A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moomin Swap Gallery  (Read 6886 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 15, 2011 10:59:27 AM »

Discussion thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=370068.0

Get ready for the crafty Moomin love  Smiley

Please remember to PM your partner as well as me (the organiser) when you send and receive.

Status updates will be:

Sent
Partner has Received
Feedback Given
Late with communication
Late WITHOUT communication - Please PM me!

Moomin Swap - Partners

fluffypants<> petskin
cursive queen<>finraziel
amymisha<>melladh

abbytail>butweed>sylvanna>abbytail
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011 11:53:10 PM by Sylvanna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffypants
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011 12:02:11 PM »

I am so darn excited to see some Moomin goodies! I'm also super excited to ship my crafties to my partner, but it will be awhile yet, hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011 01:02:37 PM »

People mailing already, I'm feeling behind! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011 06:56:26 AM »

I have received the most amazing parcel of Moomin goodies from Butweed. I'm in awe of everything - it's all so well made and so incredibly unique!

The first items I unwrapped were these...

A Moomin knife and fork!!! Literally amazing...I love them Smiley And then....to go with the knife and fork...

The cutest Moomin plate, with my name on it! Here's a closeup...

Then we have one of the most beautiful craft items I've ever received...a lovely glass of Moomintroll and Snorkmaiden Smiley

Front...

Back...

Close-up...

Next (did I get spoilt or did I get spoilt?!) was the gorgeous stamp of Moomintroll on a cloud (from one of my favourite moments from a Moomin story). I love how thoughtful this is...

And then there was a gorgeous embroidered piece which is totally going on my embroidery wall asap!...

Can you believe it's Butweed's first attempt at embroidery?! And it's The Muskrat! I have a huge soft spot for the Muskrat Smiley

And last...some tasty Moomin treats (how cool!?)

Thank you so much for such amazing items and spoiling me so much!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

shes possesed, and she gets the hiccups.......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011 07:13:29 AM »

WOW! A moomin dining set! I especially like the knife and fork, what are thay made of? They look very design/ expensive. (BUT handmade makes them even better!)
I must revise my package to butweed though... as I was going to pick up them moomin sweets from the Finnish church. Not really original....... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011 08:44:45 AM »

Oh, to live in a land where I can just pick up Moomin anything, le sigh.

I love that knife and fork set, very, very sweet! Everything in that set is just grand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011 11:18:32 AM »

That's an awesome package Cheesy I haven't even started yet, and I already think my items won't be able to compete!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011 02:00:47 PM »

That's an awesome package Cheesy I haven't even started yet, and I already think my items won't be able to compete!

Haha  Cheesy I know! I had major swap anxiety as soon as I opened up the package - it's all so amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FinRaziel
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011 11:44:08 AM »

aaahh omg that's all so awesome!! i have no idea how you made that stuff butweed but it is amazing, you should go into the business of moominwares! i would be your customer for sure.

im also quite jealous of access to moomin candy.... none to be found in my part of the world  Sad 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
Butweed
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011 01:37:43 AM »

I loved making things for this swap Cheesy i think Moomins are just addictive! if I hadnt of sent I would probably be making more things Embarrassed.

Im still not keen on the embroidery but its better than my second attempt for my granma's 87th.

Abbytail, Sweets are always welcome Grin (have munched my way through my secret stash)
I buy imported candy and snacks from an online shop. I wouldnt be able to find any Moomin sweets in any local shops.

The knife and fork are made from fimo and then painted with waterproof paint.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011 04:35:24 AM »

Normally I'm not able to by moomin sweets locally either. But we've got a Finnish church in Rotterdam (there are churces in Antwerp and London also) and I'm momentarily living in the centre of the city. It's a church and a community house as well. They sell Finnish foods and stuff at a very,very,very high price though,but sometimes you just can't resist. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

petskin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon

I'm actually Nodsu... that means Piglet :)

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011 10:35:25 AM »

what great package! I love the fork set too, so cute and the embroidery is so pretty too Smiley

*getting worried about my own items now, ugh...i wonder, if they`ll be good enough and just enough too D*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.nodsu.etsy.com   * I love personal swaps Smiley*
Anofeles
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011 01:02:35 PM »

That looks amazing! I love the glass.. Now I really regret I couldn't join this swap... Moomins are the the most charming fairy-tale ever Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Butweed
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011 03:25:24 AM »

Behold the most Thoughtful and awesome swap parcel I have ever received!  Cheesy

sorry for the poor quality photos Sad was taken last night and I hoped to take better photos today but its gloomy gray out and lighting still sucks.

