A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Large Paper beads  (Read 9030 times)
Tags for this thread: paper_beads  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MainSarahJane
I am what I am, I be what I be.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2011 06:50:41 PM »

I have been inspired by many of the paper beads I have been seeing recently on craftster and while searching on google lately.  So I decided to mess about with some paper, glue, mod podge glossy and toothpicks, here are some I made, thought I would share them.
Here are some red and blue ones made from two large long pieces of contruction paper pieces taped together into one large long triangluar piece.

Sorry, this picture is blurry.
Here are some made from a piece of large brown construction paper joined on to a piece of white letter paper coloured with crayons.

If there are any quesitons, I will try to answer them.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
Tailte
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011 07:46:17 PM »

Lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://overaway.blogspot.com
It's about art, craft and other miscellaneous occurrences.

My cooking blog: http://meri-somethingsweet.blogspot.com
JustKat

I LUV 2 Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011 09:53:26 PM »

I absolutely love the red and blue ones. great job. I have never made any of these before because the examples I have seen in the past ( and I do mean past) are so child like but these are great. The world of paper beads have come a ways since first I saw them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SnarkyShark
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011 10:20:35 PM »

Very cute!

I would LOVE to know how you made these! I can always google it , but I like hearing it from the artist Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glasstapper
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011 01:04:53 AM »

Very cute!

I would LOVE to know how you made these! I can always google it , but I like hearing it from the artist Smiley

I second that. And, your beads are lovely. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imera
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011 07:22:23 AM »

Wow, wonderful colours! I especially love the colours and size of the first Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MainSarahJane
I am what I am, I be what I be.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011 03:27:00 PM »

Thanks everyone!  Smiley

-I basically just cut random sized long triangular pieces of paper from two pieces of construction paper/kids coloured kraft paper, it is fairly thick.  

-So the sheets of paper were (Edited 12 inches x 18 inches), I taped two of those together lengthwise.  Then just drew lines of random sized triangular pieces of paper, some were quite thin to even thinner at the pointed end.  Some were wider.

-I just did some experimenting....So then I just took a toothpick and started tightly wrapping the bigger end of the paper around and around...... then I would  put a dab of glue here and there until I got close to the end(to prevent losing the previous wrapping done, frustrating) I put glue on the last few inches for holding together and finishing.

-I then carefully pushed the bead to the end of the tooth pick and stuck it in something vertically to dry, then I did a few coats of modpodge later and let it dry in between coats.

I hope this explains somewhat.  I also plan to try and paint some maybe at some point see how it turns out and also to make some even bigger ones if possible, first I need to get myself a long straight piece of wood or a meter stick for drawing long long lines.  

Thanks again everyone!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011 08:12:23 AM by MainSarahJane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
SnarkyShark
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011 08:09:40 PM »

Thank you for the explanation! I did look up online how to do this, and I was worried Walmart wouldn't have any type of glazing material. Pretty sure I'll be able to find some Mod podge! Cheesy

Can't wait to try this out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glasstapper
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011 10:16:17 PM »

Yeah, now I need to get me some modge podge, too! I wonder if these are waterproof? Because if so I could embellish some clothing, hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pug2010
I love crafting .camping, making thjngs from recycling, baking

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011 05:03:36 AM »

I think you can mod podge at any craft store . The beads are very creative i myself i'm going to try them. thank you for sharing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelby Lynn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lighter Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
How to Keep Pumpkin Pie from Cracking
How to Make Pecan Pie Bites With Gravy
How to Make Bourbon Whipped Cream
How to Roll the Perfect Thanksgiving Pie Crust in Seconds!
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...