A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading Swap (Sign-ups: CLOSED; Send by: March 28, 2011)  (Read 18948 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cayce
Current Swaps:

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2011 12:39:27 PM »

Checking in - I have most of the supplies I need already, but i'll have to hit up the bookstore for sure. I haven't started yet, I'm finishing up a Big Bang Theory swap this weekend, sending on Monday.

My boyfriend lost his job this thursday past due to a mass layoff at the plant he works at. Quite a shock to both of us, but we're trying to make the best of things. So this swap presents an interesting challenge - Sending internationally and being very thrifty about it!

Any ideas? Obviously - used books being the big one. Maybe I can find some light weight ones that fit the bill too? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reading Swap - Crafting!
Big Bang Swap Round 3 - Sent and Waiting to Receive!
spencerisgod
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2011 01:41:28 PM »

Spring Break has started which means I've a whole week just to craft:D! Hopefully I'm getting to the used bookstore tommorrow or monday and I've got some ideas kickin around in my head that I'm excited to get started on:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
euphemasaurus

Librarian-in-Training, Sarcastic Cross-Stitcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2011 01:48:36 PM »

Ok. I've bought supplies for two crafts, but I can't really start craftings until Monday (stupid school). And I've started collecting some cool books that I hope will make my partner happy.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2011 02:09:50 PM »

Checking in - I have most of the supplies I need already, but i'll have to hit up the bookstore for sure. I haven't started yet, I'm finishing up a Big Bang Theory swap this weekend, sending on Monday.

My boyfriend lost his job this thursday past due to a mass layoff at the plant he works at. Quite a shock to both of us, but we're trying to make the best of things. So this swap presents an interesting challenge - Sending internationally and being very thrifty about it!

Any ideas? Obviously - used books being the big one. Maybe I can find some light weight ones that fit the bill too? Smiley

Oh dear! Used paperbacks that aren't too fat? (Or possibly, books you already own and don't mind parting with?)  Only light crafted items - I know bookmarks and other book "accessories" aren't usually very heavy.

As far as my progress, I picked up a bunch of books at my favourite used bookstore. I need to sort to figure out what's going to my partner (and... um... what I might read first Wink). But I think I MAY be done the book part!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011 02:19:48 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2em
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2011 03:02:23 PM »

I went to a big book sale the other day and got a couple books for my partner (and a lot of books for dd, lol) and I have 2 crafts made.  I need to wait till payday on Wed. to get fabric for the last item.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
pioneer9
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2011 03:12:49 PM »

FYI - Borders filed for chapter 11!!!  If you've got one near you check to see if they're closing.

The one closest to me is closing, which A) upsets me, and B) annoys me because the books are only 25% off, and normally you could get 33-40% off with a coupon. I did manage to pick up something for my partner, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2011 04:42:40 PM »

I pretty much finished the other swap I was working on and now I'm ready to go full speed ahead on this one!! I'm lucky enough to have two partners to craft for- they're both challenging in different ways and I'm really excited to see what I can come up with for them. I'm only using fabric from my stash right now, but I've already pulled out some bits and pieces that might fit my lovely partners tastes. I've also been inspired to try and read 'Jane Eyre' again. I read it years ago and didn't care for it... but it's a favorite of one of my partners and she'd really like something related to it...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2011 04:53:34 PM »

I have two items partly done.  (One is almost finished.)  And my third item is partly done except I messed it up and I'm not sure whether it's reparable (sp?),  so I might be starting over on that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2011 05:08:19 PM »

I found some books at local thrift store (20 books for $5.00 a total mindblower!) and now I'm off to craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clumsy_momma
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2011 05:49:53 PM »

I've also been inspired to try and read 'Jane Eyre' again. I read it years ago and didn't care for it... but it's a favorite of one of my partners and she'd really like something related to it...  Cheesy

I tried reading it YEARS ago and couldn't get past the first couple of pages. I finally attempted to read it again a year or two ago, and it was worth trying again. It was a good read the second time around. I think this happens to a lot of people when they try to read Jane Eyre, at least the ones that I know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Would You Sacrifice for a Second Chance?
Noggin by John Corey Whaley Book Trailer
The Real Life of John Wayne, a Hollywood and American Icon
Southern Minute with Fannie Flagg
Joan Didion, Irony, and the Death of the California Dream
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...