A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I weaved a scarf.  (Read 6089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kallese
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2004 09:07:20 AM »

There's a new book out called Crazy With a Glue Gun.  It has 'scrap' weaving scarf instructions in it.  Looks quite simple!  I'm hoping to try it someday (adding that to list...ooh, #583 of crafts that I'd 'like to try sometime')

Tongue

You make the 'loom' right on an empty fabric bolt (JoAnns will give them to you for free).  I guess it's something I could do at the office.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
QueenOfIndiana
The Queen Returns to Indiana

Someone had to be Queen of this state....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2004 11:59:30 AM »

Signe,

That is a very nice scarf! I started a 15-week weaving class a couple of weeks ago. We spent class #1 warping and setting up our looms and last week we started weaving. By the end of the night, I finished weaving a small sample scarf with all sorts of different patterns and weft fibers (two and half hours about).

We ran out of time before our instructor could show us how to take it off our loom. It will be another two weeks before I can show it because she is off to Holland on a workshop and tour. Darn it Sad

I've done card weaving before -- I just notched cardboard on the top and bottom and wrapped yarn for my warp into the notches. Then I wove yarn around the card to make a small pouch. I don't have any samples to show because the little girl I was sitting for suckered me out of them (she's good at doing that).

But anyway, VERY nice, Signe! Good luck on making more! Be sure to show us your future projects! Smiley

Pam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

@beanblossom on Twitter
Kallese
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2004 08:22:16 PM »

sorry...English major in me...is the past tense of 'weave' supposed to be 'weaved' or 'woave'

waaay too late to be contemplating this kind of thing.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
signe

mars-yer than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004 08:48:41 AM »

This is where I pull out the "English is my third language"-card Tongue  Thanks for correcting me though. I actually didn't know how to spell it, so I just guessed.  But I appreciate your correction. :-)

Queenofindiana; that weaving class sounds awesome. What kind of patterns did you do? I can't really do any advanced stuff. It's mostly your average stripes-and-squares. Or, I suppose I could figure stuff out but I haven't had the time to weave anything besides that scarf.

Also, thanks for the positive feedback, guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2004 02:09:00 PM »

You do perfectly well with English  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kallese
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2004 02:29:18 PM »

This is where I pull out the "English is my third language"-card  

lol...English is my first language, and I still think things like this sound odd.  I wasn't trying to correct you, was really just curious.

thanks beeosh for the lesson!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004 09:55:11 PM »

Scarf is brilliant!!!
Non-native English speakers tend to use the language better than those who are born to it-- I guess if you're putting in all the effort to learn a VERY hard language, you figure you'd better do it right. It tends to go for American History as well, which makes me very sad...
LEARNING IS GOOD!
I say this as someone who dreaded going to school everyday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2004 04:12:29 AM »

I have woven and love it, at the moment, my loom is sitting in my attic in pieces. We need to finish the attic so I can send my kids to the attic to destroy things and have space downstairs to put the loom together.
What fiber did you use in your scarf?
I have used rayon chenille and I love the way it feels!
I've also used narrow silk strips as weft with natural cotton warp.
Weave on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...