A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Crochet Dread Extensions  (Read 41914 times)
Tags for this thread: dreadlocks , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sabrinalouisemiller

ATCs are an Obsession.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011 06:24:02 AM »

I love these! You made them in such gorgeous colours too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011 10:52:15 AM »

completely creepy/awesome Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aisy
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011 06:26:17 PM »

i also really want a tutorial!!!those look stunning!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilgothkatt
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011 01:52:50 AM »

NEAT! I had thought about making dreads with I-cord but I didn't want to put in all that work without a good idea of what it would look like. So thanks! I may do this now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011 03:59:06 AM »

Amazing! Esp the colors on your sister! How do you attach them? And how are they taken out again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plantcat
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011 04:50:01 AM »

Gorgeous!!! That is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brackish Potato
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011 09:12:40 AM »

I love these dreads! Especially the updo in the first picture! The colors make me smile!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
babukatorium
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011 04:59:09 PM »

A lot of grateful kisses to:
BitsofBruce
nightlady70
NikkiZBM
sabrinalouisemiller
Mandyhello
aisy
plantcat
Brackish Potato
for Your kind comments! You all make me feel like a real ARTIST!   Grin

SilverMoon: Oh yes they'd do! Wonderful basic colour You have! Anyway rainbows has the "superpower" to look great with every other colours!  Wink

SailorMaat: My sister has an ordinary job and they let her wear crochet dreads... You should see the other girls at her work! They dye their hair in different colours of red or blonde because stylists say that it's " la mode"! Isn't it better don't ruin our hair and change colour every time we want?! Let's make some revolution!  Cheesy

LimeRiot: It's a pleasure every time I meet kind people who give me a smile for my rainbow hair and feel that I'm able to bring a moment of happyness in their life... Not everyone is that positive. Unfortunately. Sometimes it happened that bodyguard of the disco didn't let me enter... He said that I'm not COOL!  Grin Anyway who still have a childish (genuine) soul... They love it! Thank You so much for Your comment!  Kiss

kriminie: I'm not surprised You didn't find anything about crocheted dread extensions... As I know it was me to invent them!  Cheesy Before I ideated them I looked around for some help because I didn't know what to do/how to make them... And I found NOTHING! You can take a look at my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/babukatorium/sets/72157624218892791/   or   http://www.flickr.com/photos/babukatorium/4981261458/in/set-72157624218892791/). They are long crocheted cords braided into hair. I hope it helps!  Wink

LoveNTheOcean: You'll never know if You won't try!  Grin You could choose a matching colour with Your hair and make them when You are at home alone... Or add only a few, not each dread. In this way You did something new (and this option allowes You to try new dread updos too!) and maybe the next time You will attempt more!  Wink BE AWARE! It's a drug! Once You start to dress up Your hair You'll always want more and more! I'm joking! (NO. I'M NOT.)  Grin Grin Grin

Dannie-K118: A few of them are enough for change an ordinary look! Good luck!

lilgothkatt: Can't wait to see Yours!  Wink

Ruby Copperhead: Simply braided into real hair. My sister's braids are covered with the yarn of the crocheted dreads. And for take them out... It's not a problem! They are only braids!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinjah
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011 07:23:08 AM »

Oh, wow, these are just so freaking cool! I love the funky colors, and those up-dos are so damn impressive! That second picture is just spectacular, I love all the beads woven in, and the colorful threads wrapped around the ends!

My sister and I used to make the kind of yarn dreads that you just wrap the yarn around your hair, but crocheted ones look so much more fancy and awesome! I'm sort of in love with this idea, especially because I've been thinking about doing something new and exciting with my hair!

Do you start these by tying a knot at the root of your hair?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap? Yes please! Looking for jersey scraps.
Will craft for yarn.

The crafting blog
The pinterest
The wists
babukatorium
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011 08:19:18 AM »

No knots... Just start braiding crocheted dreads into Your hair!  Wink If You think they aren't secure enough You could braid Your own hair and than braid crochet dreads with Your braided hair! I think I used too many times the word "braid" in this post...  Grin Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pro Surfer Quincy Davis on the Best Sunscreen and Her Beauty Secrets
5 Most Unforgivable Style Mistakes
Dethroned Miss Delaware Files Lawsuit Against Pageant
The Perfect 5 Minute Brows
How to Fake a Full Eyebrow
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...