A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not so green terrariums  (Read 1582 times)
Tags for this thread: terrarium , vintage_jewelry , bamboo , plant , jar , air_plant , squirrel , pinecone , curtains , mod_fabric , moss  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lunamadre
« on: February 18, 2011 08:42:49 AM »

As much as I love plants, my toddler and cats love them too.  They chew them, dig in them, knock them over.  Unless it's hanging from the ceiling, it's days are numbered.  I also moved into a new house without an abundance of sunny spots.  My other house had high light, and the plants that thrived there, kicked the bucket here.  I haven't decided where to hang some low light loving plants yet.  But I did see that my kitchen window sill was a perfect south facing sunny spot, well out of the way of tiny fingers and paws.

My lucky bamboo has been, well, lucky on the windowsill.  So I tried also getting an air plant.  So far so good.  But let's just say my gardening thumb is much greener than my houseplant thumb.  I'm hesitant to try more plants just yet.  But I had my sand, stones, gravel and jars out, and I was on a terrarium roll....

So I made some of these.  They require no light or water.  But they give me my house plant fix.  Plus I like to look at them while I"m working in the sink, which is often, lol.

And here are my curtains I made too....I love the pattern and colors.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschbitch
Stitchin'

Music, crafts, and dogs...all good.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011 10:23:06 AM »

I love terrariums! The little guy peeking out cracks me up!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

illuminatingone
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011 04:27:03 AM »

Good Job! Well done Grin I can tell that your creations give your home very good energy! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunamadre
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011 05:42:20 AM »

Good Job! Well done Grin I can tell that your creations give your home very good energy! Grin
awww, That encourages me to keep going.  Thanks! Cheesy I need to make more things for myself and my home, I tend to mostly make things to sell, swap or gift. 

I love terrariums! The little guy peeking out cracks me up!  Smiley
That's my favorite too...It's actually a little senorita, she has bright red lipstick and eyelashes.  It's a vintage pin, there is a matching one I still have to do something with.  My mom was cleaning out my grandmother's house after she died, and there was an old cigar box just crammed full of vintage jewelry.  This pin was in there and it was my favorite piece.  I considered making it into something to wear, but I figure it's something I wouldn't wear very often.  I kind of like having it in a place I can enjoy it every day, it brings a smile to my face too!  I think I'll use the other one in a loaded charm necklace or something.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
And I Love Her - Easy Rhythm Guitar Lesson
How to Play House of the Rising Sun on an Acoustic Guitar
Learn About "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt
Learn About "Stronger" by Takashi Murakami
The Phoenix and Immortal Symbols in Chinese Antique Furniture
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...