Mug rugs With my fav quotes and gorgeous artwork.

All lined with adorable purple flower fabric (not pictured) and purple is my fav colour

lil Light bulb keychain to show the electrifying power of the Hattifattener (Should of put my gloves on for this pic)

Adorable pouch that is the perfect size for my mobile makeup. (Also has cute purple flower lining)

Now this is how embroidery should be done  Embarrassed no giant lumps (my knots always seem to end up the size of golf balls) and even stitching.

Hattifattener gloves! Really soft and very warm.
Im starting to think abbytail somehow invaded my mind, I was just about to buy some new gloves (no way near as cool) and now dont have too. Grin

Ignore how messy my hair looks I had just walked home from work. must remember to go get it chopped off soon.
My fav item which I never could attempt to make myself... a moominmama apron.

I cant thank you enough for the wonderful items abbytail, Im feeling very spoilt right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011 04:36:39 AM »

I love the gloves - so cute!! And the Moominmamma apron was an idea that had crossed my mind, unfortunately there is no red and white striped fabric to be found in town. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anofeles
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011 04:52:21 AM »

I'm in love with the mug rugs! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011 05:57:49 AM »

those gloves are awesome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011 09:58:23 AM »

Eep!! Amazing package! Smiley

I love the apron (I neeed one!) and the gloves especially Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffypants
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011 01:05:12 PM »

I'll be posting pictures soon, I forgot one item at my boyfriend's place, but the rest are getting ready for their photo shoot! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011 06:46:28 AM »

I received a great package from FinRazel.  I have a friend in town and it's mardi gras so I've been a little delayed in posting pictures, I hope to do so tonight when I get home from work tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011 03:39:24 PM »

Here's my lovely package from FinRazel.  I love it all!
Amigurumi Moomin and Little My

Little box

cute bottle cap necklaces

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011 11:50:46 PM »

Hi all! Sorry you haven't heard from me fro a while! I was on holiday in moominland (ok Finland) and I didn't have space in my luggage to take the laptop along, so I had a week of no internet. Great weather though for skiing. Didn't see any moomins though, but I suppose they are asleep still.

@ butweed: I'm glad you like your package! I had fun making it, although I did have a little struggle with the apron! It turned out to be far more work than I thought, see reason below.

I love the gloves - so cute!! And the Moominmamma apron was an idea that had crossed my mind, unfortunately there is no red and white striped fabric to be found in town.

I couldn't find any fabric with red and white stripes either. (not big stripes anyway) So I ended up sewing the stripes too, which is no fun if you don't have a serger. I'm glad my sewingmachine did have some serger like stitches so I  didn't have to go over each seam twice. I'm pleased how it turned out though, and as the recipient liked it, it was truly worth the time!

@ cursive_queen/Finraziel

Oh, those amigurumis are really cute! I really like the detail and care that goes in all the pieces I've seen here now! I saw a lot of moomin merchandise last week, but I thought most of it was terribly overpriced as the quality was terrible. I didn't by any moomin things because of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011 09:55:58 AM »

Awww ... Amigurumi Moomin is so cute! Great package Smiley

abbytail...I hope your package from me arrives soon....I'm getting postal anxiety now because I thought it would only take a few days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011 10:10:35 AM »

No need for anxiety yet!  It took butweeds package five days (I think) , so unless you want the package to beat a record its not really overdue yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011 01:05:57 PM »

I'm going to "rescue" my last item from my boyfriend's place tonight, so I should have pictures by tomorrow at the latest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

petskin

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011 07:20:27 PM »

I got my package from FLUFFYPANTS last night and it`s the cutest crafts ever! 2 most adorable pillows with washable covers Smiley, 2 lil bags for my daughters to color in Smiley 6 beautiful pins. 2 hot pads with moomin drawings- they`re so beautiful and also 2 bags of yummu finnish candy (I miss finnish candy- it didn`t notice how easy it was to buy it back then Cheesy- now years and tons of miles later i can see, that Ikea is my only chance here Cheesy).

Everything is so beautifully made and i can see the time that went into it and feel bad i didn`t make enough for her Sad  (like a too small pair of slippers, ugh). We really appreciate the cute and beautiful things you made me and my girls!

THANK YOU!

(tired kids after a long day)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011 09:01:16 PM »

Your daughters are adorable, Petskin!
I didn't even think about the pillow covers being washable - silly me! You make an excellent point. I'm just a fan of removable cases. Wink Not sure how well felt washes, actually. Hmmmm. I'll have to look into that!

