A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: is it just me or has the loading of craftster pages gone really slow lately  (Read 3111 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011 03:37:59 PM »

yep, me too.  I think it was doing that for everyone today, though, given what I saw on Twitter and the decrease in new projects that I noticed on Crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011 03:39:19 PM »

Yes, sorry about that!  We're experiencing some tech difficulties on our end today. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011 05:00:00 PM »

I have been unable to load the site ALL DAY today...only tried it off and on while I could at my work PC, other than our own network bottlenecks, I haven't seen any severe issues until the last couple days.

Yesterday, random database errors...today, COMPLETE lockup and loading and then finally timing out.  Still happening at circa 7:30pm EST on my home laptop via IE7, all other websites loading fine so I know it's not my network.

I'm having a fit!  I haven't been able to keep up with my threads all day, can mod my boards, can't even respond to a PM...  It's let me thru thus far to get to this board and respond to this thread.  We'll see how it goes th rest of the evening!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011 05:59:09 PM »

Sorry, we're experiencing some site issues this week.  We're working through them as best as possible, though! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mike Jordan
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011 09:41:49 PM »

I just saw this month and half old thread. I have a thread going on now where I've commented that it's been slow the last couple of months and has recently gotten worse... at least for me.  I was told in my thread that others were not seeing any slow downs so I started investigating more and what it looks like is there are so many ads and cookies and google analyitical tracking processes going on, that it's causing my firewall and intrusion prevention programs to go into hyper activity as it blocks it all.  This is affecting through put from this site even though I'm getting up to 25 MBps up/down transfer rates at times.  Right now, this is the only site I'm having trouble with as others, even when open in another window at the same time, are pretty normal speeds.  I also tried this site on another computer that I don't have so tightly protected and it was a lot faster, but then I could see the adware, cookies and other tracking processes coming through everything I changed pages.  Although I've not paid real close attention, I believe that Craftster has added a bunch of new ads over the last few months. This could be what is affecting others as well... at least those of us that run more protection on our computers than the average users seem to do.

Mike
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011 05:28:24 AM »

Thanks again, Mike!  We're checking on all of the information you've provided in the other thread.  From the sounds of it, it is your personal setup working overtime to block cookies and processes, but we'd like to investigate further.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kunoni
can't stay inside the lines..

fly away...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011 07:06:40 PM »

I recently have days when the pages load sooooooooo slowly, first the go blank, then I refresh and it goes to the skeleton of the page, not the real page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~shine shine shine~
zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011 12:17:04 AM »

For me for the last four days, anytime I try to load a page I get as far as the first post.  Then it just 'loads' forever and I have to reload the page several times to get it to show the rest of the threads.  Not sure how to report things like this though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011 06:33:37 AM »

For me for the last four days, anytime I try to load a page I get as far as the first post.  Then it just 'loads' forever and I have to reload the page several times to get it to show the rest of the threads.  Not sure how to report things like this though.

I saw your post on the Questionable Ads thread.  Thanks for letting us know!  Can you go to your unread replies and let me know the answer, when you have a moment, please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mega Crafter
Mega Man Maniac

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011 07:35:35 PM »

I don't know if this is related, but I've been trying to post a new thread in the Toys, Dolls, and Playthings section for the last half-hour.

I'm using Firefox on Xubuntu 10.04, and it just won't stop with "Waiting for craftster.org...". Bizarrely, I can post replies to threads (hence putting this here, where it seems to possibly be relevant, instead of trying to post my own thread about it), but not a new thread of my own.

EDIT: The second I finished writing this, it's now just given up entirely and presented me with "The connection has timed out" and "The server at www.craftster.org is taking too long to respond.". The thread has not appeared, even after all that time, so I'm going to see what happens now.

EDIT 2: It worked on the second attempt.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011 07:39:58 PM by Mega Crafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 New Ways to Wear Your Denim Jacket
British Designer Makes Most Expensive Dress In The World
Marchesa Goes Sporty For The New York Jets
WAG Kelly Brook Says She Dresses To Flatter Her Curves
Who Rocked the Frock: Edie Falco, Tess Daly, or Shalom Harlow?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...