A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Wands  (Read 3837 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , wand  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2011 02:45:01 PM »

I'm hosting a Harry Potter swap at another site, and it's divided into groups. Each group makes something for each person and sends it to the host, and I repackage it and send it out so that each person gets a neat little bunch of items from the people in their group.

These are my contributions to two of the groups: smallish wands created from chopsticks, marbled polymer clay in house colours, and various jewelry findings, beads and charms. Note: the watermarks on my photos have my usual forum name, IceKat. Icekibby is my alternative name.

These are the Ravenclaw wands:

And these are the Slytherin wands:

(the one with the ornamentation upright has a skull with a snake wrapping down from it, like a Deatheater mark)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011 03:22:16 PM »

I thought these were for hair from the thumbnail. They're pretty! If they were smaller I'd totally stick one in my hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011 03:22:52 PM »

Oh fun! These look great. If you don't mind my asking, what's the other site? I don't think it's against the rules to mention it. If it is, could you just PM me the name?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011 03:27:34 PM »

Those are awesome!  And I agree with Retro_Rose - I thought those were for your hair and if they were a bit smaller I would totally wear them!  I'm always looking for new and funky chopsticks for my hair.  I may try decorating some with polymer clay. Was there a particular kind of chopsticks you used that made it through the oven okay or will any old chopstick of any material work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011 05:30:58 PM »

These are regular chopstick size, so you could stick them in your hair if you wanted to. They're ones I got at Chinese takeout, nothing special at all. I just smoothed the end to a soft point before putting the polymer clay on.

The other site I swap and host at is called ATCsForAll.com. Mostly we do ATCs but also other types of Mail Art.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
imera
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011 03:45:27 AM »

These are wonderful, really nice idea with the clay handle, now I need to find chopsticks, or anything like that to make my own Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChristieAnn
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011 06:53:45 PM »

Yep, i thought they were hairsticks too.  Very very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I HAVE LOTS OF UNMOUNTED RUBBER STAMPS - MOST PRISTINE - WOULD LOVE TO TRADE FOR VINTAGE PLASTIC KNITTING NEEDLES OR WOOD SPOOLS OF THREAD - PM ME!

Wists:  http://www.wists.com/ChristieAnn
caycilia
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011 09:03:16 PM »

beautiful and magical!  I especially love the ravenclaw ones.  I like the idea of putting them in your hair, even as a wand.  Why stow something so pretty in your pocket?  It's just as easy to draw if it's in your hair.  Still perfectly accessible in the event of danger!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011 08:46:30 PM »

I like the idea of putting them in your hair, even as a wand.  Why stow something so pretty in your pocket?  It's just as easy to draw if it's in your hair.  Still perfectly accessible in the event of danger!

I agree, plus you have the element of surprise. Especially if they tell you to put your hands on your head... Bam! Stupify!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caycilia
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011 03:34:27 PM »

draw if it's in your hair.  Still perfectly accessible in the event of danger!
[/quote]

I agree, plus you have the element of surprise. Especially if they tell you to put your hands on your head... Bam! Stupify!
[/quote]

Indeed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Super Man
How to Draw Son Goku from Drago Ball Z
Ebru Painting Demonstration
Learn About the Art of Ebru
Learn About Drawing Cartoons and Comics
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...