A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More baggy dresses transformed into a well fitted cute dresses. Lots of pictures  (Read 2326 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hmonster
« on: February 16, 2011 10:02:32 AM »

So I wanted something cute to wear for Valentines day and I was in the mood for sewing... so fast forward a few days later and voila! Two perfect dresses for Valentines day and the rest of the summer!

DRESS NUMBER 1

This is the mu-mu I bought originally for my Valentines dress. I had cut the first line in it when I realized I wanted a pic of it's ugliness first  Grin

This is the best shot I have of the dress all done, it was super late and so the only light I could have on with out bothering people was my bathroom light and my mirror wasn't long enough to show the dress... hence the weird angle.  Undecided

I copied this dress pattern from the tutorial here on Craftster for the dragon print dress... I have no idea where it is I should probably go find it >< Well until I find the link I'll just describe it. The original dragon dress was made by a lovely girl who had this crazy dragon material and who is an amazing sewer and tailor, she is here somewhere in the threads. Great description right  Tongue

DRESS NUMBER 2

Here is ugly dress number two that I found. I realized that I had to wear a dress made of this material for valentines day despite all the hard work poured into the first dress. This second dress was just twisting my arm I didn't have a choice!
And yes my ceiling is red. we are a colorful family and don't believe in the color white for walls Tongue

This is the finished dress! It turned out so cute!! I know the pic quality is not the greatest, but bear with me! I used a Vogue  pattern I have had in my pattern stash for a while, I have no Idea what the pattern number is (i'm terrible at this huh) I decided to use some black material to break up some of the crazy color in the dress and I think it brings it down to earth with out taking away from the pattern, but that's just me. I really like the result its fun and swirly and reminds me a bit of the 70's.  Cheesy

This is a close up of the fabric. Isn't it great.

So anyways those are my Valentines dresses, I really like them Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011 10:25:08 AM by hmonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bleed yarn!
katherinina
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011 12:14:11 PM »

Those dresses are both gorgeous! I especially love the second one, that fabric may just be the greatest I have ever seen. EVER. Fantastic job x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazy cookie
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011 01:20:19 PM »

love the fabric of the second dress! good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011 02:07:28 PM »

I can see why you had to use that second dress!  Love the fabric!  It would make me smile just to walk passed it in my closet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
tigergirl
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011 10:13:08 PM »

Love the fabric of the second dress! Both dresses look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShannonMB

I aim to misbehave!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011 10:20:02 PM »

Both dresses came out so cute....I must say I am IN LOVE with the fabric of the second dress!! I wouldn't have been able to pass up cutting up and refashioning that!   Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I run with scissors.....it makes me feel DANGEROUS!!
Shenoa
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011 08:53:51 PM »

Amazing transformations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing the Right Tools for Sewing Projects
Choosing Fabric for Sewing Projects
How to Select Stitch Length in Sewing Projects
Crochet for Beginners: Slip Stitch
What Is Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...