I promise I'll be posting photos tomorrow - the change purse is currently holding my leftover pesos from my trip to Mexico, and the desk organizer will be making an appearance here tomorrow - it's too cute to bring to work, it's staying right here at home! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011 04:50:18 AM »

What an amazing and thoughtful package!

I love (and need) those cushions...absolute ly gorgeous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffypants
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011 09:34:41 PM »

I finally got photos of my goodies from Petskin! First I didn't have one item at home, then my camera just about croaked... so I decided I'd best take them quick! Unfortunately that means the photos aren't so great - but the super cute Moomin goodness makes up for it. Smiley

First up - Snufkin slippers!

Next - an adorable Snufkin change purse which will reside in my Snufkin shoulder bag!

A lovely Snufkin notebook, still deciding what to use it for. On the inside it says "I'll come when it suits me," which may very well mean it's destined to be a day planner/event organizer. Wink

And last but not least, a gorgeous purpley desk organizer with my favourite picture of Sniff! So cute.

I do hope there's another Moomin swap in the future. Thanks so much, Petskin!

And thanks for organizing, Sylvanna!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011 11:42:29 AM »

The moomin greatness continues as I received from Sylvanna today. Or actually this evening, which means I am not able to take photographs now. So for now I'll keep you all guessing at the awesomeness and I'll go and admire my stuff......... That is if I can get the boyfriend to give me back two items....... :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FinRaziel
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011 12:01:00 PM »

i just received from cursive_queen too! more totally awesome moomin stuff, i think this could be the beginning of a new addiction. i won't be able to post until tomorrow though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/FinRaziel
Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011 12:33:09 PM »

The Snufkin notebook is lovely, and the organiser is really cute.

abbytail...so glad you've received! Smiley

And no problem at all with the organising - Moomin fans are clearly awesome because you've all made my first experience as an organiser a really good one Smiley

Looking forward to seeing more piccies!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011 12:21:34 AM »

Be prepared for another dose of moomin goodies!

I'll get straight to the point so here are the photo's:

Sylvanna sent me all kinds of great moomin stuff!
And did she go moomin all the way, she even had wrote a short letter to me on moomin stationary!

There's a moomin bag of which I took a detail shot of the embroidery

My favorite moomin character is little My and Sylvanna captured her image (AND her attitude) in this great hoopla!

It's my first hoopla ever! I think this will go above my desk in my craftspace.

She also made these great Thingummy and Bob coasters.

They're the weirdest/funniest moomin characters in my opinion  Grin  They're not going to be used as coasters though, my boyfriend confiscated them allready. He reckons there way to good to be put underneath something. I think he wants to hang them on the kitchen wall.

There were two moomin cards, a keychain/bagcharm with (shrinkydink?) moomins (I'm sure I too a detail photograph, no Idea where it went though Sad  ) and a moomin paperclip too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011 12:23:08 AM by abbytail » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011 12:58:37 AM »

great stuff! That pencil holder is really cute Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011 06:37:44 PM »

Such cute goodies! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011 01:13:46 AM »

I'm so glad you like everything abbytail Smiley I especially loved stitching Little My Smiley

That's so funny about the coasters - although I'm sure Thingumy and Bob will appreciate not have a mug placed on them every day  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FinRaziel
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011 06:54:48 PM »

im so sorry it took me quite a few days to get pics up of the awesome moomin stuff that cursive_queen sent me.  i had a wedding saturday then spent sunday hungover and useless.

she sent me two embriodery hoops, one of moomin and the other of snufkin:

and she sent me an AMAZING bag with moomin screenprinted on it, that i have already been carrying around with me everywhere.

and a bottle cap necklace, which is something i made for her too. for the life of me i could not get a picture of it that was even remotely clear. cursive_queen, if you have a decent pic plz post it!

thank you so much! i love everything you made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/FinRaziel
Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011 11:47:59 AM »

Aww...both the bag and the hoops are just gorgeous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
petskin

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011 12:50:59 PM »

Aww...both the bag and the hoops are just gorgeous Smiley

agreed, it was a great swap, everyone made such pretty and cute (how lese, it is moomin, after all Tongue) stuff Smiley . I enjoyed looking at all the pretty stiches and claywork Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011 12:53:46 PM »

Aww thanks for the compliments.  I kept getting glare on the bottle cap too.  I can't find the link to the image on the internet (I might be able to find it on my computer), but it's an image of snorkmaiden and moomin under an umbrella
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011 01:23:03 PM »

Here's my great package from amymisha!

