A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moomin Swap Gallery  (Read 7420 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011 01:23:03 PM »

Here's my great package from amymisha!

I got these which I haven't had the heart to open yet, because the apartment is a mess and I'm afraid I'd get cat hair all over them...

Then I got this neat soap! Cookie cutters put to good use, I say! Cheesy Two moomins and a hattifatter! Haven't unwrapped them yet as I don't want them to start melting away in the mosture, but they'll be a feature in my bathroom soon. Wink

Then there's a mug rug! We were both in the mug rug swap, and I was curious to see whether she'd pick up inspiration from that Cheesy

And lastly, my absolute favorite, these lush note cards

It makes me happy just looking at them. I'll have a real hard time ever using them, 'cause I just want to put them in a collection, and pet them occasionally Cheesy She also included the stamp that she'd used for the moomin on the cards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011 01:31:16 PM »

Great package! I love the Moomin soaps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

shes possesed, and she gets the hiccups.......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011 01:47:50 PM »

oh those soaps are so cute! Wonder what moomins smell like  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download
fluffypants
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011 04:55:27 PM »

Adorable note cards, I hope there's another Moomin swap in the future! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011 05:35:53 AM »

My partner never posted pics, so I figured I'd post some, though they're not the best (I haven't had the chance to transfer the good photos from the camera, so these are all cell phone shots). She never said she's picked up the package, but she said it had arrived for her at least - however, if you haven't looked at it yet, don't look at the pics here! kkthx Cheesy

This is the one I'm the most proud of (a pin cushion)

Correct me if I got the details wrong here, but it's in reference to when moomin mama is making a little toy boat for the moomin troll, and they find little My in the sewing kit Cheesy (not the first time she enters the books, she just happens to be there at the time.. though I think she's sat inside the thimble there)

Then I made a pencil roll, of which I have no good photo to show (but I do have some in my camera), that took incredibly much more work and effort than expected

I tried to align the pattern of the fabric as well as I could to hide the edge where the pencils go in. At the top you can see a furry tassle-like thing sticking out, which is on the end of the white closing strap, to mimic a moomin tail Cheesy (my original plan was to make the whole outside of the roll in whiteish velvety fabric, to mimic moomin fur, but then thought it might be slightly too morbid, though that wasn't my intention for once Wink )

Pictured is also a snufkin keychain and some swedish chocolate coins (10SEK)

The reason for the coins is that my partner said she has swedish heritage, so I thought it would be fun to include some related stuff, as I got the notion she seems interested Cheesy

I found this book that's a "learn english with moomin", that features a lot of english and swedish words and phrases side by side, that I just had to include. On that pic there's some more chocolate, and swedish cocktail flags - she asked if I could find paper flag garlands when I asked her if I could get her something, but I couldn't find any, so I tossed in something to make her own if she felt so inclined, or do whatever with them. They weigh nothing and cost very little anyway, so.. Cheesy Better than nothing?

I also included some leftover fabric that I ended up not using, both from the pencil roll and some that I just plain didn't use though I was sure I would have thought of something good.  Undecided I don't have any room for more fabric, so I passed it on Cheesy Here's a sample of one of them

And finally, when I was off to buy some faux fur for the tail tassle, I couldn't resist picking up this cute fabric with a print that's a mismash of classic swedish prints (I'd seen dala horse references in her wists, and I thought this fabric was awesome, so I picked up a piece)

So, I hope she liked it. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011 05:44:16 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
cursive_queen
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011 06:08:38 AM »

What a lovely package!  That pin cushion is so clever and nicely done
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffypants
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2011 09:58:37 AM »

Beautiful package! The pin cushion is adorable, and I'm drooling over the fabrics. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2011 11:35:55 AM »

Wow...such an amazing package Melladh!! I'm also drooling over the materials, and the pincushion is awesome, I think I need one! Smiley

I seriously love the front cover of the book too Smiley I think I'd quite love for the Moomins to teach me how to speak other languages  Cheesy

That's it then Moomin fans - all items have now been included in the gallery. Hope you all had a good swap, and thank you for making it an enjoyable swap for me to organise Smiley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011 11:38:15 AM by Sylvanna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

shes possesed, and she gets the hiccups.......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2011 12:00:43 PM »

Oh, that pincushion is fantastic! As are all the other great moomin crafts in this gallery! Thank you for organizing Sylvanna!

(P.S. the Thingummy and Bob coasters are now displayed as art in my workspace, the kids love em!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Serein Wu: My Week in Beauty Challenge Part 3
Serein Wu: My Week in Beauty Challenge Part 2
Serein Wu: My Week in Beauty Challenge Part 1
Miranda Mendoza: My Week in Beauty Challenge
Megan Moore: My Week in Beauty Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...