Shepherd's Harvest festival where I bought the fiber:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011 10:42:14 AM »

I just got finished spinning my latest spinning the seasons from Knit on Etsy. It's called Grand Canyon Frost, very interesting roving. I'm thinking about Navajo plying it today so maybe I'll post pics later. I have another to share, too, but I think I wanna finish Grand Canyon Frost first. You should all be shivering with anticipation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Oyhana
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011 04:58:35 PM »

Loving everyone's yarn!  I ordered a drop spindle from etsy and I'm losing my mind waiting for it to get here.  I can't wait to start spinning!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011 05:23:25 PM »

Beautiful yarn everyone! I especially love Mrs. Weasley. Kind of inspires me to finally spin up the sampler of all sorts of fibers I got in one of the fiber swaps last summer! Crazy fun.

Right now I'm spinning some orange/yellow/brown (with a hint of green!) to make a hat for my dad for his birthday. I have to give it to him by next Friday so I'm working diligently! I hope to have pictures next week. :] Glad to finally be getting back to spinning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love all things shiny, glittery, and colorful.

I hang out in: Fiber Arts, Needlework, and the Swap Board!

My Etsy: Illumine Artisan Works
casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011 05:31:51 PM »

Here are a few of my finished yarns for this month. The black and red is a merino and silk blend that feels very smooth. I got just under 600 yards of worsted weight. The blue is from a batt of all sorts of stuff. It's about sport weight - I forget the yardage on it. The pink is superwash merino. It's my first try at a three-ply and is very bulky and squishy. I only got about 200 yards but it will be a bold accessory of some sort.
I love Fiber Fridays. I get so distractd at looking that I forget to post!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011 01:36:23 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011 06:14:56 PM »

casmir, I adore that blue yarn!

nikschaf, Henrietta Bunnycat is beautiful. Looks like some very pettable yarn.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011 06:38:06 PM »

Some really great yarns this week. My favorites so far are Casmir's blue yarn, Zombie Queen's seafoam, and Antsy's romney. I want them all, please! Thank you!

Ha ha. Here are my contributions:
I took the dirty and noils from the fleece I've been combing and Navajo plied these short 44 yards. I could very easily have gotten more but as I was spinning little bits of dust and dirt were floating into my sinuses. I think I'm going to use them for stuffing from now on, as my husband suggested.

And now that Grand Canyon Frost I told you about! I love it! I spun it really thin (that seems to be all I can do for singles anymore) and got about 2 bobbins full. Then I Navajo plied it. I didn't know how it would come out, and was almost regretting it while plying because it seems since I learned how to Navajo it's all I want to do, but while I was winding it onto my Niddy Noddy  I decided I really like it. I got about 75 yards from 1 bobbin and 115 yards from the other.

I should also mention that today was so nice, I sat outside to ply it. First sunburn of the year!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011 06:39:24 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
The Angry Hippie
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011 09:45:59 PM »

Jexx- that gran canyon is really beautiful and your first yarn has inspired me to get myself some raw fiber, love that texture.

Casmir- Your sparkly blue yarn is stunning. 

Nikschaf- Oooooo angora yarn and BUNNIES! I can't remember what the puppet land from mr rogers was called but it gave me nightmares as a child. 

Zombie Queen- Your sampler yarn is amazing. I really like the one on the bobbin as well.

EvenTide-corespun-wools

Flounce-BFL- i don't like the color of this yarn, it's a test for a new method of dying that will hopefully stripe in a magical way.

Exhibition-Optim-navajo plied  This was my first time spinning optim it was very pleasant to spin and had a really luxurious feel.

Lavender Fields-superwash boringness

Thicket-silk/wool-navajo plied

Colorado-merino

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011 05:39:23 AM »

This is so delcious.  Look at you all with all this crazy yarn!! Eep!  so beautiful!  I'm so glad I'm almost done with swaps for a long time.  They take up way to much time.   (love getting the stuff, but miss my wheel and spindles something fierce!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011 09:06:53 AM »

Angry Hippie- I am drooling over all your gorgeous yarns!! I especially love Even Tide and Flounce.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Create Homemade Lip Stains In Your Kitchen
The Holiday-Ready Glitter Lip
Eye Makeup Tips for Asian Eyes
Beauty Test Lab: 7 Day Nails
How to Fix Smudged Nails
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...