I got these which I haven't had the heart to open yet, because the apartment is a mess and I'm afraid I'd get cat hair all over them...

Then I got this neat soap! Cookie cutters put to good use, I say! Cheesy Two moomins and a hattifatter! Haven't unwrapped them yet as I don't want them to start melting away in the mosture, but they'll be a feature in my bathroom soon. Wink

Then there's a mug rug! We were both in the mug rug swap, and I was curious to see whether she'd pick up inspiration from that Cheesy

And lastly, my absolute favorite, these lush note cards

It makes me happy just looking at them. I'll have a real hard time ever using them, 'cause I just want to put them in a collection, and pet them occasionally Cheesy She also included the stamp that she'd used for the moomin on the cards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011 01:31:16 PM »

Great package! I love the Moomin soaps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011 01:47:50 PM »

oh those soaps are so cute! Wonder what moomins smell like  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011 04:55:27 PM »

Adorable note cards, I hope there's another Moomin swap in the future! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011 05:35:53 AM »

My partner never posted pics, so I figured I'd post some, though they're not the best (I haven't had the chance to transfer the good photos from the camera, so these are all cell phone shots). She never said she's picked up the package, but she said it had arrived for her at least - however, if you haven't looked at it yet, don't look at the pics here! kkthx Cheesy

This is the one I'm the most proud of (a pin cushion)

Correct me if I got the details wrong here, but it's in reference to when moomin mama is making a little toy boat for the moomin troll, and they find little My in the sewing kit Cheesy (not the first time she enters the books, she just happens to be there at the time.. though I think she's sat inside the thimble there)

Then I made a pencil roll, of which I have no good photo to show (but I do have some in my camera), that took incredibly much more work and effort than expected

I tried to align the pattern of the fabric as well as I could to hide the edge where the pencils go in. At the top you can see a furry tassle-like thing sticking out, which is on the end of the white closing strap, to mimic a moomin tail Cheesy (my original plan was to make the whole outside of the roll in whiteish velvety fabric, to mimic moomin fur, but then thought it might be slightly too morbid, though that wasn't my intention for once Wink )

Pictured is also a snufkin keychain and some swedish chocolate coins (10SEK)

The reason for the coins is that my partner said she has swedish heritage, so I thought it would be fun to include some related stuff, as I got the notion she seems interested Cheesy

I found this book that's a "learn english with moomin", that features a lot of english and swedish words and phrases side by side, that I just had to include. On that pic there's some more chocolate, and swedish cocktail flags - she asked if I could find paper flag garlands when I asked her if I could get her something, but I couldn't find any, so I tossed in something to make her own if she felt so inclined, or do whatever with them. They weigh nothing and cost very little anyway, so.. Cheesy Better than nothing?

I also included some leftover fabric that I ended up not using, both from the pencil roll and some that I just plain didn't use though I was sure I would have thought of something good.  Undecided I don't have any room for more fabric, so I passed it on Cheesy Here's a sample of one of them

And finally, when I was off to buy some faux fur for the tail tassle, I couldn't resist picking up this cute fabric with a print that's a mismash of classic swedish prints (I'd seen dala horse references in her wists, and I thought this fabric was awesome, so I picked up a piece)

So, I hope she liked it. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011 05:44:16 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011 06:08:38 AM »

What a lovely package!  That pin cushion is so clever and nicely done
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffypants
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2011 09:58:37 AM »

Beautiful package! The pin cushion is adorable, and I'm drooling over the fabrics. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2011 11:35:55 AM »

Wow...such an amazing package Melladh!! I'm also drooling over the materials, and the pincushion is awesome, I think I need one! Smiley

I seriously love the front cover of the book too Smiley I think I'd quite love for the Moomins to teach me how to speak other languages  Cheesy

That's it then Moomin fans - all items have now been included in the gallery. Hope you all had a good swap, and thank you for making it an enjoyable swap for me to organise Smiley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011 11:38:15 AM by Sylvanna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbytail

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2011 12:00:43 PM »

Oh, that pincushion is fantastic! As are all the other great moomin crafts in this gallery! Thank you for organizing Sylvanna!

(P.S. the Thingummy and Bob coasters are now displayed as art in my workspace, the kids love em!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jewelry Care Tips - Cleaning Our Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Assessing the Security of Your Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Sorting Your Jewelry Box
Pitfalls when Buying Diamond
What are Diamond Certificates
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...