A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: blow up christmas yard decoration?  (Read 605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2011 04:53:59 AM »

Our neighbor had one of those blow up christmas decoration thingys.But something happened to it & it quit working.For some reason I snagged it from the curb.Question is what can I do with it?Lot's of vynle (sp).But I don't think it can be fixed  Undecided.So any ideas?Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
doveylou
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011 09:03:49 PM »

If it's a really sturdy vinyl, you could make a tote or messenger bag from it.  I've never done it, but I've seen photos of bags made from billboard vinyl which seem pretty cool.  I have made bags from the heavy plastic bags that some pet foods and bird seed comes in.  If you have a sturdy needle and use a roller foot (or maybe  a teflon foot or a walking foot if you have one) you shouldn't have much trouble stitching it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011 10:58:10 PM »

I agree. I would separate the pieces for your fabric collection and use the vinyl on different projects.
Bags are always a great idea, jewelry, wall art, if you know any expectant mothers, a blanket pad would be nice. (just a large piece that goes under a blanket, in case the baby has an accident).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jasminerenee
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011 06:01:20 PM »

Couple years back I found one for $5 in a clearance bin after Christmas. Its one of the smaller ones. I live in an apartment. No yard. I bought it anyway Cheesy Can't pass up a killer deal! The inside is a really cute penguin next to a reindeer. I very carefully cut away the outside of the whole piece, and carefully cut the animals from the bottom. It left them whole, with only their feet not having a fabric. I stuffed each of them tightly with fiber fill, then I sewed on fabric to seal them up. I now have two really adorable Christmas "plush" that look really cute next to my tree! Really wish I could post a photo, but they're already down in storage and I don't know where a photo would be. Depending on the size of the one you found, could you salvage the pieces? I really want one of the ones with the carousel inside, to take it apart and do the same. They're so cute!

Jasmine Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011 11:04:49 AM »

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before.
A few years ago it was a really hot summer, so I bought a 3 blow up beach balls at the dollar tree, glued them together so they were attached fairly sturdily, stuck a hose up through the center of them and it made an awesome game for the kids (ahem..not mine..). It bounced around spraying water everywhere. I wonder if you could somehow do something like that with the pieces you have.  I am planning on making a better version of that this year, maybe using pvc pipes to keep the hose from falling out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Elegant Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Grilled T-Bone Beef Steak Recipe
Celebration Veggie Relish Tray Recipe
Lemon Thyme Boneless Pork Chops Recipe
Pecan Crusted Oven Broiled Chicken Breasts Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...