A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moomin Swap Gallery  (Read 6761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011 03:39:24 PM »

Here's my lovely package from FinRazel.  I love it all!
Amigurumi Moomin and Little My

Little box

cute bottle cap necklaces

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

shes possesed, and she gets the hiccups.......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011 11:50:46 PM »

Hi all! Sorry you haven't heard from me fro a while! I was on holiday in moominland (ok Finland) and I didn't have space in my luggage to take the laptop along, so I had a week of no internet. Great weather though for skiing. Didn't see any moomins though, but I suppose they are asleep still.

@ butweed: I'm glad you like your package! I had fun making it, although I did have a little struggle with the apron! It turned out to be far more work than I thought, see reason below.

I love the gloves - so cute!! And the Moominmamma apron was an idea that had crossed my mind, unfortunately there is no red and white striped fabric to be found in town.

I couldn't find any fabric with red and white stripes either. (not big stripes anyway) So I ended up sewing the stripes too, which is no fun if you don't have a serger. I'm glad my sewingmachine did have some serger like stitches so I  didn't have to go over each seam twice. I'm pleased how it turned out though, and as the recipient liked it, it was truly worth the time!

@ cursive_queen/Finraziel

Oh, those amigurumis are really cute! I really like the detail and care that goes in all the pieces I've seen here now! I saw a lot of moomin merchandise last week, but I thought most of it was terribly overpriced as the quality was terrible. I didn't by any moomin things because of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download
Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011 09:55:58 AM »

Awww ... Amigurumi Moomin is so cute! Great package Smiley

abbytail...I hope your package from me arrives soon....I'm getting postal anxiety now because I thought it would only take a few days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011 10:10:35 AM »

No need for anxiety yet!  It took butweeds package five days (I think) , so unless you want the package to beat a record its not really overdue yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011 01:05:57 PM »

I'm going to "rescue" my last item from my boyfriend's place tonight, so I should have pictures by tomorrow at the latest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

petskin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon

I'm actually Nodsu... that means Piglet :)

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011 07:20:27 PM »

I got my package from FLUFFYPANTS last night and it`s the cutest crafts ever! 2 most adorable pillows with washable covers Smiley, 2 lil bags for my daughters to color in Smiley 6 beautiful pins. 2 hot pads with moomin drawings- they`re so beautiful and also 2 bags of yummu finnish candy (I miss finnish candy- it didn`t notice how easy it was to buy it back then Cheesy- now years and tons of miles later i can see, that Ikea is my only chance here Cheesy).

Everything is so beautifully made and i can see the time that went into it and feel bad i didn`t make enough for her Sad  (like a too small pair of slippers, ugh). We really appreciate the cute and beautiful things you made me and my girls!

THANK YOU!

(tired kids after a long day)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.nodsu.etsy.com   * I love personal swaps Smiley*
fluffypants
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011 09:01:16 PM »

Your daughters are adorable, Petskin!
I didn't even think about the pillow covers being washable - silly me! You make an excellent point. I'm just a fan of removable cases. Wink Not sure how well felt washes, actually. Hmmmm. I'll have to look into that!

I promise I'll be posting photos tomorrow - the change purse is currently holding my leftover pesos from my trip to Mexico, and the desk organizer will be making an appearance here tomorrow - it's too cute to bring to work, it's staying right here at home! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011 04:50:18 AM »

What an amazing and thoughtful package!

I love (and need) those cushions...absolute ly gorgeous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffypants
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011 09:34:41 PM »

I finally got photos of my goodies from Petskin! First I didn't have one item at home, then my camera just about croaked... so I decided I'd best take them quick! Unfortunately that means the photos aren't so great - but the super cute Moomin goodness makes up for it. Smiley

First up - Snufkin slippers!

Next - an adorable Snufkin change purse which will reside in my Snufkin shoulder bag!

A lovely Snufkin notebook, still deciding what to use it for. On the inside it says "I'll come when it suits me," which may very well mean it's destined to be a day planner/event organizer. Wink

And last but not least, a gorgeous purpley desk organizer with my favourite picture of Sniff! So cute.

I do hope there's another Moomin swap in the future. Thanks so much, Petskin!

And thanks for organizing, Sylvanna!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011 11:42:29 AM »

The moomin greatness continues as I received from Sylvanna today. Or actually this evening, which means I am not able to take photographs now. So for now I'll keep you all guessing at the awesomeness and I'll go and admire my stuff......... That is if I can get the boyfriend to give me back two items....... :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Tangerines
How to Paint Cherries
How to Paint Lilies
Learn About Painting and Sculpture
Learn About The Evolution of an Art Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...