A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,942
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More baggy dresses transformed into a well fitted cute dresses. Lots of pictures  (Read 2433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hmonster
« on: February 16, 2011 10:02:32 AM »

So I wanted something cute to wear for Valentines day and I was in the mood for sewing... so fast forward a few days later and voila! Two perfect dresses for Valentines day and the rest of the summer!

DRESS NUMBER 1

This is the mu-mu I bought originally for my Valentines dress. I had cut the first line in it when I realized I wanted a pic of it's ugliness first  Grin

This is the best shot I have of the dress all done, it was super late and so the only light I could have on with out bothering people was my bathroom light and my mirror wasn't long enough to show the dress... hence the weird angle.  Undecided

I copied this dress pattern from the tutorial here on Craftster for the dragon print dress... I have no idea where it is I should probably go find it >< Well until I find the link I'll just describe it. The original dragon dress was made by a lovely girl who had this crazy dragon material and who is an amazing sewer and tailor, she is here somewhere in the threads. Great description right  Tongue

DRESS NUMBER 2

Here is ugly dress number two that I found. I realized that I had to wear a dress made of this material for valentines day despite all the hard work poured into the first dress. This second dress was just twisting my arm I didn't have a choice!
And yes my ceiling is red. we are a colorful family and don't believe in the color white for walls Tongue

This is the finished dress! It turned out so cute!! I know the pic quality is not the greatest, but bear with me! I used a Vogue  pattern I have had in my pattern stash for a while, I have no Idea what the pattern number is (i'm terrible at this huh) I decided to use some black material to break up some of the crazy color in the dress and I think it brings it down to earth with out taking away from the pattern, but that's just me. I really like the result its fun and swirly and reminds me a bit of the 70's.  Cheesy

This is a close up of the fabric. Isn't it great.

So anyways those are my Valentines dresses, I really like them Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011 10:25:08 AM by hmonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bleed yarn!
katherinina
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011 12:14:11 PM »

Those dresses are both gorgeous! I especially love the second one, that fabric may just be the greatest I have ever seen. EVER. Fantastic job x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazy cookie
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011 01:20:19 PM »

love the fabric of the second dress! good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011 02:07:28 PM »

I can see why you had to use that second dress!  Love the fabric!  It would make me smile just to walk passed it in my closet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
tigergirl
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011 10:13:08 PM »

Love the fabric of the second dress! Both dresses look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShannonMB

I aim to misbehave!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011 10:20:02 PM »

Both dresses came out so cute....I must say I am IN LOVE with the fabric of the second dress!! I wouldn't have been able to pass up cutting up and refashioning that!   Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I run with scissors.....it makes me feel DANGEROUS!!
Shenoa
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011 08:53:51 PM »

Amazing transformations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Fabric
How to Paint Tangerines
How to Paint Cherries
How to Paint Lilies
Learn About Painting and Sculpture
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...