A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Vendor input  (Read 787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Geckojewelry
« on: May 14, 2012 09:56:19 PM »

I have been looking for awhile trying to find a site that helps vendors with shows.  I have a few festivals that I am looking into doing but not sure what the ratings or if others have done it what they thought.  Is their such a site to see what hints, tips or to do the festival or not do it?

Thanks--Gecko Jewelry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012 04:09:55 AM »

There are a few. But usually you have to pay (usually about $20 a year) to be a member in order to get the information.

One source is Sunshine Artist magazine. www.sunshineartist. com They have art fair listings in each issue and reviews of a number of shows nationwide. The magazine also has plenty of tips for exhibitors.

Another source is Festivalnet.  http://festivalnet.com/ It's an online source for shows and fairs and is quite comprehensive. I use them frequently. But you must pay in order to get any reviews.

One other source, and sadly it is dying, is Craftlister. www.eventlister.com/events/
 Sometimes the site is up, and sometimes it's down. You can get show listings but after a certain time out from the current date, you have to pay.

But I have found the absolute best way to find out about shows/fairs is to talk to your fellow exhibitors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudio s.com
Geckojewelry
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012 08:56:14 PM »

Thank you Chris,  I have looked at the crafters site and did not find the festival.  I don't know anyone doing this one since it is 3 hours away from me. I live in Washington State and the festival is Covington Days. Supposibly has 14,000 people come through. It is a 3 day event in July. A friend and I are going to do it but I was hoping to hear what other vendors thought of it. Will try the other sites you suggested. Thanks  Jeanna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a German Shepherd
Bay Area Maker Faire 2012 Tour
How to Draw Zapp Braniggan
Selecting Skin Tones in Photoshop CS6
How to Use Variable Stroke Width in Adobe Illustrator CS5
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...